Enroute Class pass rate

It really feels like with the way these lists have been, with ~8 people in a class, minus some dropping off and 1-2 out for quarantine, if your not #1 you just get the really short end of an already short stick :/

Prime example: the lowest passing grade in our class goes to SJ with an 89% overall grade... Phenomenal performance, sub par reward

Unfortunately, we all knew it was a possibility when we signed up

Just told my wife if I get a list like this and I’m not top of the class, we’re going to Puerto Rico whether she likes it or not.

Just wait until there are no more alternative slots because they've all been taken. Notice how there are no more ZAN alternatives? The way things have been going the same may happen to ZSU.

Just wait until there are no more alternative slots because they've all been taken. Notice how there are no more ZAN alternatives? The way things have been going the same may happen to ZSU.
ZSU comes on in waves. So does ZAN. Sometimes ZNY is an alternate. My guess is the lists will be better in a couple months after a lot get assigned to these less wanted places

Just told my wife if I get a list like this and I’m not top of the class, we’re going to Puerto Rico whether she likes it or not.
I'm not at ZID but I'm from the Indy area, the area is nothing spectacular but the city is honestly a hidden gem in my opinion. I can't speak on the training but the few controllers I know there really like the facility and level 12 pay in Indiana is hard to beat. As for the rest, I'd pick ZSU too

This is an unpopular opinion but ZOA is not that bad.

No one can argue that cost of living is high, there is a training backlog (nothing compared to ZNY), and it is hard to leave traditionally (you'll probably have to get your 52 weeks, quit and reapply).

On the other hand, the facility culture seems pretty good, Northern California has access to anything anyone would want to do and job opportunities are great if your partner has a career.

In my opinion, too many people buy into the facility rumors and the culture that California is falling apart. I need money as much as the next person but I don't have children and am young so I am prioritizing having a great fucking time and the Bay Area is a perfect place. If you want what is typically described as the "American dream" then it's probably a terrible place and I respect that too.

This is an unpopular opinion but ZOA is not that bad.

No one can argue that cost of living is high, there is a training backlog (nothing compared to ZNY), and it is hard to leave traditionally (you'll probably have to get your 52 weeks, quit and reapply).

On the other hand, the facility culture seems pretty good, Northern California has access to anything anyone would want to do and job opportunities are great if your partner has a career.

In my opinion, too many people buy into the facility rumors and the culture that California is falling apart. I need money as much as the next person but I don't have children and am young so I am prioritizing having a great fucking time and the Bay Area is a perfect place. If you want what is typically described as the "American dream" then it's probably a terrible place and I respect that too.
That's my problem. ZOA would be great if I didn't need a 2 bedroom apartment for my kid. I literally can't afford to work there, so ZSU alternate is basically the only choice for me if I get stuck with a choice between ZOA and ZNY. Just have to hope I get top of my class of 6.

Back
Top Bottom