Justin Dailey for NATCA President

New pay scales just dropped 💰💰

Level I (former levels 4-5): $175k
Level II (former lvl 6-8 ): $215k
Level III (former 9-10): $255k
Level IV (former 11-12): $295k

There's no cap to each band, so you can keep stacking your 1.6's onto your high 3 if you get stuck in BPT your whole career.

Let's get on par with our colleagues in Barcelona. Let's make ATC great again.
Unironically this should be our pay or something close to it. Not asking be paid like a 15 year captain at delta but at least get us on par! Like wtf!

Unironically this should be our pay or something close to it. Not asking be paid like a 15 year captain at delta but at least get us on par! Like wtf!
There is your DAL pay scale...

Wow! 12 year Delta pilot is guaranteed 65 hours a month at minimum $256 an hour! that is about 200K a year and they are working roughly how much I work in a week all month!

These people could work 780 hours a year and pull in 200K and I worked 114 hour last pay period for peanuts...

I hear they get crazy pay for holiday flights and such... Airline pilots get paid more then I originally thought.

Do pilots get a pension?
This is about as dumb a take as dumb takes go. Pensions aren't worth an infinite amount. Let's do some math?

You assume a $100,000 pension. 4% is often used as the safe withdrawal rate for taking money out of a nest egg. Want to be more conservative? Use 3.5%, more aggressive, 4.5%? So either way you need a nut somewhere between $2.25million and $2.75million to withdraw that $100,000 per year. How do you get there?

$2500 deposited monthly, for 25 years, at 7% annual interest gets you to $2.5million. (that's $36,000 per year in deposits)
up the interest to 9%? you're at $3.3million

shorten the investment time to 15 years? $5,000 per month at 7% gets you to $2.6million, at 9% it gets you to $3.3million (or reduce you're deposit amount to $4000 per month to still get to $2.6million)

Oh and you ask how do you pay for that? Well, not only is your salary significantly increased, most of the airlines have a Defined Contribution Plan, which is a 401k matching usually in the 16-17% range. Do the math on 16% of $2-300,000 salary and there's your contribution needed to get a nut that will more then cover for what your pension provides. Oh, and if you die? Yeah your estate still has that $2.5million sitting there.

Pensions suck, and only exist for those fiscally irresponsible, or who are bad at math.

This is about as dumb a take as dumb takes go. Pensions aren't worth an infinite amount. Let's do some math?

You assume a $100,000 pension. 4% is often used as the safe withdrawal rate for taking money out of a nest egg. Want to be more conservative? Use 3.5%, more aggressive, 4.5%? So either way you need a nut somewhere between $2.25million and $2.75million to withdraw that $100,000 per year. How do you get there?

$2500 deposited monthly, for 25 years, at 7% annual interest gets you to $2.5million. (that's $36,000 per year in deposits)

shorten the investment time to 15 years? $5,000 per month at 7% gets you to $2.6million, at 9% it gets you to $3.3million (or reduce you're deposit amount to $4000 per month to still get to $2.6million)

Oh and you ask how do you pay for that? Well, not only is your salary significantly increased, most of the airlines have a Defined Contribution Plan, which is a 401k matching usually in the 16-17% range. Do the math on 16% of $2-300,000 salary and there's your contribution needed to get a nut that will more then cover for what your pension provides. Oh, and if you die? Yeah your estate still has that $2.5million sitting there.

Pensions suck, and only exist for those fiscally irresponsible, or who are bad at math.
For all that money you’re putting away for my pension I only pay $183 per month. I should hit 100k pension by the time I retire. Now if I could get the $5,500 per month that the FAA pays into my pension and invest it myself I’d much prefer that lol.

Last edited:

Thank you for writing an essay. A simple no would have sufficed.

That pay scale is old. Here's an updated one. Their first year captains on narrow bodies are also making 330k base.

I think the level system is fine. I'd love to see everyone get payed. I've been at a 6 and now an 8. I'd be a little annoyed to see my old 6 making the same money as me with half the traffic and no mids.
The idea is it keeps the low levels staffed. People are less likely to bid out of the 6, thus improving staffing everywhere.

We all just ignoring this? What else was said?
He said he asked to reopen the slate book now and the faa basically said no but they will do an extension to 2029 with the 2026 thing. That is basically where it stands now.

He said he isn’t allowed to vote and the RVPs thought it would be improper for him to say on the minutes how he would have voted.

It was actually a pretty strong town hall imo.

He said he asked to reopen the slate book now and the faa basically said no but they will do an extension to 2029 with the 2026 thing. That is basically where it stands now.

He said he isn’t allowed to vote and the RVPs thought it would be improper for him to say on the minutes how he would have voted.

It was actually a pretty strong town hall imo.
Happen to have a link to the town hall?

How does extending the contract with the option to negotiate in 2026 benefit us? Anything negotiated wouldn’t take effect until 2030 or why extend it now if it’ll potentially change prior to 2029?

Happen to have a link to the town hall?

How does extending the contract with the option to negotiate in 2026 benefit us? Anything negotiated wouldn’t take effect until 2030 or why extend it now if it’ll potentially change prior to 2029?
It doesn’t. But you can’t blame the FAA for offering it. But Natca RVPs just want to take the first offer. These guys would go into a car dealership and get the first offer and go ok deal sounds great where do I sign?!

It doesn’t. But you can’t blame the FAA for offering it. But Natca RVPs just want to take the first offer. These guys would go into a car dealership and get the first offer and go ok deal sounds great where do I sign?!
Sounds like a perfect time to retire the current NEB. I haven’t been in the agency terribly long and NATCA hasn’t proven why I should keep giving them money. Seems like I should have left in January.

Back
Top Bottom