Hardships

Lvl8twr

DFW is easy, I’ve heard DEN is as well.

If you get scheduled overtime, just bang. 12 pay compounds from the day you certify, and you may never have that chance again. It wouldn't hurt to put a statement in your packet expressing your facility desires. Don’t know if anyone would care, but it can’t hurt.
Tell that to all the people who thought the same and washed out of DFW.

Here4thedrama

Since NCEPT is not happening for the 4th quarter, and facilities aren't moving people out (or IN potentially/presumably with training backlog).... what if the facility you want/need to hardship to is over 100% because they can't let people go now?
I say want/need because there are 4 facilities in the area that would work but one is a level 12 radar and the rest are low level towers that are full/100%+. The only one that is below 100% is the 12 radar and would prefer to work tower. The towers would normally be a revolving door and right on the cusp of 100%, consistently losing/gaining, but now everything is stopped.

And I had always heard 120%, though 100% makes sense too, where is this written? Something we peons don't have access to?
It may be some rule..it gets passed around a lot, but like everything in the FAA there’s always gray areas. I’ve seen several people in the last 2 years get hardships approved and the receiving facility was over 100%. It’s all about who you know and who’s fighting for you really. If you want a location(s) you can fight for with the right NATCA members and/or managers behind you. If they think your hardship is BS it may be harder..but honestly I even saw some pretty questionable ones that really didn’t fit in the “3 reasons” even get approved to facilities over 100%.

JNev

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
BWI Baltimore Tower
If you get a hardship approved to care for a family member and then between the time it’s approved and the time you actually transfer that person dies, do you still get to transfer?

Bravo Delta

If you get a hardship approved to care for a family member and then between the time it’s approved and the time you actually transfer that person dies, do you still get to transfer?
Yes, if it is already approved, they don't follow up in the process to check if they are still alive.

Bravo Delta

Also, you can cancel your hardship until you report. If you didn't want to move.

Top Bottom