Enroute Class pass rate

Why does anyone care about the person behind you? If you can’t block out the “noise” and “distractions” you aren’t gonna work in this profession. Every person who goes through the academy is given the same opportunity you either pass or fail. If you pass good on you if you fail you have no one to blame but yourself. It’s not the evaluators fault you lose points
Its mostly true thats its really up to you if you pass or fail, but that doesn't change the fact that certain evaluators nickel and dime you for anything that they didn't like.

The way most facilities are, the whole easy vs hard evaluators thing doesn't go away after you leave academy land. There are easy trainers, there are hard trainers. Training at your facility will go almost the exact same way with your trainer being all up in your business no matter if they are an easy one or a hard one for every single session.

Luck of the draw will go a long way in determining your career so you'll just have to find a way to deal with that and control what's in your control.

Its mostly true thats its really up to you if you pass or fail, but that doesn't change the fact that certain evaluators nickel and dime you for anything that they didn't like.
Really if you show up confidently in the first 5 minutes and sound like you know what you’re doing the evaluator will sit back and lose interest. If you come in all shaky, even if you don’t make a mistake the evaluator will be staring at every move

Your leads should go over what’s important but get every point possible leading into radar is one you’ll hear a lot, which is true, my class had someone pass with a 70.54 so points can save you. For radar: there’s not really a secret formula for success. You show up and run the problems, ask questions on stuff you don’t understand and try not to make the same mistakes over again. If you can understand the radar scope and what situations require what solutions you’ll be fine and should be able to pass.

Miss you douchebag!

Really if you show up confidently in the first 5 minutes and sound like you know what you’re doing the evaluator will sit back and lose interest. If you come in all shaky, even if you don’t make a mistake the evaluator will be staring at every move
I don’t know how true that is…….
Please share any insight for us
Know your rules. Get EVERY point you can get. Stay in your books. I went in with 32.47 pts, and had I not... I wouldn’t have passed. I ended up passing with like a 74 or 75. I made a 33 on my first eval. The points I had going in left me to average 69’s, which isn’t terrible.

Also, if you completely bomb your first eval, let it go. I cried the first day, and the second day picked myself up. After my second problem I came in the room and told the guys I was getting this fucking job. Be positive. Be unstoppable. Be confident.

A guy in my class that went in with less points, bombed first problem, needed two 87’s and passed ahead of me. I say this to say it’s possible. Just let that shit go.

The problems won’t be anything you won’t know how to do.

Counter point, I drank beer and whiskey every night and waking up an hour early on test days to re read some sections was most of the studying I did. I’m not going to say studying is bad but I think a big factor is just getting it or not. Someone who is going to fail with 40s on their evals isn’t going to get it studying everyday. I watched it happen to a few people. They tried they studied a ton. They didn’t go out drinking, and they put in tons more hours than others but didn’t make it.

Anatole since you can’t save money anymore
Anatole is in a sketchy part of town. The gates were never closed when I was there and multiple cars got broken into. There is also a racetrack nextdoor so good luck sleeping in on the weekends. I'd recomend FAA Crashpads or Kims and room with a classmate. Crashpads gives you $100 in instacart every month so you save a ton of per diem.

Anatole is in a sketchy part of town. The gates were never closed when I was there and multiple cars got broken into. There is also a racetrack nextdoor so good luck sleeping in on the weekends. I'd recomend FAA Crashpads or Kims and room with a classmate. Crashpads gives you $100 in instacart every month so you save a ton of per diem.
I stayed at Kim’s. It was ok. I thought Anatole was way nicer and closer to everything. But I was able to bank a ton of cash and credit card rewards through Kim’s

I stayed at Anatole and didn’t have any issues. It’s very nice and the sketchy part of town is like 15-20 mins away. You’re close to shopping, restaurants, and an outdoor mall and it’s only 10 mins from MMAC. Can’t beat it IMO, unless you’re looking for more of a college type atmosphere that most people get over at Kim’s.

I’m staying at Anatole now, I’ve been happy with it so far. Close to everything and only 10 minutes from the academy. Gates are always closed and the complex is clean. Only thing I’ve heard on the weekends is kids playing outside. Outside of my apartment occasionally smelling a bit like marijuana from my neighbor I can’t think of any complaints.

I’m staying at Anatole now, I’ve been happy with it so far. Close to everything and only 10 minutes from the academy. Gates are always closed and the complex is clean. Only thing I’ve heard on the weekends is kids playing outside. Outside of my apartment occasionally smelling a bit like marijuana from my neighbor I can’t think of any complaints.
I’m here now as well. I’d have to disagree, the room itself is decent enough but as soon as you step outside to property is dirty and definitely has a sketchy feel. Maybe I’m just picky but that’s my impression so far.

I used Kim's and I liked it. The food was cheap Walmart brand stuff but the house itself was actually pretty nice. Kim has 2 locations though and I don't think you can choose which one you get. My friend got the Mustang location and he said it wasn't very nice and I got the other location, Edgewood Manor and I thought it was pretty nice. It had real rock counter tops (I dont think granite but any rock countertop is a plus for me lol) and just overall an actually nice place to live. It has a garage too which was great for the winter when I went.

I’m here now as well. I’d have to disagree, the room itself is decent enough but as soon as you step outside to property is dirty and definitely has a sketchy feel. Maybe I’m just picky but that’s my impression so far.
I can understand that. I felt the same way when I got there just because of the local area, I’ll agree there’s a good number of homeless up the street but even when I’ve gone for walks late at night I’ve felt pretty safe on the property. I haven’t used it yet but the gym looked to be pretty clean when I went through it as well.

I used Kim's and I liked it. The food was cheap Walmart brand stuff but the house itself was actually pretty nice. Kim has 2 locations though and I don't think you can choose which one you get. My friend got the Mustang location and he said it wasn't very nice and I got the other location, Edgewood Manor and I thought it was pretty nice. It had real rock counter tops (I dont think granite but any rock countertop is a plus for me lol) and just overall an actually nice place to live. It has a garage too which was great for the winter when I went.
The houses are pretty similar at both and mustang is right next to bowling and food. And closer to the academy.

Back
Top Bottom