NEST info

Is the starting dates you receive for your assignment from the nest about the same as when you get hired? i.e. start in 1 or 2 or 3 months?

I understand nest is different than ncept, but does anyone have any insight via KSN or otherwise on nest panels? my ATM said there was one July and also will be another one August... can anyone confirm this?

Does the NEST stuff go directly to affected employees or is there list published with XYZ “offered lower level facility”? And any idea what time the results show up? Today or later this week?

Does the NEST stuff go directly to affected employees or is there list published with XYZ “offered lower level facility”? And any idea what time the results show up? Today or later this week?
Directly to the employee. There used to be a list but they did away with those. When I went through the NEST they simply made the determination of what level and type of facility to retain you at (if any), and then get you a list of facilities to choose from a couple of days later.

Anyone get any updates about the July 27th nest? Almost a week after the panel met and still no updates on here or Reddit
Talk with your ATM or FACREP regarding any NEST updates. You can expect to receive a response by the end of this week or next. I got a response today from my FACREP about being retained to FSS or lower level facilities pending available vacancies. I'm supposed to receive a generated list in two weeks.

Last edited:
Talk with your ATM or FACREP regarding any NEST updates. You can expect to receive a response by the end of this week or next. I got a response today from my FACREP about being retained to FSS or lower level facilities pending available vacancies. I'm supposed to receive a generated list in two weeks.
I was informed yesterday as well. Hope you get a solid list.

FSS? I thought they weren’t doing that anymore? Aren’t the lists supposed to be all facilities at or below a level 8 with vacancies?
Not sure why you would think that but this is the best job in the world, the contract can’t get any better, and people better be happy with FSS options. It’s still a 2152 position (but you can’t ERR out….. not that 95% of controllers can ERR put anyway).

FSS? I thought they weren’t doing that anymore? Aren’t the lists supposed to be all facilities at or below a level 8 with vacancies?
It really depends what training you have and how far you got in training. It’s not black and white what you’ll get on a NEST. It varies from facility to facility (mostly based on experience and certs). Most enroute NEST people get 7 and below tower only options unless they certified on some radar scopes.

Back
Top Bottom