NEB meeting in Hawaii

Well, be consistent.

If you want to hold them to Zoom meetings altogether do that.

But don’t hate on this because it happens to be in Hawaii, but not have a problem when they have them in Des Moines, OKC, Boston, etc…
Maybe members don’t want to be funding their family vacations? Or flying everyone the longest possible distance

Well, be consistent.

But don’t hate on this because it happens to be in Hawaii, but not have a problem when they have them in Des Moines, OKC, Boston, etc…

I think it's plenty consistent to want them to be accountable to the members when such a small group of people get an exclusive benefit. Do they work hard? Some could say yes. But do they deserve a trip to Hawaii to do...what? I want to know what exactly this brings to the members other than to jerk each other off in paradise.

What benefit does CFS (some argue this is a waste too) give us? It can be argued it brings together regional and local facilities to connect, it's more of a widespread union benefit, and it has benefits for those that attend to take back to their facilities. Some say it's a waste of money also.

Most of the other events that get held benefit the members in some small way or some large - depends on your facility or how pro-NATCA you are. But I don't see what gathering...12? people at an expensive vacation destination does for me as a member. What can these people take from this gathering IN Hawaii to take out to the union as a whole that they couldn't have done in Des Moines or OKC? Or Zoom? Why one of the most expensive destinations in the US?

I think it's plenty consistent to want them to be accountable to the members when such a small group of people get an exclusive benefit. Do they work hard? Some could say yes. But do they deserve a trip to Hawaii to do...what? I want to know what exactly this brings to the members other than to jerk each other off in paradise.

What benefit does CFS (some argue this is a waste too) give us? It can be argued it brings together regional and local facilities to connect, it's more of a widespread union benefit, and it has benefits for those that attend to take back to their facilities. Some say it's a waste of money also.

Most of the other events that get held benefit the members in some small way or some large - depends on your facility or how pro-NATCA you are. But I don't see what gathering...12? people at an expensive vacation destination does for me as a member. What can these people take from this gathering IN Hawaii to take out to the union as a whole that they couldn't have done in Des Moines or OKC? Or Zoom? Why one of the most expensive destinations in the US?
None of those places you mentioned have beaches, that's why they couldn't do it there.

Well, be consistent.

Wrong. It’s significantly more expensive in every way to hold a meeting in Hawaii. Look up hotels and flights and rental cars in say OKC vs HNL. Having meetings in exotic locations is a waste. All the events are in LAS bc they seem to have flights to and from everywhere and it’s cheap. Hawaii is just an indefensible as holding it in vail, or Martha’s Vineyard.

Wrong. It’s significantly more expensive in every way to hold a meeting in Hawaii. Look up hotels and flights and rental cars in say OKC vs HNL. Having meetings in exotic locations is a waste. All the events are in LAS bc they seem to have flights to and from everywhere and it’s cheap. Hawaii is just an indefensible as holding it in vail, or Martha’s Vineyard.
You’d think they could just tack it on to one of the sides of CFS

Maybe members don’t want to be funding their family vacations? Or flying everyone the longest possible distance
They go everywhere. They go everywhere so the membership has an opportunity to address them in person. Nobody wants representation that they can’t meet. You idiots are just begging for things to complain about. If want to go to a different city every month you should run for RVP. Some are dumps some are great. But if you want to go to Hawaii you have to win election more than once cuz leadership hasn’t been there in 6 years.

They go everywhere. They go everywhere so the membership has an opportunity to address them in person. Nobody wants representation that they can’t meet. You idiots are just begging for things to complain about. If want to go to a different city every month you should run for RVP. Some are dumps some are great. But if you want to go to Hawaii you have to win election more than once cuz leadership hasn’t been there in 6 years.
They go everywhere every 6 years?

If it was the prez and vp and the regional vp for hawaii going there for a visit that's one thing. This is not that. This is paid for travel and lodging and who knows what else for at least.... what 6 people who have zero to do with facilities in Hawaii.

I'm failing to understand why the eastern region vp needs to have a meet and greet with the controllers at Honolulu.

Do I get to bring my spouse?

April 4-5: Honolulu, Hawaii
May 16-17: Kansas City, Mo.
June 6-7: Pittsburgh, Penn.
July 11-12: Salt Lake City, Utah
August 23-24: Anchorage, Alaska
October 3-4: Portland, Maine
November 7-9: Washington, D.C.
December 12-13: Austin, Texas

That’s the rest of the schedule.
You think they'll fly or drive to AUS? Guess they could fly into SAT and drive to AUS.

Serious question #1, do they actually meet with members when they fly around the country having these NEB meetings? I read the NEB minutes and nothing says that.

Or are they combining NEB meetings with facility visits, as Move78 is implying? In which case, serious question #2, why does the entire NEB need to go? Why not divorce "Santa and LeBovidge facility visits" from the monthly NEB meeting, which you can have over Zoom?

Back
Top Bottom