Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Does anyone in here already have a clearance (like, before you filled out eqip)? I just completed all my CIL stuff and am hoping it gets pushed through quick since I already have a clearance and class 1 medical

Does anyone in here already have a clearance (like, before you filled out eqip)? I just completed all my CIL stuff and am hoping it gets pushed through quick since I already have a clearance and class 1 medical
I'm a current federal employee. I already hold a clearance, so I was rushed through that in a day. I'm still waiting on medical, my appointment is coming up on 6 September 2022. VA disability might slow me down more if they don't like what I submitted. Either way, I can't be in a rush anyways.. just hang on and keep stacking cash! Taking this job would be a big pay cut for me initially.

I'm a current federal employee. I already hold a clearance, so I was rushed through that in a day. I'm still waiting on medical, my appointment is coming up on 6 September 2022. VA disability might slow me down more if they don't like what I submitted. Either way, I can't be in a rush anyways.. just hang on and keep stacking cash! Taking this job would be a big pay cut for me initially.
Speaking of that, I really hope they adjusted our academy pay for us to be a little higher like they're doing for the 2022 bid to offset all the inflation. Once we graduate and get to our facilities it shouldn't be too bad but those couple of months of making practically minimum wage are gonna be tough.

Last edited:
Speaking of that, I really hope they adjusted our academy pay for us to be a little higher like they're doing for the 2022 bid to offset all the inflation. Once we graduate and get to our facilities it shouldn't be too bad but those couple of months of making practically minimum wage are gonna be tough.
Spoiler alert: your take home is kinda more with academy pay + tax free per diem + paid lodging than your take home AG pay. Only thing you'll miss out on is TSP matching AG.

Best I could say is keep an eye on the news, I plan on checking in once I'm at least a couple weeks deep on the wait.
Ok, good plan. I haven't heard anything on my medical yet and the one email I got for medxpress said to allow at least 45 days from the date of my medical appointment before checking in for updates, which would be just after Labor Day. So the same time the Senate would return from recess anyway.

14 weeks and counting since submitting medical (still pending) and finding out security has cleared. How do y’all keep up morale during the wait?

Back
Top Bottom