Hardships

Im all for people getting to where they want to go but it's automatically a "high risk pregnancy" if your wife is 35 or older and every hospital handles this. Sounds like a really weak case. Will be funny as hell though if it gets approved and everyone starts having kids to hardship.
I mean worst case, you still get 90 days of PPL. Sounds like a win/win!

Still different though, there’s no set timetable for either of those, but there definitely is with a pregnancy. It also seems the agency has been cracking down on perceived hardship scams as of recently.
Well, every medical treatment is ultimately elective. They can’t force you to take FMLA. These are legit reasons in my book and fuck the faa for denying people their contractual rights

Seriously doubt a permanent hardship transfer for a pregnancy that will only last 9 months will be approved. They’ll simply drag the process out until the baby’s born. Or tell you to take FMLA.
Seen it happen. The wife was on bed rest for a pregnancy and it was immediately approved.

Anyone have thoughts on if this qualifies for a hardship transfer? We just found out that my wife has a very high risk pregnancy, and no family where we currently live to support us, so we’re looking to move closer to family. Any advice on how to word the hardship request to make it Bona fide? Our doctor will supply us with a note as well, just need help with the wording.
With a well worded doctor's note it'll absolutely get approved. I have a good friend that had this done.

Hardships not only screw The losing facility and the controllers, in this case this also doesn’t help the gaining facility very soon because you’re about to take your well deserved 12 weeks ppl. Takes a spot away from the losing facility, doesnt immediatly help the gaining facility and blocks a spot for someone else from some unknown facility during the ncept.

Also what is the likely hood that help in their desired location is available at the times that are needed? Chances are family and what not have jobs and have to keep them due to crippling inflation. Whose to say the help they claim can even help while this hardship person is going to work? Particularly during Mids if they are certified quickly and early mornings or late nights or last minute. Their leave also probably isn’t nearly as generous as ours.

The FAA should say, no, you have fmla for this exact reason, a sick family member. Use your leave in any way you see fit, we can’t deny your leave and we will protect your job. You’re welcome.

Hardships not only screw The losing facility and the controllers, in this case this also doesn’t help the gaining facility very soon because you’re about to take your well deserved 12 weeks ppl. Takes a spot away from the losing facility, doesnt immediatly help the gaining facility and blocks a spot for someone else from some unknown facility during the ncept.

Also what is the likely hood that help in their desired location is available at the times that are needed? Chances are family and what not have jobs and have to keep them due to crippling inflation. Whose to say the help they claim can even help while this hardship person is going to work? Particularly during Mids if they are certified quickly and early mornings or late nights or last minute. Their leave also probably isn’t nearly as generous as ours.

The FAA should say, no, you have fmla for this exact reason, a sick family member. Use your leave in any way you see fit, we can’t deny your leave and we will protect your job. You’re welcome.
And you sir, have no heart. If this will make someone happy, let them be happy and be happy for them.

I'm sure the FAA doesn't want to do it, it costs them a lot of cash, that's why it's in the CBA. If the same benefits were given nation wide NATCA would have to reason to put it in the contract. I suggest you bring it up at the next convention to remove from the CBA. overall much like maternity leave, sick leave and paid holidays, as well as all the other benifits you get from federal employment it's part of the package that makes the job worth doing.

That’s the smoothest brain take I’ve ever heard. You believe in giving up contractual rights to the faa? Even the white book had hardships, the regular faa has them too.

I bet you are the kind of FLM that when someone comes back late from break you ask what kind of leave they wish to use to cover their “absence.”

That’s the smoothest brain take I’ve ever heard. You believe in giving up contractual rights to the faa? Even the white book had hardships, the regular faa has them too.
I don’t want to take away the right. Some hardships are legitimate. But getting one because your wife needs her mommy and you did a poor job explaining to her you might be stuck at Moses lake for a few years. It shouldnt be allowed while screwing others in the process.

I don’t want to take away the right. Some hardships are legitimate. But getting one because your wife needs her mommy and you did a poor job explaining to her you might be stuck at Moses lake for a few years. It shouldnt be allowed while screwing others in the process.
If there’s an actual mental health issue there, it’s legit. If the faa can’t staff mwh, one of the biggest black holes, that’s on them after 7 years of ncept. People come first, this is still just a job.

Does anyone know if using prenatal FMLA affects the amount of PPL post pregnancy? For instance, someone wants to use annual/lwop with FMLA a month before baby is born, controller doesn’t want to work a stressful job while 9 mth pregnant. Would they still be entitled to 12 weeks of PPL after the baby is born? I’m hearing rumors that your PPL is affected if you do this, and that sounds like a raw deal. Anyone encountered this?

Does anyone know if using prenatal FMLA affects the amount of PPL post pregnancy? For instance, someone wants to use annual/lwop with FMLA a month before baby is born, controller doesn’t want to work a stressful job while 9 mth pregnant. Would they still be entitled to 12 weeks of PPL after the baby is born? I’m hearing rumors that your PPL is affected if you do this, and that sounds like a raw deal. Anyone encountered this?
No they are separate. If your wife has a medical condition during pregnancy that needs attention. That’s fmla and you have 480 hours to use during 12 months of the first instance. Once baby is born you still get the 12 weeks, 480 hours.

Believe it or not controllers can be female and have the baby themselves.

LOL- thanks for that. Another question for the group here. The contract specifically states that we are afforded 6mth of continuous uninterrupted leave for prenatal/infant care at our request.

Am I interpreting this correctly that you could start your leave 1mth prior to the due date to prepare for incoming child (prenatal, Dr. Appts, etc) and then the remaining 5 mth for infant care after? The total time would still be 6mth.

Anyone have any insight on this? Obviously not much information going around about this.

LOL- thanks for that. Another question for the group here. The contract specifically states that we are afforded 6mth of continuous uninterrupted leave for prenatal/infant care at our request.

Am I interpreting this correctly that you could start your leave 1mth prior to the due date to prepare for incoming child (prenatal, Dr. Appts, etc) and then the remaining 5 mth for infant care after? The total time would still be 6mth.

Anyone have any insight on this? Obviously not much information going around about this.
Yes. You can do this. Several ladies in my area have done it. You could also just come in once a week to not lose currency. Talk to your rep though.

Precedent has been set - you can get a hardship over 3 levels! Who cares about the contract....
let me game plan this for you. Controller A certified at facility, say a level 9. Facility got downgraded to an 8. Controller A is still a level 9 CPC on their SF50, so files a hardship and gets a level 12. Idiots look at it and scream bUt tHeY CaMe fRoM A LeVeL 8, wHaT AbOuT MuH CoNtRaCt

Back
Top Bottom