Justin Dailey for NATCA President

They said it was because they feared trump would win again so they were already in talks of extending before he contract was even up. Then Biden got in and we were too embarrassed to go back on that and open negotiations. Supposedly. Pretty pathetic.
FAA: "Die on your feet or live on your knees."

Most of the NEB: "You heard 'em! On yer knees, boys!"

We need a mindset change about this profession. We are here for safety and safety at every facility is equally as important. I’m not opposed to paying the busiest facilities more but the range of payments should be much narrower. With the lower facilities making a lot more. I think that gives us a much better negotiating foundation to be very vocal about safety from coast to coast in big towns and small. About how a controller in a tiny town is just as highly trained and capable as a controller at ATL.

Im saying this from a framing prospective of our job. We do such a good job saying whose busier or better than our fellow coworkers that it just hurts our case when we go to ask for stuff.

I agree.

I think CPC base across the board should be $100k and approach $200k at a 12.

Get out from under the cap

Aviation industry Salary Increases in the last few years:
TSA- Up to 30%
Delta Pilots- 34% over 4 years
Southwest Pilots- 29% immediately, 50% over 5 years
United- 40% over 4 years
Alaska- 40% over 4 years
Frontier- 53% over 5 years
Envoy- 50% through August
Air Traffic Controllers- ~6.8% this year, proposed 3.6% next year.
If they vote to extend, we need to vote them out.
If they vote to extend, we have to get out (as members). 13 years of 1.6% shatters more then half the career for most people. What if DeSantis is President in 2029?

I feel this…
Do you know if Santa by constitution has the go with the “vote” they allegedly did this week? I know some facilities “vote” on lots of shit, but the Fac Rep can still do whatever they want regardless of the results.

Maybe Santa has tiger sized balls not a kitten sized dick and will ignore the vote and let the contract ride to a make or break 2026 negotiation?

We need a mindset change about this profession. We are here for safety and safety at every facility is equally as important. I’m not opposed to paying the busiest facilities more but the range of payments should be much narrower. With the lower facilities making a lot more. I think that gives us a much better negotiating foundation to be very vocal about safety from coast to coast in big towns and small. About how a controller in a tiny town is just as highly trained and capable as a controller at ATL.

Im saying this from a framing prospective of our job. We do such a good job saying whose busier or better than our fellow coworkers that it just hurts our case when we go to ask for stuff.
Cmon bro. The dude at Lansing isn’t anywhere near the capability of the CPC at ATL.

Do you know if Santa by constitution has the go with the “vote” they allegedly did this week? I know some facilities “vote” on lots of shit, but the Fac Rep can still do whatever they want regardless of the results.

Maybe Santa has tiger sized balls not a kitten sized dick and will ignore the vote and let the contract ride to a make or break 2026 negotiation?
Lol. Sigh

I agree.

New pay scales just dropped 💰💰

Level I (former levels 4-5): $175k
Level II (former lvl 6-8 ): $215k
Level III (former 9-10): $255k
Level IV (former 11-12): $295k

There's no cap to each band, so you can keep stacking your 1.6's onto your high 3 if you get stuck in BPT your whole career.

Let's get on par with our colleagues in Barcelona. Let's make ATC great again.

There's no cap to each band, so you can keep stacking your 1.6's onto your high 3 if you get stuck in BPT your whole career.

Very hopeful. Would be nice.

Basically $1k/airplane/year at some of those places lol

There any credible reports from those Reddit threads

I think the level system is fine. I'd love to see everyone get payed. I've been at a 6 and now an 8. I'd be a little annoyed to see my old 6 making the same money as me with half the traffic and no mids.

I agree.

No way. This is grossly low. You should look at other aviation professional salaries and re-think. Unless you're excluding locality?

A 15+ year CPC at a Level 12 should be grossing $300,000 before OT/Holidays/Premiums. A new CPC at a level 12 should be in the $225-240,000 range.

The absolute lowest should be a level 5 brand new CPC making $125,000 and with assurances they can climb to higher level facilities (or can be at $175,000 by year 15 at that same level 5).

Before you jump all over me, I said "should". Will anyone get us to these pay rates? No. Will controllers continue to bust their asses and not make anyone think they are underpaid for the industry? Likely. But I maintain the above rates are reasonable numbers (not outrageous) for *should*.

Aviation industry Salary Increases in the last few years:
TSA- Up to 30%
Delta Pilots- 34% over 4 years
Southwest Pilots- 29% immediately, 50% over 5 years
United- 40% over 4 years
Alaska- 40% over 4 years
Frontier- 53% over 5 years
Envoy- 50% through August
Air Traffic Controllers- ~6.8% this year, proposed 3.6% next year.
If they vote to extend, we need to vote them out.
I was looking around at pilot pay the other day. Are you guys aware first year captains at Southwest and American are making 330k base pay on narrow body domestic planes? Even second year FOs are making 180k base. Not to mention they all have great flight benefits for themselves and family, 12-15 days off per month, 16% tsp match, profit sharing, etc.

Meanwhile 1st year CPCs at level 12s that are the lower end of the locality range make 150-155k per year base and usually have to work 6 days per week with maybe 6 days off per month if you're lucky. No flight benefits. No profit sharing. They only match 4% tsp to our 5% we put in.

That is quite the disparity in pay, benefits, and quality of life. If you're a young person interested in aviation or a career making money, you'd have to be dumb to choose ATC over being a pilot. Yes there is more initial investment in flying, but it pays for itself in a few years. We are severely underpaid across the board to work way harder than our counterparts while severely understaffed.

Back
Top Bottom