NCEPT going away?

Imo, twice a year helps larger facilities compete with all these level 5 tower flowers that have been getting the advantage. Not ideal but makes me feel like I have a little more of a chance.

Last edited:
If it isn’t until next May, there shouldn’t be many trainees left at that point with the new training initiative numbers. Everyone training now will either be washed or certified.

Imo, twice a year helps larger facilities compete with all these level 5 tower flowers that have been getting the advantage. Not ideal but makes me feel like I have a little more of a chance.

I don’t think there is any reason to hold it against anybody that they got out. The Level 5’s desire to move isn’t any less significant than anyone else. But I do think with the way staffing is that Levels 4 & 5’s simply need to close. Maybe this is just me but I think there is a pretty clear reason why up/downs keep getting split.

I don’t think there is any reason to hold it against anybody that they got out. The Level 5’s desire to move isn’t any less significant than anyone else. But I do think with the way staffing is that Levels 4 & 5’s simply need to close. Maybe this is just me but I think there is a pretty clear reason why up/downs keep getting split.

Up/Downs are getting split due to the FAAs desire to save money. If you have a good reasoning for not making DVT and RHV contract but making SMF contract I'd be interested to hear it.

Maybe just let academy grads go to 8’s and 9’s too ?‍♂️

I mean honestly how much of what goes on at 4’s and 5’s really prepares you for 10’s and above?

I mean honestly how much of what goes on at 4’s and 5’s really prepares you for 10’s and above?
This is true, one of the logics pitched by NCEPT is that’s it will create a progression system like minor league baseball where you go from A to AA to AAA with level 5’s to 8 or 9 to 11 to 12. But since all the openings and high priorities are 11 and 12’s you have all the 5’s and 6’s going right to 11 and 12 since the middle of the order can’t release people, Ana are rarely ranked high enough to get a lot of new people. And yes, a level 5 CPC at a up/down or tower has almost no transferable skills to a high level terminal or center, it don’t mean they can’t do it but they are essentially a OTS hire (or worse if they developed a lot of bad habits).

Here’s the kicker:

If ERR Swaps and Hardships are capped off at only 3 facility level changes, then why aren’t standard ERR (NCEPT) transfers the same? What difference are there in any of the above 3 categories of transfers, aside from their specific titles?

This question isn’t rhetorical, I’m actually asking for an answer. Consistency, if you will.

I don’t think anyone has any idea. I’ve seen that asked a bunch of times

It’s a gimmick is why. A false hope for most. A lottery for all.

Transfers did and have increased under this process, there’s not denying that. The numbers do not lie. But at the stake of where it has placed us all now in the present.

So many have transferred because, as Robertb and MJ have both preached, this shit sucking transfer process isn’t based on anything but numbers. It’s all bullshit Excel Spreadsheet mathematic equations for every single facility. You’re credentials, your experience, YOU, mean absolutely nothing if the numbers in the equations do not align properly.

It’s a gamble. And if you haven’t noticed by now, the rules of this game change almost every other panel meeting.

Our career advancements are based on a numbers game, of which changes every other month, and we have no absolute control over.

Back
Top Bottom