NEST info

I wish NEST were the case. I'm in it right now and although there are facilities 20 min from my home at 94%, they are going by "national average" and giving me facilities 300+ miles from home. Which is why I'm considering leaving, waiting my year, and trying again ?
You are a CPCIT right? If so they should for sure offer you basically everything below 100% projected at the facility levels you qualify for. It was be dynamic decisions if they don’t but it would put lots of people up a creek.

You are a CPCIT right? If so they should for sure offer you basically everything below 100% projected at the facility levels you qualify for. It was be dynamic decisions if they don’t but it would put lots of people up a creek.
I hate to hijack this thread, but they definitely didn't offer all below 100%. There are 3 facilities an hour's drive from me that fit that description. The list they offered doesn't actually make much sense. There are many on it staffed higher than facilities near me. I don't understand it, and have been asking HR about it but keep getting handed off while I run out of time. I am most definitely up a creek!

Last edited:
I hate to hijack this thread, but they definitely didn't offer all below 100%. There are 3 facilities and hour's drive from me that fit that description. The list they offered doesn't actually make much sense. There are many on it staffed higher than facilities near me. I don't understand it, and have been asking HR about it but keep getting handed off while I run out of time. I am most definitely up a creek!
Did you withdraw from training yourself or wash out?

I hate to hijack this thread, but they definitely didn't offer all below 100%. There are 3 facilities and hour's drive from me that fit that description. The list they offered doesn't actually make much sense. There are many on it staffed higher than facilities near me. I don't understand it, and have been asking HR about it but keep getting handed off while I run out of time. I am most definitely up a creek!
What’s on your list?

As I am also in this process I can verify they definitely do not offer you below 100% projected at facilities you qualify for. Wish that was the case so I could stay in the region. They offer facilities you qualify for projected below the national average, which is currently about 90.3%

As I am also in this process I can verify they definitely do not offer you below 100% projected at facilities you qualify for. Wish that was the case so I could stay in the region. They offer facilities you qualify for projected below the national average, which is currently about 90.3%
That's too bad, it really does put the screws to people in your situation, as you said there are not many quality facilities that fit that description, especially in the current staffing/training environment.

ANC, ARB, BFL, FAY, FLL, HEF, MEM, MWH, OAK, PUB, SNA, STL, STT, SUS, TRI, VNY
I have a friend who washed recently. Just curious what facility level and type you were cpc at prior and what level and type of facility you washed from with how many certs? Just trying to feel out what he might get offered.

So what did we conclude on how this works.... is the list based on anything below the national avg? the projected % to target? Possible gains to natl avg?

what columns in the PPT do we look at? and what is the new natl avg after the ncept?

So what did we conclude on how this works.... is the list based on anything below the national avg? the projected % to target? Possible gains to natl avg?

what columns in the PPT do we look at? and what is the new natl avg after the ncept?
Next NEST panel July 14. Use column AA from the PPT. They will offer all facilities you qualify for that are below the projected % to target which is currently 90.1%. If there are too many NESTers they will add facilities to the list by adding an additional percentage point to the projected % to target (91.1%) until they have enough options for everyone in the NEST. All of this is spelled out in the NEST SOP on the KSN site.

Next NEST panel July 14. Use column AA from the PPT. They will offer all facilities you qualify for that are below the projected % to target which is currently 90.1%. If there are too many NESTers they will add facilities to the list by adding an additional percentage point to the projected % to target (91.1%) until they have enough options for everyone in the NEST. All of this is spelled out in the NEST SOP on the KSN site.
There is a lot of info thrown around on here and the SOP isn't completely clear. Do you know if a CPC-IT that withdrew approximately 2 weeks ago and requested CPC-IT fast track back to their last facility is lumped into the NEST panel? Do they select after everyone else in the NEST because of the withdrawal or is the % CPC to Target frozen the date of withdrawal as someone previously mentioned?

Do you know if a CPC-IT that withdrew approximately 2 weeks ago and requested CPC-IT fast track back to their last facility is lumped into the NEST panel?
If the previous facility is below 100% projected, they should be able to go back, even if the place was at 98% and they put that facility over 100% projected for example. That has been the rule since the start, I have not heard of a change, but maybe that has fallen too, I'm not hearing good things of the latest rules revision.

This seems abysmal, it is a much worse deal then prior, few facilities meet this criteria, and almost no "good" facilities will. This should warrant a new thread discussion. Do you think that these ultra tough rules on CPCIT wash out will fundamentally change the way people go about NCEPT. Being much less likely to move and make 5+ level facility jumps, or only transfer to places you truly love.

If the previous facility is below 100% projected, they should be able to go back, even if the place was at 98% and they put that facility over 100% projected for example. That has been the rule since the start, I have not heard of a change, but maybe that has fallen too, I'm not hearing good things of the latest rules revision.

Do you know if that is tied to the NEST panel or happens independently?

Do you know if that is tied to the NEST panel or happens independently?
It was supposed to happen independently, maybe it had to wait for a panel to be written up and "official" but the day someone withdraws or washes was supposed to be the day they look at the staffing percentage and make the determination.

Back
Top Bottom