Switching Annual Leave to Credit

mcubed820

Once your annual leave has been approved for a day on a posted schedule, are you able to automatically put in a request to use credit instead for that day and not worry about it getting denied/change others requests priority? Or should you wait until basically the day of to request the credit for that day because it could change leave requests priority, etc. I’ve heard different things around my facility regarding this.

I feel like once the leave is approved, what does it matter if you want to change it to credit or not? If the leave is already approved, it’s approved.

Or you can wait until you have the CIC and go into the ART and edit your shift.

Or if you have a good relationship with your MPA you can go to them after the fact and ask them to show you on credit for that day.

Once your annual leave has been approved for a day on a posted schedule, are you able to automatically put in a request to use credit instead for that day and not worry about it getting denied/change others requests priority? Or should you wait until basically the day of to request the credit for that day because it could change leave requests priority, etc. I’ve heard different things around my facility regarding this.

I feel like once the leave is approved, what does it matter if you want to change it to credit or not? If the leave is already approved, it’s approved.
If requesting spot leave and you have no credit but anticipating to get some before that day, just request credit leave instead of annual. It doesn't matter to a supervisor what kind of leave you are taking. And if that day comes around and you have no credit, HR will just charge you annual. If it's bid leave, then it's different.

If requesting spot leave and you have no credit but anticipating to get some before that day, just request credit leave instead of annual. It doesn't matter to a supervisor what kind of leave you are taking. And if that day comes around and you have no credit, HR will just charge you annual. If it's bid leave, then it's different.
Yah. No sup checks to even see if you have leave available when you request it. I’m not sure if they even can

I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to buying back thier 12 minutes of annual leave at the end of their career!!!

Thank you! I still have coworkers telling me that’s false but Article 34 Section 10 says exactly that smh
I switch my Annual to credit all the time. I request annual months in advance and then I make sure I accrue credit to cover it before the day comes and tell my sup to switch it. Just can’t be used for prime time. But talk to CI he’ll take care of it for you. Your don’t need to do anything other than tell a supervisor.

Roger

I switch my Annual to credit all the time. I request annual months in advance and then I make sure I accrue credit to cover it before the day comes and tell my sup to switch it. Just can’t be used for prime time. But talk to CI he’ll take care of it for you. Your don’t need to do anything other than tell a supervisor.

Roger
Rahhhger. I talked to facrep last night who agreed and said it was something in the past with our old ATM and that’s why some people are still under the assumption you go to the back of the line if u try to switch it. So much cheese with that guy

Roger
This is the way. Except for one thing, you can’t request annual if you don’t or won’t have at the leave in excess of what you will earn. That’s in the contract. We had a guy do this, and people got pissed when they found out

Back
Top Bottom