prime time leave denial.. is this legit?

kaewskone

Lurker
long time lurker first time caller. here are the facts

bid leave last year at previous facilty. bid 4 weeks plus couple weekends last year

just submitted leave request at new facililty for leave i requested last year

i asked for 3 weeks only. 2 full weeks approved (although reluctantly because "we should have some checkouts by then and could use trainees as staffing")

2 of 3 days in 3rd week are not approved and my request goes to end of the prime bids

my rep and atm told me article 24 sec 13 allows atm to do this

been to a few facilities and never had prime leave request treated this way.

it isnt much of problem for me because dont have use or lose and didnt have some major plan for the 2 days that were not approved

just wondering if the situation is legit. if it is then fair enough.

Only your round 1 leave is Prime-Time Leave and guaranteed. After that it comes down to however your facility works out leave...whether that be pre-approved slots or some other method.

I am not sure the CBA specifically addresses what happens to annual leave requests when a BUE transfers to a new facility after both facilities have bid PTL and NPTL during the previous year. Maybe it does but I cannot find it. Perhaps the Annual Leave MOU at your new facility does. Does it? Anyways... my ATM and Local President both agree that annual leave bid during the previous year at the old facility would be protected at the new facility under Article 24, Section 10: All leave bid/requested within designated pre-approved opportunities shall be considered approved.

this is perhaps overly presumptuous of me to say... but it sounds like your rep isn't exactly fighting for you to get it? Perhaps a bad omen for things to come. In facilities w truly collaborative LR, a rep could just say "lets give this guys his leave" to the ATM and shake hands on it and never have it escalate to the region or message boards. Would probably go a long way w you if someone fought for you. Seems like there is usually a latent (and sometimes intentional) disrespect that happens to "new people" where on close calls its like... meh, cmon dude, get checked out first then youll have standing to complain and want things... like leave. lol

In facilities w truly collaborative LR, a rep could just say "lets give this guys his leave" to the ATM and shake hands on it
Except that's not collaborative either. That's the exact same as the ATM saying "lets not give him the leave" and shaking hands on it.
But in this situation he asked for 13 days off....and received 11. Outsider perspective: I don't see the problem, but we're missing the most important pieces of info that could easily change my mind...how many people are approved during leave bidding to have the day off, and how many were already submitted when he requested those other two days?

The schedule and annual leave slots was or should have been bargained without the transfer in consideration. There for the leave should be approved if asked for IMO.

I am not sure the CBA specifically addresses what happens to annual leave requests when a BUE transfers to a new facility after both facilities have bid PTL and NPTL during the previous year. Maybe it does but I cannot find it. Perhaps the Annual Leave MOU at your new facility does. Does it? Anyways... my ATM and Local President both agree that annual leave bid during the previous year at the old facility would be protected at the new facility under Article 24, Section 10: All leave bid/requested within designated pre-approved opportunities shall be considered approved.
It’s in the joint guidance for Article 24. All of the new transfers leave is handled in accordance with Article 24 section 13. Key phrase in that section: “shall not be subject to conditional circumstances”.

If a guy makes a request today and doesn’t have any certs, he cannot be used to fulfill the staffing and workload collaboratively agreed upon in the article 32 MOU. (Staffing numbers are collaborativly agreed upon to meet the forecasted workload)

As such, all leave request shall be approved. The ATM saying “you’ll probably have certs by October 12th” is conditional upon the member certifying by October 12th.

File a grievance. Easy win. This was the first grievance I argued as FacRep and was an easy win.

I know it’s a late response, but someone else may be reading this later…

It’s in the joint guidance for Article 24. All of the new transfers leave is handled in accordance with Article 24 section 13. Key phrase in that section: “shall not be subject to conditional circumstances”.

If a guy makes a request today and doesn’t have any certs, he cannot be used to fulfill the staffing and workload collaboratively agreed upon in the article 32 MOU. (Staffing numbers are collaborativly agreed upon to meet the forecasted workload)

As such, all leave request shall be approved. The ATM saying “you’ll probably have certs by October 12th” is conditional upon the member certifying by October 12th.

File a grievance. Easy win. This was the first grievance I argued as FacRep and was an easy win.

I know it’s a late response, but someone else may be reading this later…
boris karloff frankenstein GIF by Maudit

Back
Top Bottom