Hardships

Or maybe you could suggest actionable changes to NATCA, become a part of the legislative team and help negotiate it yourself....oh wait, now you're just stuck complaining in the echo chamber that goes nowhere. But screaming at a wall seems worth $2200.
You obviously are chugging the koolaid. Everyone else knows that those suggestions make it nowhere. You can make your local great, which mine is pretty damn good, but beyond that it’s the same shit different day. Nothing ever changes and they don’t care about anything below them. I’m done trying to change NATCA from the inside, so now I’ll just keep encouraging people to get out until there’s a enough financial encouragement for national to make some change. Money is the only thing they care about

Or maybe you could suggest actionable changes to NATCA, become a part of the legislative team and help negotiate it yourself....oh wait, now you're just stuck complaining in the echo chamber that goes nowhere. But screaming at a wall seems worth $2200.
Paying dues is for this exact reason. The road to change is long and life happens. Legislative teams have become "good Ole boys" NATCA fought against back then. I grew up in a PATCO then NATCA family with both parents ATC and it is not the same union today that it was in the 80s/90s in my opinion.

Last edited:
You obviously are chugging the koolaid. Everyone else knows that those suggestions make it nowhere. You can make your local great, which mine is pretty damn good, but beyond that it’s the same shit different day. Nothing ever changes and they don’t care about anything below them. I’m done trying to change NATCA from the inside, so now I’ll just keep encouraging people to get out until there’s a enough financial encouragement for national to make some change. Money is the only thing they care about
Money is not what NATCA cares about and your piece of shit atm would be much worse without the union

While that 1.6% is better than 0, it’s a joke. After all the push to vote blue in 2020, maybe they could’ve at least tried negotiate more with this administration. I’m not opposed to getting back in if changes are made, but the way money is currently spent on ridiculous shit is too much. If I could just pay local dues, I’d happily do so.

Maybe they shouldn’t be taking 1.4 of the 1.6 they “got for you”

Sure 1.6 isn’t much and it should be more but it’s still accounts for 50k increased base pay over a 20 year career that is a result of the union.

Also as a side note if you’re actually being held up from your hardship move due to not being a member that’s garbage. That’d be the icing on the cake for why you left.

The 1.6% in a time where the airlines and other divisions of transportation are getting 15%+ lol,lol,lol? Go wipe your ass with it Danial Witt.

Can’t really say I know who Danial Witt is but I’d love a 15% raise.

Sure 1.6 isn’t much and it should be more but it’s still accounts for 50k increased base pay over a 20 year career that is a result of the union.

Also as a side note if you’re actually being held up from your hardship move due to not being a member that’s garbage. That’d be the icing on the cake for why you left.

Can’t really say I know who Danial Witt is but I’d love a 15% raise.
It doesn’t sound like he’s being held up by not being a member. He’s just not getting all the support he possibly could because he’s not a member. Which is fine and what he wanted when he left.

That sounds like illegal discrimination. You know that right? It’s important you know that.
Lol people love to talk about the natca koolaid but I want to get on whatever you’re drinking. “The bad man won’t help me because I didn’t pay for his services” I’ve gotta run some errands today maybe I’ll try to take a few things for free. Because if they don’t give them to me that’s illegal discrimination.

Lol people love to talk about the natca koolaid but I want to get on whatever you’re drinking. “The bad man won’t help me because I didn’t pay for his services” I’ve gotta run some errands today maybe I’ll try to take a few things for free. Because if they don’t give them to me that’s illegal discrimination.
They are required to represent members and non members equally. If they admit to half-assing it because of membership status, that’s not equal representation. This has been hashed out in numerous court cases. The only reason natca is allowed to exist as the sole representative of the workforce is because they agreed to represent members and non-members equally.

They are required to represent members and non members equally. If they admit to half-assing it because of membership status, that’s not equal representation. This has been hashed out in numerous court cases. The only reason natca is allowed to exist as the sole representative of the workforce is because they agreed to represent members and non-members equally.
Right so the hardship got approved per the contract. The non member benefited from a bargained article. That’s great. End of story. It’s also no discrimination when no one from the local helps you move. Like the timeline isn’t explicitly stated in the article so I guess they did represent the non member to the max extent required.

lol

Ok will do and thanks for the advice!
Did you ever settle this and obtain an approval? Asking for a "friend"...

Applied for hardship due to my wife having bad depression and is overly stressed. We are across the country from family and friends, moved during COVID and she is a stay at home mom with very little support. We have 4 little kids. Her father is in end of stage kidney disease (kidney failure). We provided documentation from her doctor, the kids' doctor and her therapist. As well as my FILs doctor. The only thing I got back is she hasn't been depressed long enough? What the hell kind of documentation do they want? Anyone know how long you have to be depressed for it to be "long enough"?
My wife deals with a crap ton of comorbid mental illnesses. I'm still going through resubmission v.3 with local on supplying "correct documentation" and answering their questions. Apparently, my ATM has found treatment for my wife but won't share what facilities his [non-medical] diagnosis has found. Irritating.

I was curious what experience people have had on the regional level of the hardship pipeline. If your hardship gets approved at you own regional level and then gets sent to the regional level of your requested facility, do they usually agree with the previous region on the hardship or have there been disagreements between regions? Just curious to see if some regions are more strict then others in their criteria or if they’re mostly in agreement once it’s already been reviewed closely by a different region.

I was curious what experience people have had on the regional level of the hardship pipeline. If your hardship gets approved at you own regional level and then gets sent to the regional level of your requested facility, do they usually agree with the previous region on the hardship or have there been disagreements between regions? Just curious to see if some regions are more strict then others in their criteria or if they’re mostly in agreement once it’s already been reviewed closely by a different region.
My experience was good overall. The new region I went to agreed as well as the ATM of the new facility. Thankfully there were available slots at the facility I was asking to go to so it worked out in the end. Only advice I have about hardships is that you can never have enough documentation, especially when it comes to something like medical. Best of luck!

As far as I know, the receiving facility doesn't agree or disagree with the releasing facility. All they work out is placement. Could be wrong though.

My experience was good overall. The new region I went to agreed as well as the ATM of the new facility. Thankfully there were available slots at the facility I was asking to go to so it worked out in the end. Only advice I have about hardships is that you can never have enough documentation, especially when it comes to something like medical. Best of luck!
What region did you transfer from and transfer to?

More of a random question here for my own peace of mind. But I was told by my local natca rep that my ATM and the regional hardship guy for NATCA both said my hardship didn’t have enough proof/paperwork and it would be denied. However when reaching out to the regional NATCA rep he had no clue who I was or what my situation was, he was never shown my hardship packet. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. My hardship had been in my local office for a month when I found out the regional rep never even saw it.

More of a random question here for my own peace of mind. But I was told by my local natca rep that my ATM and the regional hardship guy for NATCA both said my hardship didn’t have enough proof/paperwork and it would be denied. However when reaching out to the regional NATCA rep he had no clue who I was or what my situation was, he was never shown my hardship packet. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. My hardship had been in my local office for a month when I found out the regional rep never even saw it.
Was it even submitted then? Why haven't you spoken with your hardship rep directly?

Back
Top Bottom