Pay questions for Nest and next facility?

dbqilm13

FAA
Facility
ATL Atlanta Tower
Went from a 5 with a high locality to a higher facility. Got the 50% pay differential. Didnt make it going into best. If I get a list of 5s and below with a lower locality than my previous facility, do I get my old pay back with the higher locality since I'd be inside the min max for level 5. Or do I go to the bottom of the 5 with that locality?

You don't get to keep your old locality. You get your old base pay with your new level 5's locality if I understand correctly.

Went from a 5 with a high locality to a higher facility. Got the 50% pay differential. Didnt make it going into best. If I get a list of 5s and below with a lower locality than my previous facility, do I get my old pay back with the higher locality since I'd be inside the min max for level 5. Or do I go to the bottom of the 5 with that locality?
Pay will be set like you never made the transfer to the high-level facility. Any intermediate raises you may have received will be applied to your pay like you never left your first facility and then it'll just effectively be a transfer from a 5 to a 5. You'll get the locality of the new facility you're going to.

What about developmental failure (non cpc)? Say someone is at lvl 12 D2. They get lvl 6 in nest. Would they be at the top end of D2 payband til D3 or just whatever is closest to the pay they were previously at?

What about developmental failure (non cpc)? Say someone is at lvl 12 D2. They get lvl 6 in nest. Would they be at the top end of D2 payband til D3 or just whatever is closest to the pay they were previously at?

i asked that same question a little but ago in another thread, here is the link (below) to the page where they explained, hope it helps.

Pay Grade Question

Here's an example:

I was a D3 at a LVL12 center. Went to the nest and went to a LVL 6 UP/DOWN. When I was placed at the LVL 6 facility I went to the top of the D3 band since my pay was above the top of the D3 band which I was already in. Keep in mind the top of the bands are the same as the base of the next band. So when I finally CPC'D I was given a 6% raise since it was greater than the raise to the next band. These pay details are listed in the contract.

When i go to the nest, is there a chance that i might get a higher level than a 5 tower only where i came from? I went to a level 12 got certified on a couple of positions and then washed out. My facrep and atm said they would recommend me for a level 7 and below, but wasnt sure if that would hold any merit in the nest?

When i go to the nest, is there a chance that i might get a higher level than a 5 tower only where i came from? I went to a level 12 got certified on a couple of positions and then washed out. My facrep and atm said they would recommend me for a level 7 and below, but wasnt sure if that would hold any merit in the nest?
Yes it is possible and has happened numerous times. If your ATM recommended you for a 7 or below facility, I would expect the NEST panel to follow suit and your list would be comprised of 7 and below facilities.

Off topic but if you were in the June NEST can you do us all a favor and turn in your placement ranking list. It’s been 2 weeks and there’s 2 CPCs and 1 Dev that hasn’t turned it in yet!

Back
Top Bottom