Is there a rule where you have to pay back the Union (for CFS) if you leave?

Solution
SRF-18 Repayment of NATCA Training/Meeting/Function Costs

That's the part in the constitution that covers it. It's a standing rule. I have no idea how hard it is enforced either.
I think it is if you become a sup but not if you drop out. If you become a sup you are supposed to pay back all travel or investment the union made in you 12 months prior but I’m not sure how hard they enforce it.
Looks like you're correct.

"Repayment of NATCA Training/ Meeting/Function Costs

Any NATCA member who accepts or voluntarily commences a temporary or permanent non-bargaining unit position with the Federal Aviation Administration (i.e., an FAA supervisory or managerial position) within twelve (12) months of attending any NATCA-sponsored national or regional training session, meeting, or other function for which the costs of the member’s attendance were paid and/or reimbursed by NATCA shall repay the full amount, as determined by NATCA, of all travel and other expenditures directly attributable to that member’s attendance at the NATCA-sponsored event. "

If it was enforced, idk what else could be done if I just refuse to pay???
It explains it all in the rule. They send notice that you have to repay. After 60 days, it’s turned over to the NATCA general counsel for legal action.

NATCA is to busy collaborating with the FAA to waste time and energy trying to track down +or- $1000🤣
They have office staff for a reason

You probably signed the voucher that identifies your responsibility to pay back the reimbursement if you take a supe job. All our vouchers spell it out, and as treasurer, I make sure people who aren’t on the eboard are familiar with it before they cash the check.

Back
Top Bottom