Justin Dailey for NATCA President

I dunno bro. It would be easier to wipe my home sick tears with some fat stacks.
True, it would just depend how fat those stacks would need to be between one person to another. I’m looking at moving up 3 levels to land my dream facility and I’d take present pay and a 1 year release to go there. That’s me tho, I get what you’re saying!

If nothing else he might get the other 2 clowns actually answering questions for once
That would be nice, a little Q&A during a NATCA election for once. Hell, I’d pay good money to watch a live stream debate! Lmao

I wouldn’t say you’re wrong at all, but at this point I don’t think so many of us care about a substantial raise as much as getting somewhere geographically we want to be.
In my hometown there are two facilities. One is a 6 and the other a 12. I would take a different job before going to the 6 and having to live in the ghetto or having to work a second job. So money does play a role, but im sure many wouldnt mind a slight pay cut to get home. For me that number is about 20k.

Not disagreeing, just playing devil's advocate...
If someone works their career at a level 5, then to pump up their high three they bid to a 12 after they are ~52 years old - should they go to the top of the 12 band? Just the same as someone who spent their career at a 12?
Definitely. The person who spent their entire career at that 12 already got rewarded with probably 500,000-1,000,000 more in career earning then the 52 year old who just transferred in. But the 52 year old has given a 22+ year career to the Agency, they shouldn't be at the bottom of the band.

In the airlines, if you choose to spend your entire career as a 737 FO, and your friend from your newhire class upgrades to 777 Captain the day he has enough seniority to hold it, and not until 20 years later, when you are staring down retirement you decide you want to do it because you've never been a captain and never flown Long Haul, so you upgrade it....you both will make the same pay.

How can we help get JD’s name out? He is ultra famous here and everyone paying attention to the election knows him, but none of the ignorant just happy to be there simps at my facility know his name. If JD starts to campaign with the YouTube and social media and direct emails I think he wins on the first ballot, no run off.

You think everyone’s thoughts align with yours?

This IS a forum btw, you can elaborate.
If you don't care about pay and simply want to be somewhere else... Why not get some other job in the federal government other than ATC... Save pay (current pay isn't an issue as you said... and you would keep your current pay) and be where you want to be with better working conditions and schedule...

I wouldn’t say you’re wrong at all, but at this point I don’t think so many of us care about a substantial raise as much as getting somewhere geographically we want to be.
If I got a substantial pay raise, I'd for sure take all of my err paperwork out of the system & stay at my current facility. I consider myself lucky that I enjoy the area & facility I'm in. But with ridiculous housing prices, my level 7 pay is not keeping up. The only reason I want to go somewhere else is to work busier traffic & make more money. However, I'd take no mando OT over everything else any time of the day. 2 day weekend is *chefs kiss*

If you don't care about pay and simply want to be somewhere else... Why not get some other job in the federal government other than ATC... Save pay (current pay isn't an issue as you said... and you would keep your current pay) and be where you want to be with better working conditions and schedule...
Because I don’t want to do anything else besides ATC. Does everyone in here think that every person within ATC has the same ambitions? For the record I didn’t say wanting to ERR for more pay was wrong.

Because I don’t want to do anything else besides ATC. Does everyone in here think that every person within ATC has the same ambitions? For the record I didn’t say wanting to ERR for more pay was wrong.
No you said...
If your opinion is that people want to get closer to family or just a certain geographical area in general.... That can already be done. Get a fully remote job...Save Pay... work where you want.

The alternative would be as you personally believe "Because I don’t want to do anything else besides ATC." Being closer to family or being at some other geographical area in general isn't as important as doing ATC.

Obviously someone who chooses ATC over family isn't going to care about a pay raise. That implies a "fanboy" for ATC. Some people are just happy to be here and would work for beans and rice for whatever reason and believe me you are the ideal FAA employee.

No you said...

If your opinion is that people want to get closer to family or just a certain geographical area in general.... That can already be done. Get a fully remote job...Save Pay... work where you want.

The alternative would be as you personally believe "Because I don’t want to do anything else besides ATC." Being closer to family or being at some other geographical area in general isn't as important as doing ATC.

