ERR Transfer

ATC Ace

FAA
Facility
ZME Memphis Center
I am getting ready to submit my ERR for Miami ARTCC. I am getting no help from human resource at ZME as they have no idea about any of this. I was wondering who to address the cover letter to and also what is the fax number to send this to the FAA Southern Region? I saw the NCEPT panel deadline was in June... How does this effect my ERR request? Can I still submit this?

The site FAQ has a pretty good rundown on what to do. Also has a ERR package that has a cover letter template that lets you select the region and automatically populates the contact info. The rest is all in there too. I’ve used it for all my ERRs.

I am getting ready to submit my ERR for Miami ARTCC. I am getting no help from human resource at ZME as they have no idea about any of this. I was wondering who to address the cover letter to and also what is the fax number to send this to the FAA Southern Region? I saw the NCEPT panel deadline was in June... How does this effect my ERR request? Can I still submit this?
Submit at any time, but there isn’t a scheduled NCEPT yet for the remainder of this year. ERR’s stay active for 15 months.

I'm guessing that was a typo, but you'll likely have more luck with this by contacting ZMA rather than ZME.

Fortunately, you're here, and this site is hands down the best resource for navigating the ERR/NCEPT process. I'd anticipate you having plenty of time to get a handle on the ins and outs.

I'm guessing that was a typo, but you'll likely have more luck with this by contacting ZMA rather than ZME.

Fortunately, you're here, and this site is hands down the best resource for navigating the ERR/NCEPT process. I'd anticipate you having plenty of time to get a handle on the ins and outs.
Yea I am a controller at ZME and I am trying to transfer to ZMA. I don’t understand why this is so difficult and cannot get any information from Human Resource. It’s sad that I have to use a website like this to get the info. So what is a NCEPT panel and why is that important for me transferring?

Yea I am a controller at ZME and I am trying to transfer to ZMA. I don’t understand why this is so difficult and cannot get any information from Human Resource. It’s sad that I have to use a website like this to get the info. So what is a NCEPT panel and why is that important for me transferring?
NCEPT is the transfer process. They make all the selections at the panel. You need to do more research. Does your facility have the staffing to release? Is Miami eligible to select anyone?

You have a lot to learn and get up-to-date on when it comes to NCEPT. There are plenty of threads here related to the transfer process (or lack thereof).

In reality he doesn’t need to know all that. Just ERR. Call FacRep and atm and express interest. Visit the facility if the country ever opens up (make sure it won’t piss off anyone there ? ). And wait.

Knowing NCEPT doesn’t really help you get anywhere lol. Especially if you are only trying to get to one facility and won’t be playing priority/vacancy lotto.

In reality he doesn’t need to know all that. Just ERR. Call FacRep and atm and express interest. Visit the facility if the country ever opens up (make sure it won’t piss off anyone there ? ). And wait.

Knowing NCEPT doesn’t really help you get anywhere lol. Especially if you are only trying to get to one facility and won’t be playing priority/vacancy lotto.
Idk, we have a guy that's been trying to get into SLC for years, and he gets possy every panel because he doesn't know why they aren't picking him up.

Helps to know the process so you can have a realistic concept of where you can go, or even if you can go.

Idk, we have a guy that's been trying to get into SLC for years, and he gets possy every panel because he doesn't know why they aren't picking him up.

Helps to know the process so you can have a realistic concept of where you can go, or even if you can go.
He could at least look at the ranking list last panel to see where he got ranked

While true I always wanted to know everything I could about NCEPT. But it won’t help him get to the one facility he wants. Talking to the FacRep and ATM might help him understand (if they don’t lie through their teeth like I’ve found).
Now if he wants out and willing to take any of 5-10 other facilities it helps to know the game. I’m talking about “I need to get back home to SLC but I will only go to the tower” people.

I'm not sure what yours or ZMAs numbers look like but a swap might be an option if the numbers are good, it's probably a long shot though. Article 42 section 8 on the slate book.

I actually put in a hardship but it was denied. My father has stage 4 Cancer and they denied me because my mother still lives with him. I was told by NATCA and management that article 99 section 2 only applies to a sick person who is living by themselves with no support. I had a letter from my fathers doctor stating that I will be the primary caretaker but since my mother lives with him and I have brothers who live near Miami, they agreed to deny because my father has enough support near by. I think that is bullshit, Article 99 only says to be the primary caretaker and I had a letter stating that was going to be my role. Now I am trying to transfer via ERR and ZME has very low staffing so I won’t probably get out for another couple years. Anybody has any insight on Article 99 and if I had a legitimate hardship request?

I actually put in a hardship but it was denied. My father has stage 4 Cancer and they denied me because my mother still lives with him. I was told by NATCA and management that article 99 section 2 only applies to a sick person who is living by themselves with no support. I had a letter from my fathers doctor stating that I will be the primary caretaker but since my mother lives with him and I have brothers who live near Miami, they agreed to deny because my father has enough support near by. I think that is bullshit, Article 99 only says to be the primary caretaker and I had a letter stating that was going to be my role. Now I am trying to transfer via ERR and ZME has very low staffing so I won’t probably get out for another couple years. Anybody has any insight on Article 99 and if I had a legitimate hardship request?
Alot of hardships like yours have been denied in the past few years. I saw one case where a hardship was denied because the controllers parent was receiving disability that would've allowed him to have at home care. If you think you have a legit case elevate it to your regional NATCA hardship rep.

There’s no rhyme or reason to approving them. I saw one just like yours get approved last year. They initially said no but the person threatened to resign and it ended up getting approved. Idk if resigning is what did it but yeah.

This poor mf...

Back
Top Bottom