Justin Dailey for NATCA President

There’s a piece to this that I don’t think a lot of people have given much thought to. We all know the staffing situation as it currently stands that was caused primarily from the post-PATCO retirements, and then exasperated by poor hiring and COVID training pauses. To this day, the agency is barely staffed well enough just to maintain normal operations with traffic continuing to increase. There’s a new element in play now: mass resignations. Before COVID, it was rare for trainees to quit after getting to their facilities. It was almost unheard of for a CPC to resign. But now we’re seeing it happen more and more often across the NAS. People are waking up to the fact that 6 day work weeks, no ability to transfer, toxic work environments, and what is quickly becoming mediocre pay are not worth sticking it out with the “best job in the world.” Not saying the contract is a magic wand to fix everything, but a lot of the concerns can be addressed, particularly pay.

If the contract gets extended AGAIN and people are stuck with 1.6% raises for 13 years, I would only expect the resignation waves to turn into tsunamis. Then the question becomes, how much longer until the system can no longer support itself? The implications here are much bigger than a few people just being disgruntled.

There’s a piece to this that I don’t think a lot of people have given much thought to. We all know the staffing situation as it currently stands that was caused primarily from the post-PATCO retirements, and then exasperated by poor hiring and COVID training pauses. To this day, the agency is barely staffed well enough just to maintain normal operations with traffic continuing to increase. There’s a new element in play now: mass resignations. Before COVID, it was rare for trainees to quit after getting to their facilities. It was almost unheard of for a CPC to resign. But now we’re seeing it happen more and more often across the NAS. People are waking up to the fact that 6 day work weeks, no ability to transfer, toxic work environments, and what is quickly becoming mediocre pay are not worth sticking it out with the “best job in the world.” Not saying the contract is a magic wand to fix everything, but a lot of the concerns can be addressed, particularly pay.

If the contract gets extended AGAIN and people are stuck with 1.6% raises for 13 years, I would only expect the resignation waves to turn into tsunamis. Then the question becomes, how much longer until the system can no longer support itself? The implications here are much bigger than a few people just being disgruntled.
DOD jobs are/about to be the golden goose.

In any case, this all just confirms that willingly extending under Biden, while knowing the apparent stakes of negotiating with Trump or another Republican admin, was the single biggest blunder in NATCA’s history and will end up costing members untold amounts in pay and benefits over our careers. I don’t think this can be overstated.
Are you really using the notions of “apparent stakes” and “will end up costing members untold amounts in pay and benefits” together in the same sentence?

The election hasn’t even happened yet lol.

Then the question becomes, how much longer until the system can no longer support itself? The implications here are much bigger than a few people just being disgruntled.
The Swiss Cheese method will be relied upon until everything becomes terrible enough that catastrophe is inevitable. It might take a while for an incident to occur. But if standards for certifying get low enough, staffing gets bad enough, fatigue goes unmitigated enough, and those factors converge:

Category:Aviation accidents and incidents caused by air traffic controller error - Wikipedia

It is a logical outcome when a service is treated like a business: safe and orderly will only be prioritized behind expeditious and under budget.

10 year contracts are fantastic aren’t they? Guess that bought nick 3 more years of yachts.

I get the snowflake thing, coming from someone hiding behind a screen anonymously. That’s a real strong American man there

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to get off track but if you looked at the hour by hour betting odds for the 2020 election on election night, around midnight Trump was, for a few hours, something like -2800.

Then they stole it.
Bruh people still are saying the election is stolen four years later god damn trumpers have low brain function

Bruh people still are saying the election is stolen four years later god damn trumpers have low brain function
It was going well for trump till they counted the votes. Republicans just lost an election by 25 In Alabama. Anyone who is afraid of trump rn is weak

Not disputing atc2 is like this, but the other sub reddit is notorious for doing this which is why atc2 was created. Not to mention Natca disabled comments on Facebook.

I don't know if you're just making a general statement here or if you're trying to defend the honor of the alternative to atc2. Sure seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atc2 emerged from the darkness and is becoming the go to for forum discussion regarding the election and other relevant work related topics.

Until it sparked up again today, notice how in the last month this website has had a lot less discussion on red hot headline topics like the election, and has reverted back to boring shit topics from years ago like mass NCEPT discussion and staffing numbers?

Both websites have their place but that sub Reddit seems to have some instant ground breaking news and more passion for what’s coming up.

If they do extend the contract though, expect a month or so of wild backlash on every social media tool, then a 80% or more drop off in participation here, and on Reddit. The seeds will have been sown and there will simply be not much left to talk about, we will be in a 13 year 1.6% hell until at least 2029. I think even NCEPT talk will go away because I think they will eventually suspend all transfers when the latest hiring plan fails.

Not disputing atc2 is like this, but the other sub reddit is notorious for doing this which is why atc2 was created. Not to mention Natca disabled comments on Facebook.

I don't know if you're just making a general statement here or if you're trying to defend the honor of the alternative to atc2. Sure seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

Here's the thing with the ATC2 reddit sub... you want to say you are an uncensored alternative... then don't censor those who disagree with you... I've had several buddies of mine who have called out several of their BS policies... and they promptly get banned and muted lol.

That's right there is pot calling the kettle black

10 year contracts are fantastic aren’t they? Guess that bought nick 3 more years of yachts.

I get the snowflake thing, coming from someone hiding behind a screen anonymously. That’s a real strong American man there

Why you aren't banned on here yet is beyond me.... but tell your buddies on atc2 that they are a bunch of bitches for blocking people who called them out on their BS.

Guess it isn't free and uncensored huh?

Lol I didn't mean to quote you.

It's Lenny and the rest of his little minions who got banned on here but are under different usernames lol.

Those ducks can go fuck themselves
I don’t think the resistance is as connected as you think they are. It’s a lot of different groups with a common goal finding each other.

The atc2 sub was founded in haste during a time of heavy neb censorship. It was one of several started that day and for some reason that one is the one that stuck.

Back
Top Bottom