Obviously someone who chooses ATC over family isn't going to care about a pay raise. That implies a "fanboy" for ATC. Some people are just happy to be here and would work for beans and rice for whatever reason and believe me you are the ideal FAA employee.
Wow, without meeting you in person, I can tell you’re one of those fudds who love to take peoples’ exact words and blow them wildly out of context.

Since I have to spell it all out for you, FOR EMLOYMENT I don’t want to do anything else but ATC. That doesn’t mean it defines my entire life otherwise. I never said I wanted to prioritize it over my family, you can go fuck yourself for trying to put those words in my mouth. And honestly, who’s to say there aren’t controllers that had a shitty life growing up and aren’t close with any family… you think everyone’s life is just like yours?

With that out of the way, I merely said I would take the same pay and a year release date to get back home and be at my dream facility, and that I THOUGHT that with the current staffing situation and ERR likelihood, most would like to move to a facility that suits them better geographically before moving to a facility for a pay raise, which is partially correct. Granted, that’s not everyone’s opinion on the matter and that’s fine. But the conclusion you just drew from what I said was precipitous at best…

Last edited:
How can we help get JD’s name out? He is ultra famous here and everyone paying attention to the election knows him, but none of the ignorant just happy to be there simps at my facility know his name. If JD starts to campaign with the YouTube and social media and direct emails I think he wins on the first ballot, no run off.
I’ve been preaching to everyone I run into and texting old coworkers to get JD’s name out there. Beyond that I’m not sure what is legal for the election. Can I put up flyers? Can I sneak something out in my facility list serve? No clue lol.

If I was able to get to the level 8 cap I never would have left for more money. The 6% raise to live to the nearby Tracon didn’t make sense when I could go to an 11 and get 33k instead. They could definitely make people more content to stay with more money, but they don’t have he incentive to do so. If they limit movement it’s in effect the same thing.

Wow, without meeting you in person, I can tell you’re one of those fudds who love to take peoples’ exact words and blow them wildly out of context.

Since I have to spell it all out for you, FOR EMLOYMENT I don’t want to do anything else but ATC. I never said I wanted to prioritize it over my family, you can go fuck yourself for trying to put those words in my mouth. And honestly, who’s to say there aren’t controllers that had a shitty life growing up and aren’t close with any family… you think everyone’s life is just like yours?

With that out of the way, I merely said I would take the same pay and a year release date to get back home and be at my dream facility, and that I THOUGHT that with the current staffing situation and ERR likelihood, most would like to move to a facility that suits them better geographically before moving to a facility for a pay raise, which is partially correct. Granted, that’s not everyone’s opinion on the matter and that’s fine. But the conclusion you just drew from what I said was precipitous at best…
Yeah I'm sure your dream facility is a level 4 near family... Just because your geographical facility is in a location where it is possible to live a reasonable life doesn't mean everyone's desired facility is the same. Getting a substantial raise is more important to the membership than moving to a geographical area.

I merely said I would take the same pay and a year release date to get back home and be at my dream facility, and that I THOUGHT that with the current staffing situation and ERR likelihood, most would like to move to a facility that suits them better geographically before moving to a facility for a pay raise, which is partially correct. Granted, that’s not everyone’s opinion on the matter and that’s fine.
Well you can apply for jobs outside the FAA and save pay as you said and be able to release immediately and not wait for NCEPT..... Or do you not want to do that because you love ATC so much?

Yeah I'm sure your dream facility is a level 4 near family... Just because your geographical facility is in a location where it is possible to live a reasonable life doesn't mean everyone's desired facility is the same. Getting a substantial raise is more important to the membership than moving to a geographical area.

Well you can apply for jobs outside the FAA and save pay as you said and be able to release immediately and not wait for NCEPT..... Or do you not want to do that because you love ATC so much?

I do love ATC, and want to stick with it. That’s what I would like to make a full career of and pursue avenues to advance it by going somewhere I want to retire from and have another 3 additional levels of pay to come with it, but I (along with my family) mostly just want to be home. There’s nothing wrong with any of that. I bet you show up to work everyday so miserable you’re doing what you can to sit on IC and gaslight the fuck out of anyone who enjoys their job because all you have to look forward to is collecting a paycheck. I pity you, I really do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom