NEST info

Thanks for responding. Assuming no category means the fac doesn't need people
The categories are for releasing people, specifically meaning Category 1 facilities can release within 6 months and Category 2 within 12 months but no later. If there is no Category then no one can be released from the facility.

I thought it was 100% AOB. We just got someone back and we’re projected over 100 and actually below it.
I am going thru the process now. According to the NEST SOP 1.1.3 it is below 100% projected. But like everything else, who knows if they fudge the numbers a bit when it makes their job easier

I am going thru the process now. According to the NEST SOP 1.1.3 it is below 100% projected. But like everything else, who knows if they fudge the numbers a bit when it makes their job easier
Got it thanks. Yeah to me why fuck a guy over when you don’t have to but this is the FAA we’re talking about.

The AOB projected is FROZEN the day you request the fast track. Went through this. Super easy. So even if the facility becomes 110% projected, but you withdrew/terminated you can still go.

are you a CPC-IT or first facility developmental? I withdrew during Covid, but I was a CPC-IT. I was given a list of 14 facilities, including my prior facility. You can fast track back at any time, so it's worth it to wait for the NEST to see if you can get a facility that is closer to where you want to go.
Do you feel getting 14 on your list is “normal”? I thought you would only get 5 if you withdraw.

And what will be offered, at or below the previous level? Facilities that are projected to be below 100%?
I have a friend who would like to withdraw and go to a certain region but most of the facilities are projected to be 100%+. So i assume there is little chance of getting those?

Do you feel getting 14 on your list is “normal”? I thought you would only get 5 if you withdraw.

And what will be offered, at or below the previous level? Facilities that are projected to be below 100%?
I have a friend who would like to withdraw and go to a certain region but most of the facilities are projected to be 100%+. So i assume there is little chance of getting those?
NEST panel decides what level to offer retention at. Depends on how far you made it at the facility you withdrew from. There is no chance of getting facilities projected over 100%. I am also curious if they only offer a list of 5 facilities or all facilities staffed below natl avg at recommended placement level

List as promised. Transferred to lvl 11 tracon (since downgraded to lvl 10) from a lvl 10 tower, no radar exp. Checked out on rfd and dep only before withdrawing. Zero surprises on list, closest facility offered 340 miles away, 0 from within district.

ANC, ARB, BFL, BOI, BOS, CHS, CMH, FAY, FLL, HEF, ICT, MEM, MKE, MOB, MWH, OAK, OKC, ORF, PUB, SAV, SDF, SEA, SFO, SNA, STL, STT, SUS, TEB, TRI, TUL, VNY

List as promised. Transferred to lvl 11 tracon (since downgraded to lvl 10) from a lvl 10 tower, no radar exp. Checked out on rfd and dep only before withdrawing. Zero surprises on list, closest facility offered 340 miles away, 0 from within district.

ANC, ARB, BFL, BOI, BOS, CHS, CMH, FAY, FLL, HEF, ICT, MEM, MKE, MOB, MWH, OAK, OKC, ORF, PUB, SAV, SDF, SEA, SFO, SNA, STL, STT, SUS, TEB, TRI, TUL, VNY
SFO bro. Easy choice

Could be worse. Buddy of mine withdrew from training at my level 12, his first facility, and was only offered 2 towers on the opposite coast.

If you don‘t want Bay Area, SNA is a good spot in Cali. Lots of people form there at LAX now.

Back
Top Bottom