Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Got a class date to report to okc 9/20
does your grad date go into next year? and are you en route or terminal

October is a new fiscal year and I'm not sure the budget has been approved
yeah thats what my hr rep said to me too, she said expect to hear something in august/septmeber, but i know someone that got a 9/12 start date and a 1/10 grad date so that goes into the next fiscal year

So the FY 2023 budget just needs to be approved by the senate but they recess for the month of august, so hopefully late September we’ll start getting more class dates if everything goes smoothly. Fingers crossed there’s not a shut down I know that messed up people’s timelines majorly last time it happened.

Checked in on my medical clearance and the response from JR said that my file has been referred to the flight surgeon for review. I do have a medical concern, but the AME said not to worry too much about it. Is referral to the flight surgeon a normal part of the process or does it sound like I'm getting Tier 2'd?

The last thing I did was the drug test on 04/01 and I got my start date last week
Dang dude. Congratulations on getting your dates! I completed my last step, the drug test, 4/4. I am still waiting to hear from medical.
When were you notified of medical clearance?

Dang dude. Congratulations on getting your dates! I completed my last step, the drug test, 4/4. I am still waiting to hear from medical.
When were you notified of medical clearance?
Thanks man it was a long 4 months lol. Medical had reached out the week after my drug test because they needed a statement from the ophthalmologist that did my Lasik a few years back and I also needed to clarify what allergies I had since I disclosed that. I reached out on 4/26 for an update and on 4/27 my POC told me I had cleared medical the week before. So what really was holding me up was my security clearance.

Got a email today of basics 9/19 and projected in class start date of 11/01 for en route. Weird because my current employer hasn't even sent back the background security paperwork they mailed them.

Got a email today of basics 9/19 and projected in class start date of 11/01 for en route. Weird because my current employer hasn't even sent back the background security paperwork they mailed them.
Well thats bizarre, but congrats!! I haven't heard anything from my security yet but I had to yell at my boss because I found 2 background check letters like 3 weeks ago and I found them sitting in his mailbox still the other day. I made him fill the one out with his name and send it in right away but the other one had to go to my company's HR department. And my company is very small. They better not screw this up!

Well thats bizarre, but congrats!! I haven't heard anything from my security yet but I had to yell at my boss because I found 2 background check letters like 3 weeks ago and I found them sitting in his mailbox still the other day. I made him fill the one out with his name and send it in right away but the other one had to go to my company's HR department. And my company is very small. They better not screw this up!
Exactly. At 12 today I told them to fill it out and mail it back and at 240pm I got an email about the dates. Definitely a nice surprise. Just glad I didn't get tier 2'd. And for anyone curious I completed all my CIL info the week of July 20th.

Exactly. At 12 today I told them to fill it out and mail it back and at 240pm I got an email about the dates. Definitely a nice surprise. Just glad I didn't get tier 2'd. And for anyone curious I completed all my CIL info the week of July 20th.
Cool! Last thing I did was drug test on 7/25. Had my physical 7/20. All the security stuff the last week of June, and MMPI on 6/14. And I haven't heard anything from anybody, except for the 2 background check letters to my current employer, and one to my girlfriend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom