February (Q2) 2023

Back in the early days of NCEPT I used to sit with my ATM and go over the rankings. There was one panel where we had about 6 people with paperwork in. Only one had come for a tour and he was ranked #1 presumably because he was a familiar name and seemed like a nice guy when he visited. Everyone else was ranked based on experience except for the one ranked last. She had decent experience but on her employee evaluation her supe wrote “she shows up to work on time” and nothing else. He thought that said more about her than writing nothing in the comments. I thought that was funny
That makes sense.

I spoke to one of the controllers at ATL who basically said the people that get picked up there are the ones who've visited the tower at least once or twice. I visited where I got picked up after that, but that was in my area. I wouldnt have thought to fly out of town just to visit a tower but maybe thats the trick.

That makes sense.

I spoke to one of the controllers at ATL who basically said the people that get picked up there are the ones who've visited the tower at least once or twice. I visited where I got picked up after that, but that was in my area. I wouldnt have thought to fly out of town just to visit a tower but maybe thats the trick.
It all depends on the ATM where you want to go. Some do homework. Some like people who visit. Some let Natca choose. Some just rank by facility level. Some hire from same region. Some from same area like feeder facilities.

If you want a facility you should 100% visit and put a face to the name on their ranking lists.

Back
Top Bottom