NEST info

My facility might be getting someone through the NEST who washed out from two places in the past, and we're all wondering how that's even possible? Employee in question has been in the agency for 7+ years and hasn't certified... anywhere. Training failure at both a center and a low level tower. For some perspective, if they were to come here, they would have the 2nd highest seniority in the entire building, and still be a trainee.

Has anyone actually heard of this happening before? We were under the impression that two consecutive training failures meant they "shall not be retained". But apparently in 2021, the policy was updated to say, "may be retained." I've seen some fuckery in my career, but never at this level lol

My facility might be getting someone through the NEST who washed out from two places in the past, and we're all wondering how that's even possible? Employee in question has been in the agency for 7+ years and hasn't certified... anywhere. Training failure at both a center and a low level tower. For some perspective, if they were to come here, they would have the 2nd highest seniority in the entire building, and still be a trainee.

Has anyone actually heard of this happening before? We were under the impression that two consecutive training failures meant they "shall not be retained". But apparently in 2021, the policy was updated to say, "may be retained." I've seen some fuckery in my career, but never at this level lol
It’s common. They can be retained as long as they’ve certified on at least one control position. I’ve heard that there is a controller in the northeast who is close to retirement and never CPC’d.

I know of someone who was in for 17 years never cpc. Finally washed them and now they are doing flight data

It’s common. They can be retained as long as they’ve certified on at least one control position. I’ve heard that there is a controller in the northeast who is close to retirement and never CPC’d.
Fucking yikes. Obviously nobody is excited about this.

I know of someone who was in for 17 years never cpc. Finally washed them and now they are doing flight data
I'd rather poke my eyes out with hot stakes than train for 17 years, but I suppose not everyone can be an expert scammer like that. Holy shit.

Last edited:

If he was he washed out twice and is going to your facility, who the fuck are you to talk shit on anyone? Must be a level four or five shithole facility if a a double washout is going there. You at Mosses Lake bro? Stop judging other people you scum.

If he was he washed out twice and is going to your facility, who the fuck are you to talk shit on anyone? Must be a level four or five shithole facility if a a double washout is going there. You at Mosses Lake bro? Stop judging other people you scum.
If it keeps you from stroking out any harder, I find the whole situation more amusing than infuriating.

Worked at my first facility with a guy who spent 6+ Years at a center, washed, came to my 6 up/down, got the tower then washed from radar, got moved to a 4 tower

Are you not judging him from your high horse? Sounds to me like you judge him for being unlucky enough to be stuck at a low level facility. They justifiably don't want people who have had their shot, twice, to come and gum up their ranks. If you fail twice, there's a good chance you're shit in some way that even if they checked out they would not be great to work next to.

I dunno but the center washout isn’t really relevant. But it’ll be funny when the trainer loses their RDOs to this guy

Does anyone know if when they’re making decisions for nest placement do they take into account the 30% cpc trainee ratio or are they basing it solely on target number?

I have seen a person do 9.5 years as a trainee at a 12 Z, washing to a mid level updown, barely getting the tower and then spectacularly washing on radar, then getting kept by the FAA bc they had a tower cert and sent to the slowest tower in the NAS where they finally became a CPC after 9.5 years in the agency. This guy used guard deployments to reset his training if it ever started to go poorly. Rumor was he went to a major tracon since low level towers are always able to release and didnt make it out of the labs.

I just found out today, got my #1 pick! My home-home facility, couldn’t have worked out better!
How long after you found that out were you expected to be there? I submitted my list last week and trying to learn about the timeline from there.

Back
Top Bottom