Missed approaches that specify descents/a continue of a descent to a specific altitude when going missed

Homsar

Forum Sage
Doing a study and looking for missed approach procedures that specify a continuing of descent (or something similar) to an altitude that the missed approach procedure begins at if the aircraft declares that they’re going missed above that altitude. I’ve heard there are some out there but I haven’t seen any yet.

I was wondering specifically if there are any that direct an A/C to continue the descent at any kind of rate specifically after declaring missed on the plate, like those two make sense with an A/C that’s below those altitudes, but what if they declare a missed approach above the missed altitude depicted on the plate due to an early unstabilized approach, a TCAS RA, an instrument failure, etc? Are they to continue descending at a standard rate until the missed approach entry altitude, or at pilot’s discretion? Can a tower assign an altitude that facilitates this descent, or would be that an altitude issued below an MVA?

I was wondering specifically if there are any that direct an A/C to continue the descent at any kind of rate specifically after declaring missed on the plate, like those two make sense with an A/C that’s below those altitudes, but what if they declare a missed approach above the missed altitude depicted on the plate due to an early unstabilized approach, a TCAS RA, an instrument failure, etc? Are they to continue descending at a standard rate until the missed approach entry altitude, or at pilot’s discretion? Can a tower assign an altitude that facilitates this descent, or would be that an altitude issued below an MVA?
Well they have to respond to whatever the RA says. But it would probably be smart for Seattle Tracon to keep these guys till they are low enough

Well they have to respond to whatever the RA says. But it would probably be smart for Seattle Tracon to keep these guys till they are low enough
From what I understand they have incidents every couple of months where someone will attempt to climb into a Seatac arrival while executing a missed or responding to a TCAS, by that time they are always with BFI tower. Its been a hot button issue for a while but no one wants to take the buck of shitting all over seatacs flow rate.

From what I understand they have incidents every couple of months where someone will attempt to climb into a Seatac arrival while executing a missed or responding to a TCAS, by that time they are always with BFI tower. Its been a hot button issue for a while but no one wants to take the buck of shitting all over seatacs flow rate.
Maybe all the approaches into BFI should be FAA specials. Maybe they are.

If you don’t continue to descend to 1500’ and stay there til the fix when going missed on ILS 19 at TEB you go smack into the EWR 22 final that’s out of 3000 for 2500

There is a MA hold-down on the ILS at VNY to deconflict with the ILS at BUR whose glide slope intercept is over midfield.

ILS 12 at Oakland. Go missed? Either get your ass down or midair an SFO arrival

Because they can go missed anywhere prior to the MAP I've always seen the descending missed approaches do it via a crossing restriction at a fix, a descent rate would be impossible to specify

Back
Top Bottom