Kim's Place OKC

Enroute Class pass rate

Academy Study Guides

atcrick

Lurker
FAA
Facility
DEN Denver Tower
So I have to ask, im a retired ATC my nephew starts class soon enroute: So the process works as you kind of spell out here? if you lose a classmate the facility at the end of the list falls off? what are the alternate spots? can anyone pick those? im guessing the first pick can pick any facility on list...and so on?

Tom

Trusted Contributor
So I have to ask, im a retired ATC my nephew starts class soon enroute: So the process works as you kind of spell out here? if you lose a classmate the facility at the end of the list falls off? what are the alternate spots? can anyone pick those? im guessing the first pick can pick any facility on list...and so on?
Yep they just run a list and you get as many spots as they have needs. As people drop off, so do lists spots. I believe alternates are available as long as a need exists-ie Anchorage, Hawaii, Guam may be able to be selected pending the staffing. First goes first

StealthChain

Trusted Contributor
Yep they just run a list and you get as many spots as they have needs. As people drop off, so do lists spots. I believe alternates are available as long as a need exists-ie Anchorage, Hawaii, Guam may be able to be selected pending the staffing. First goes first
My understanding is that Hawaii is not an option for academy grads due to it being listed as a "tower".

NN9419

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ZAB Albuquerque Center
We had a person from our class who was a Hawaii local and she was told pretty much from day 1 there was 0% chance Hawaii would be an option. So even if you’re from there, sounds like it’s a long shot of anybody being placed there for the time being.

Olympus

Trusted Contributor
We had a person from our class who was a Hawaii local and she was told pretty much from day 1 there was 0% chance Hawaii would be an option. So even if you’re from there, sounds like it’s a long shot of anybody being placed there for the time being.
Yeah I'm prepared for that tbh. Wishful thinking more than anything. Haven't heard a lot from Hawaii locals on this site though.