Postponing Academy

Sang from HK

So I just found out a few weeks ago that my fiancée is pregnant, with our baby being due in June 2022. I applied to the January 2020 bid and just submitted my addendum to the TOL.

My concern is that I’ll get offered dates that will either conflict with the birth of our baby or would require us to move right before/right after the baby is born and my fiancée is recovering.

Assuming I get dates that cause issues like this to arise, is it likely the FAA would allow me to postpone my class date until after the baby is born?

So I just found out a few weeks ago that my fiancée is pregnant, with our baby being due in June 2022. I applied to the January 2020 bid and just submitted my addendum to the TOL.

My concern is that I’ll get offered dates that will either conflict with the birth of our baby or would require us to move right before/right after the baby is born and my fiancée is recovering.

Assuming I get dates that cause issues like this to arise, is it likely the FAA would allow me to postpone my class date until after the baby is born?
I’ve seen them approve date changes for worse reasons. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t be flexible with you.

I was allowed to postpone my class date by over a month because I was a groomsmen in a wedding. If classes are available they’ll work with you

I could be wrong. But wouldn’t he be eligible as a government employee to take three months off paid if she gives birth while at academy? Then he will get to go back to academy after. Granted academy pay isn’t the best but it’s something! Plus government service time (tie breaker!!!) and health care and all that would start up.

I could be wrong. But wouldn’t he be eligible as a government employee to take three months off paid if she gives birth while at academy? Then he will get to go back to academy after. Granted academy pay isn’t the best but it’s something! Plus government service time (tie breaker!!!) and health care and all that would start up.
You need at least a year in service before being eligible for baby leave.

Back
Top Bottom