Pay (FAQ)

Thanks. Is it paid regardless of leave? I've always assumed it was but never thought about it.

Does anyone know with a hardship do you save pay at all or immediately go to the top of the pay band.
Hardship Transfers and Transfers for Mutual Reassignment:

When a bargaining unit employee is granted a Hardship Transfer or Transfer for Mutual Reassignment (Swap), pay is set as follows:

(1) CPC:

(a) Transferring to the same or higher level facility:

i. Basic Pay is unchanged and is not subject to the pay band maximum at the time of transfer.

ii. If current Basic Pay is below the CPC pay band at the new facility, Basic Pay is set

(b)

at the minimum of the pay band upon becoming facility certified. Transferring to a lower level facility:

i. If current Basic Pay fits into the CPC pay band of the lower level facility, Basic Pay remains unchanged.

ii. If current Basic Pay is higher than the top of the new CPC pay band, Basic Pay is set at the top of the new pay band.

(2) CPC-ITs who previously transferred under Section 7(c) who have not yet fully certified in their new facility will have their Basic Pay recalculated as though they never left the previous facility and then Section 7(i)(1) described above for a CPC Hardship Transfer/Swap shall apply.

(3) CPCs and CPC-ITs who transfer to a lower ATC FPL in accordance with the rules of Section 7(i)(1)(b), and who subsequently transfer to a higher ATC FPL within two (2) years of the effective date of the initial transfer, will have their pay set in accordance with the rules of Section 7(i)(1)(a) rather than Section 7(c).

(4) Developmentals who transfer under this subsection will have their pay set in accordance with Section 7(h).

j. On movement from an SSS to CPC within the same facility, pay remains unchanged.

I am too dumb to figure this out. Resigned from a lvl 10 facility a couple years ago as a CPC. If reinstated at a lvl 4, 5 or 6, does my pay start at the bottom of the CPC band at my potential new facility? I have been working private sector since resigning.

e. Re-Entrant:
(1) CPC Re-Entrants shall be considered a CPC at their assigned facility.
(a) CPC Re-Entrant currently employed by the federal government will retain current Basic Pay if it is within the CPC pay band for the assigned ATC facility.
i. If current Basic Pay is below the minimum of the CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay Level, pay will be raised to the minimum of the CPC pay band. If the current Basic Pay exceeds the established CPC pay band, pay will be set at the top of the CPC pay band.
(b) CPC Re-Entrants not currently employed by the federal government will have their Basic Pay set in the CPC pay band of the facility to which the employee is assigned.
i. If the previous Basic Pay is below the minimum of the CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay Level, pay will be raised to the minimum of the CPC pay band. If the previous Basic Pay exceeds the established CPC pay band, pay will be set at the top of the CPC pay band.

I am too dumb to figure this out. Resigned from a lvl 10 facility a couple years ago as a CPC. If reinstated at a lvl 4, 5 or 6, does my pay start at the bottom of the CPC band at my potential new facility? I have been working private sector since resigning.

e. Re-Entrant:
(1) CPC Re-Entrants shall be considered a CPC at their assigned facility.
(a) CPC Re-Entrant currently employed by the federal government will retain current Basic Pay if it is within the CPC pay band for the assigned ATC facility.
i. If current Basic Pay is below the minimum of the CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay Level, pay will be raised to the minimum of the CPC pay band. If the current Basic Pay exceeds the established CPC pay band, pay will be set at the top of the CPC pay band.
(b) CPC Re-Entrants not currently employed by the federal government will have their Basic Pay set in the CPC pay band of the facility to which the employee is assigned.
i. If the previous Basic Pay is below the minimum of the CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay Level, pay will be raised to the minimum of the CPC pay band. If the previous Basic Pay exceeds the established CPC pay band, pay will be set at the top of the CPC pay band.

B(1) applies

You’re not currently a federal employee
Your previous basic pay (presumably) exceeds the top of a level 6 CPC pay band
Pay will be set to the top of the CPC band

Example ERR/MPP
Previous CPC salary - $100,000
New CPC band minimum salary - $120,000
Salary on the go - $100,000 + $10,000 = $110,000
First June Raise - $111,760
Second June Raise - $113,548
Certification - $113,548 + 10,000 = $123,548.

Raises during training are kept in the final CPC pay.
Someone was messing with me saying I would go to the bottom of the CPC pay band once I certified. I was sure that wasn’t the case, anyone know if I can find this in the contract or would it be like some OPM guidance thing?

General
Base Pay = Pay rate with Locality
Basic Pay = Pay rate without Locality

Locality never transfers, you always get the locality pay of the station you are actually at.

You ought to move the "Basic Pay/Without Locality" up one line and move "Base Pay/With Locality" down one so it follows the logical transition from a lower to higher payment.

We also need a mnemonic to remember the 2 terms. Personally, I get the two confused even after 20 years.

BASIC PAY: It makes me SICK to earn the minimum with ZERO locality.

BASE PAY: It's totally BASED that they pay a higher percentage past my normal salary because of reasons.

Someone was messing with me saying I would go to the bottom of the CPC pay band once I certified. I was sure that wasn’t the case, anyone know if I can find this in the contract or would it be like some OPM guidance thing?
That’s only if you’re a new hire or for some hardships and some swaps. Article 108

I certified in May and transferred from a 7 to a 12. I was above the band after I certified. You keep your June raises.

Back
Top Bottom