NEST info

If you have the same bid type (national bid for one area) then all 30k people who want to get their foot in the door will apply, regardless where they live. Much like when I was hired they had statewide hiring bids and I applied to every state that had a bid out.

And then when they get in and certify they will come on here and bitch about the hiring process and being “forced” to go to that facility and blah blah blah.
at least if they did that then you actually applied directly for that facility.

How is that? Forrest service doesn’t hire people to anywhere in the USA. The opening might be “National” but the ad leads to a local

idk all the particulars but I know that for the N90 local bid part of the waiver stipulated that those hired under it were for N90 only so as not to have unfair hiring orwcticing to those not eligible and if they wash from N90 there’s no NEST for them.

idk all the particulars but I know that for the N90 local bid part of the waiver stipulated that those hired under it were for N90 only so as not to have unfair hiring orwcticing to those not eligible and if they wash from N90 there’s no NEST for them.
Didn’t they nest them anyway

I don’t want to put words in your mouth. Are you really saying improving placement processes is impossible? Guys I think we found the Agency guy that created these
Im saying keeping everyone happy is not possible. Even if they change it you’ll have a different group of people on here bitching and it’ll be the same amount as it is now. I mean look at the lead posters, it’s all the same people and not that many. You are a very vocal minority, at least on here and I’m sure at your facilities. Im also saying that in my opinion many of the ideas proposed solve some problems and create others and most people don’t care because they believe their problems would be solved. Im saying it’s 6 in one hand and a half dozen the other, so ultimately who ever makes the decisions has to pick their poison.

Im saying keeping everyone happy is not possible. Even if they change it you’ll have a different group of people on here bitching and it’ll be the same amount as it is now. I mean look at the lead posters, it’s all the same people and not that many. You are a very vocal minority, at least on here and I’m sure at your facilities. Im also saying that in my opinion many of the ideas proposed solve some problems and create others and most people don’t care because they believe their problems would be solved. Im saying it’s 6 in one hand and a half dozen the other, so ultimately who ever makes the decisions has to pick their poison.
The placement processes can be improved.

I’m pretty sure the local N90 OTS bid applicants had to already live in the local area. Maybe that’s why it needed a waiver or whatever.

I think going back to assigning facilities beforehand and HR being more flexible letting people swap at the academy would at least be a start. Assigning someone from Ohio ZOA and someone from Oakland ZOB and not allowing them to trade at the academy is criminal.

Also having a list of low level hard to staff facilities and approving people to go to them out of the academy, even on a case by case basis, would make a lot of sense.

Didn’t they nest them anyway
Yes

I’m pretty sure the local N90 OTS bid applicants had to already live in the local area. Maybe that’s why it needed a waiver or whatever.

I think going back to assigning facilities beforehand and HR being more flexible letting people swap at the academy would at least be a start. Assigning someone from Ohio ZOA and someone from Oakland ZOB and not allowing them to trade at the academy is criminal.

Also having a list of low level hard to staff facilities and approving people to go to them out of the academy, even on a case by case basis, would make a lot of sense.
I agree with all that, just doing things like this would reduce the number of people trying to transfer by about half I bet. Also let new hires go to 8-9-10 facilities. Those are the places often stuck as they don’t get academy grads and can rarely release or pickup often. I don’t think the washout rates at those places were way higher then 5-6-7 level facilities.

I have a friend there now. Said that no one from the local bid has gone through classroom/labs. Only people that have gone through sims so far are CPC-ITs and people picked up on a national bid, many of which were originally from the area. So the only people that have received NEST options are national bid applicants.

I have a friend there now. Said that no one from the local bid has gone through classroom/labs. Only people that have gone through sims so far are CPC-ITs and people picked up on a national bid, many of which were originally from the area. So the only people that have received NEST options are national bid applicants.
Your telling me not 1 person from the n90 local bid like 3 years ago has started labs?

I can somewhat understand the way they do it now. It sucks but someone has to go to these facilities. Maybe if they did regionals selections you'd at least be somewhat close to where you want to be.

Why can't they do facility specific bids to the general public but offer a retention bonus of some sort. If they can offer 27k for sup bids why can't they offer 10k upon CPC over a 3-5 year period for anyone that's selected for ABC. If you resign before that period you can't reapply until that time period is over, and you can't ERR until that time period is over. Just spit balling.

Your telling me not 1 person from the n90 local bid like 3 years ago has started labs?
No, not yet. You realize the back log they had? All the national bid people got there before the N90 local bid trainees. The national bid trainees were pulled from the national bid and put down the TETRA path because the FAA had created TETRA but had trouble putting out the local bid, probably because of all the legal issues that go along with it. So they needed bodies, hence why they pulled so many from the national bid. The local bid devs started getting to N90 late 2019/early 2020 from what I was told. Everyone that has gone through has been national bid up until the last few months where there might be one or two local bid trainees but majority, if not all, is still national bids and CPC-ITs. Reminder: TETRA was failing a lot of people once they solidified the course. So many/most didn’t make it through until late 2019/early 2020.

We must be talking about different bids or something, I personally know local N90 people who were hired on the bid from about 3 years ago, washed at N90, went someplace else, and succeeded.

Yah wasn’t there a 2017 all n90 bid? I remember it cus it was around when I went thru

The 2017 bid was National, not local so they didn’t fall under the waiver terms. The local area bid was after that. As for not one of the local bid people starting labs, idk about the other areas but in my area the first class with any local bid people in it finished labs in March of 2020. They got sent home literally 2 or 3 days after finishing the lab for Covid. 2 passed out of the 4 in that group, but I don’t know who was local bid or who National or who prior experience. I don’t actually know what happened to the 2 who washed other than they got paid all through Covid. Haven’t seen them since March 2020.

The 2017 bid was National, not local so they didn’t fall under the waiver terms. The local area bid was after that. As for not one of the local bid people starting labs, idk about the other areas but in my area the first class with any local bid people in it finished labs in March of 2020. They got sent home literally 2 or 3 days after finishing the lab for Covid. 2 passed out of the 4 in that group, but I don’t know who was local bid or who National or who prior experience. I don’t actually know what happened to the 2 who washed other than they got paid all through Covid.
Oh! What has the checkout rate from the 2017 national bid been like?

Back
Top Bottom