NEB meeting in Hawaii

It’s not really true….flight costs depend on demand and cost of the departure/arrival airports….I just checked a flight to Newark to Hawaii, is almost the same price as Newark to HOU….about a $100 difference….on the dates I selected….miles don’t matter at all.
It really is true. Airplanes take black juice to fly. I’m sure you can cherry pick some specific routes tho

Your regional VP’s job is to represent you on the national executive board…literally what they are doing right now. That is their job…read the constitution.
I 100 percent agree with this. I'm not arguing that whatsoever.

What I have questions about it why all of them need to travel to Hawaii to do so, and the justification from one other poster was "meet and greets" to which i said why, if hawaii isnt a part of their region, is that necessary, because (as you so snidely put it) thier job is to represent the BUEs in their region? Maybe work on your reading comprehension before diving off into typographical error debates and strawman arguments and telling me what I need to do.

Please skim
I’d be curious if bill gates and the Microsoft board of directors followed the memo.

I 100 percent agree with this. I'm not arguing that whatsoever.

What I have questions about it why all of them need to travel to Hawaii to do so, and the justification from one other poster was "meet and greets" to which i said why, if hawaii isnt a part of their region, is that necessary, because (as you so snidely put it) thier job is to represent the BUEs in their region? Maybe work on your reading comprehension before diving off into typographical error debates and strawman arguments and telling me what I need to do.
RVPs run the majority of workgroups that affect many members across the country. Don’t you think it’s important to have the RVPs that run NCEPT available to the membership to ask questions or give critical feedback?

When an RVP, as a member of the NEB, takes a vote at an NEB meeting does it only affect the members in their region? Or does that vote apply evenly across the country? This is why it could be important to have all of them as an audience. There is a difference between addressing the NEB officially on your issue, having them listen, and then voting on your issue. Or being able to meet them the night before, talk passionately to them about your issue, then presenting the next day and having the support of multiple members of the board.

I know people here like to think being an anonymous loud mouth on a message board will change the things they don’t like about their union, but in real life the situations I listed above actually take place.

I’d be curious if bill gates and the Microsoft board of directors followed the memo.
I think Bill gates is in a different world.

As for the rest of em I'm not sure.

But we've become so intertwined with politics that the union is in an intro into a political career. Just a tough line all around when there's such a disconnect between top and bottom. The we have a great transfer system really irked me, especially in reference to Oakland.

RVPs run the majority of workgroups that affect many members across the country. Don’t you think it’s important to have the RVPs that run NCEPT available to the membership to ask questions or give critical feedback?

When an RVP, as a member of the NEB, takes a vote at an NEB meeting does it only affect the members in their region? Or does that vote apply evenly across the country? This is why it could be important to have all of them as an audience. There is a difference between addressing the NEB officially on your issue, having them listen, and then voting on your issue. Or being able to meet them the night before, talk passionately to them about your issue, then presenting the next day and having the support of multiple members of the board.

I know people here like to think being an anonymous loud mouth on a message board will change the things they don’t like about their union, but in real life the situations I listed above actually take place.
Either way it’s a waste of time. There’s no end in sight when things will get better. How many years has NEB meetings been taking place?

Either way it’s a waste of time. There’s no end in sight when things will get better. How many years has NEB meetings been taking place?
NEB meetings have taken place since the formation of the NEB….

It’s crazy to me that people make comments about the NEB being out of touch, and in the very same breath say making it possible for the membership to meet the NEB and discuss issues is a waste of time….

Madness….

It’s crazy to me that people make comments about the NEB being out of touch, and in the very same breath say making it possible for the membership to meet the NEB and discuss issues is a waste of time….

Madness….
Na, the observant people have seen that trying to meet with the NEB is not just a waste of time, it is dangerous. Gets you berated and in effect blackballed from things. If you only knew the origin story of how the motivation for creation of this website got started........

Na, the observant people have seen that trying to meet with the NEB is not just a waste of time, it is dangerous. Gets you berated and in effect blackballed from things. If you only knew the origin story of how the motivation for creation of this website got started........
Well I imagine after you were blackballed you decided to run for RVP or EVP, or president, make your voice heard, or perhaps you put up an amendment to the national constitution and lobbied for support at convention?

Or did you yell in an echo chamber anonymously on an internet message board and complain that nobody gave a crap.

I'd say instead of traveling the country to talk to people outside thier region, it'd be better for them to make more regular appearances inside thier regions at more facilities and then go to NEB meetings and.... ya know represent thier members at them and make sure thier voices are heard on whatever the current topics of discussion are at the NEB meetings (which is the point of a regional representative anyways).

As was stated, if you want to talk directly to say the NCEPT guy, you can always call in, send emails etc, and there's always cfs, the convention, pre convention stuff.

I dunno I'm just some dude but that's how I see representation as working most efficiently and in the manner it's supposed to.

Madness….
Your answer implies that the NEB actually gives a shit about anything a member has to say. I’ve seen RVPs be so outright dismissive of legitimate member concerns in face to face meetings it was hard not to throw a chair.

Your answer implies that the NEB actually gives a shit about anything a member has to say. I’ve seen RVPs be so outright dismissive of legitimate member concerns in face to face meetings it was hard not to throw a chair.
It’s even worse in the slack channels. If you thought they didn’t give a shit in person, you should see half the shit they say behind a keyboard. Up to and including telling facreps they don’t know what’s best for them, their facility, and their constituents. The gaslighting is alive and well.

I got you.

Excellent. How much do I have to up my ‘contribution’ to get this time off?

Is this the facrep giving me his time or do I get the time from the RVP to go to the meeting? I just want to make sure it goes into web scheduler correctly.

Also If a max ‘contribution’ gets you Hawaii and a bunch of time off without having to bid it, how much for Portland? I’m thinking like $2.

Please advise-

It’s even worse in the slack channels. If you thought they didn’t give a shit in person, you should see half the shit they say behind a keyboard. Up to and including telling facreps they don’t know what’s best for them, their facility, and their constituents. The gaslighting is alive and well.
How do I get these slack channels 😮

Well I imagine after you were blackballed you decided to run for RVP or EVP, or president, make your voice heard, or perhaps you put up an amendment to the national constitution and lobbied for support at convention?

Or did you yell in an echo chamber anonymously on an internet message board and complain that nobody gave a crap.
Can't you see, FightingIrish2012 ?

It's your fault for the systemic rot that screwed you because it is your responsibility as a victim to be more active in the system! Things won't ever get better unless you get involved, and if you don't get involved then you deserve to be screwed over because it was already all your fault!

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Yeah, when you run you get a sideroom at the convention for your table because space isn't available and everyone that supports you gets ostracized

um, why are there so many in person meetings in a year??? they should reduce it to like a once a year thing/conference and have follow-up meetings over zoom. or make the reps pay for their own expenses and see if they still wanna go 🤣

Back
Top Bottom