Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Has anyone that's had to get cleared through the federal air surgeon in DC gotten cleared yet? My file has been there for 2 months now. Just curious if it's as slow as getting a pilot medical, which was 6 months for me.

Well I hope you guys hear something soon. I'm barely a month in post-CIL completion and the anxiety is already killing me! You can't even count down the days because you don't know where the countdown starts/ends. I just mainly want to get the heck out of my current job. That's the worst part of it.

Ps, if anyone's curious, my region is the Northeast.
Yea that is the worst part of it trying not to put all your eggs in one basket and just slack off at work because you have no idea how long you have. I've been trying to decide on giving my current employer a 2 week notice a 1 week notice or a today notice.

Has anyone that's had to get cleared through the federal air surgeon in DC gotten cleared yet? My file has been there for 2 months now. Just curious if it's as slow as getting a pilot medical, which was 6 months for me.
Big yikes to hear this, I also will have to clear the DC flight surgeon. Sounds like I'll still be waiting for a minute after I clear security and all that.

Big yikes to hear this, I also will have to clear the DC flight surgeon. Sounds like I'll still be waiting for a minute after I clear security and all that.
I'm hoping the clearance for this doesn't take as long as pilot. But as others have said, they have a lot on their plate and we might not be their top priority.

Have you started the CIL/medical process yet?

Wait what's the difference with getting a pilot medical? Thought it was just getting a class 2 medical other than taking the MMPI.
The ATC medical clearance is technically it’s own thing. It’s equivalent to a class 2 though and if you fly, you can fill out some form to receive a class 2 at the same time you receive your ATC clearance.

The ATC medical clearance is technically it’s own thing. It’s equivalent to a class 2 though and if you fly, you can fill out some form to receive a class 2 at the same time you receive your ATC clearance.
Ah so even if i already hold a class 2 medical i still need to go get another medical (ATC medical) it's just pretty much a class 2?

Ah so even if i already hold a class 2 medical i still need to go get another medical (ATC medical) it's just pretty much a class 2?
I think it's pretty silly to have to do it all over again. I have a class 1 but I need to go through the whole thing again. Luckily I knew what they wanted this time around so it should save a little time with back and forth instructions.

Back
Top Bottom