Justin Dailey for NATCA President

I’m on and off my breaks too. He said he wants a union leader thats transparent. He said there was more to the story(about a vote on our contract talks, or along those lines) , let’s hear it.
You are either:
1.) Intellectually disabled.
2.) A clown-shoed excuse for a troll.

If you're #1: I hope you have people in your life that take good care of you.

If you're #2: Everyone on here can see that jdatc gave you his personal phone number and told you to call him about anything you want to discuss while he is still in the process of putting his campaign together while also working the boards. You're 10-ply, bud: your shit is soft.

Being transparent about having theories is transparent. You don’t want to swing the axe then have it come back to bite you because your hill to die is “Justin said this…” when it was just a theory.

Anyway here are the notes,
I cleaned them up a bit

The NEB Agency has decided not to open the contract presently. Instead, they have proposed an extension until 2029, with a mutual re-opener in 2026, but with a time constraint. Whittaker requires clarity on the union's stance. There's considerable discussion ongoing. The NEB unanimously voted to have government affairs provide an urgent briefing on the election prospects for each candidate. There's a query regarding the course of action if Whittaker sets a firm deadline for the extension, leaving Rich uncertain. Rich advocated for a vote by the NEB on how to proceed in such a scenario. While many NEB members favor an extension under any circumstances, the vote split as follows:

Supporting extension with a hard deadline by Whittaker:
- Aaron
- Dan
- Daniels
- Joel
- Clint
- Alex
- Brad

Opposing the extension:
- Mick Devine
- Andrew Lebovidge
- Brian Shallenberger
- Drew McQueen
This is what I have heard as well. Basically try to protect us in the event Trump is elected, but be allowed to open the contract if Biden wins. I'm not really seeing the downside here. We WILL lose pay and/or benefits and most likely Union representation rights if we open under Trump. I quite frankly don't see us gaining much of anything under Biden, but we won't get rolled up by EOs either.

This is what I have heard as well. Basically try to protect us in the event Trump is elected, but be allowed to open the contract if Biden wins. I'm not really seeing the downside here. We WILL lose pay and/or benefits and most likely Union representation rights if we open under Trump. I quite frankly don't see us gaining much of anything under Biden, but we won't get rolled up by EOs either.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Having the same contract for 13 years, over half of my career is unacceptable especially because the contract now is lackluster.

But is it mutual in that both NATCA/FAA need to agree to open the books in 2026? Or does only 1 party need to open things up?

There’s a big difference there.

So then what? We open the book in 2026 and go into arbitration for fifteen years like ZHU? Meanwhile the contract keeps going until at least 2029.

They need to get rid of the 2 tier tower and center system. Any air traffic controller in the entire nas can wind up working sully 2 and should be paid accordingly. I’m imagine low level towers work more emergencies than anyone.
Been at a lvl 5 up down, 9 tower only, and 12 tower.... by far, not even remotely close the 12 has more emergency aircraft.

Let's not forgot how we got here in the first place. The last extension put us in the position to need this protection. I may have missed it, but I still have not seen the reason they extended the contract into the next presidential term instead of a shorter extension. That is what I cannot understand.

Been at a lvl 5 up down, 9 tower only, and 12 tower.... by far, not even remotely close the 12 has more emergency aircraft.
The more difficult part is probably not having a standalone cic or sup in the operation so you and maybe one other person have to do everything. Strictly speaking from my experience at a tower only. Up/down is probably different.

Let's not forgot how we got here in the first place. The last extension put us in the position to need this protection. I may have missed it, but I still have not seen the reason they extended the contract into the next presidential term instead of a shorter extension. That is what I cannot understand.
They said it was because they feared trump would win again so they were already in talks of extending before he contract was even up. Then Biden got in and we were too embarrassed to go back on that and open negotiations. Supposedly. Pretty pathetic.

This- 12's have emergencies almost daily. You never hear about them because 99% of them land and go to the gate and nothing happens. But with that kind of volume, you're seeing mechanical failures, bird strikes, medical emergencies, unruly passengers, etc several times per week.

Being transparent about having theories is transparent. You don’t want to swing the axe then have it come back to bite you because your hill to die is “Justin said this…” when it was just a theory.

Anyway here are the notes,
I cleaned them up a bit

The NEB Agency has decided not to open the contract presently. Instead, they have proposed an extension until 2029, with a mutual re-opener in 2026, but with a time constraint. Whittaker requires clarity on the union's stance. There's considerable discussion ongoing. The NEB unanimously voted to have government affairs provide an urgent briefing on the election prospects for each candidate. There's a query regarding the course of action if Whittaker sets a firm deadline for the extension, leaving Rich uncertain. Rich advocated for a vote by the NEB on how to proceed in such a scenario. While many NEB members favor an extension under any circumstances, the vote split as follows:

Supporting extension with a hard deadline by Whittaker:
- Aaron
- Dan
- Daniels
- Joel
- Clint
- Alex
- Brad

Opposing the extension:
- Mick Devine
- Andrew Lebovidge
- Brian Shallenberger
- Drew McQueen
Aviation industry Salary Increases in the last few years:
TSA- Up to 30%
Delta Pilots- 34% over 4 years
Southwest Pilots- 29% immediately, 50% over 5 years
United- 40% over 4 years
Alaska- 40% over 4 years
Frontier- 53% over 5 years
Envoy- 50% through August
Air Traffic Controllers- ~6.8% this year, proposed 3.6% next year.
If they vote to extend, we need to vote them out.

Aviation industry Salary Increases in the last few years:
TSA- Up to 30%
Delta Pilots- 34% over 4 years
Southwest Pilots- 29% immediately, 50% over 5 years
United- 40% over 4 years
Alaska- 40% over 4 years
Frontier- 53% over 5 years
Envoy- 50% through August
Air Traffic Controllers- ~6.8% this year, proposed 3.6% next year.
If they vote to extend, we need to vote them out.
Did we ever get firm information about the liedos FSS raise?

This- 12's have emergencies almost daily. You never hear about them because 99% of them land and go to the gate and nothing happens. But with that kind of volume, you're seeing mechanical failures, bird strikes, medical emergencies, unruly passengers, etc several times per week.
Yes, sure the 5 and 9 could be busy or hard. However, the 12 is like that consistently. Thats the difference, just the pure volume that is there every day of the year.

Yes, sure the 5 and 9 could be busy or hard. However, the 12 is like that consistently. Thats the difference, just the pure volume that is there every day of the year.
We need a mindset change about this profession. We are here for safety and safety at every facility is equally as important. I’m not opposed to paying the busiest facilities more but the range of payments should be much narrower. With the lower facilities making a lot more. I think that gives us a much better negotiating foundation to be very vocal about safety from coast to coast in big towns and small. About how a controller in a tiny town is just as highly trained and capable as a controller at ATL.

Im saying this from a framing prospective of our job. We do such a good job saying whose busier or better than our fellow coworkers that it just hurts our case when we go to ask for stuff.

Back
Top Bottom