Renew Slate Book 2026???

Me
So few people qualify for A124 and even fewer invoke it I guarantee the FAA doesn't care about it at all
"Care" doesn't really factor into it. The problem is that management rarely goes along with an ask without asking something else in return. You could have a great idea that benefits everyone and still have the agency use your desire for it as leverage against you.

P
So few people qualify for A124 and even fewer invoke it I guarantee the FAA doesn't care about it at all
Tons and tons of people qualify for A124. Few invoke it. It’s slowly growing. Will likely continue to grow as long as staffing is short and the release policy keeps people trapped. But clearly most senior 10-12s don’t want to relocate. And moving downgrade within the same locale is often a huge pay cut.
Also worth noting that most people don’t know the contract so some are just unaware.

What do they care?
Who knows. Power? Ego? Why do all the OMs pretend like any benefit to local working conditions comes right out of their own pocket?

I'd like to see Article 60 revamped that way the people who are trapped at black hole facilities that are hard to escape from get a chance to possibly move on. Maybe ingrade or +2 levels, something. You put in the time whether you want to or not, might as well try something for those people.

I'd like to see Article 60 revamped that way the people who are trapped at black hole facilities that are hard to escape from get a chance to possibly move on. Maybe ingrade or +2 levels, something. You put in the time whether you want to or not, might as well try something for those people.
It does include ingrade, but I 1000000% agree on +/- 2 levels. Get rid of the restriction on hardships too. It’s the controller’s fault for not certifying at the facility they hardshipped to.

It does include ingrade, but I 1000000% agree on +/- 2 levels. Get rid of the restriction on hardships too. It’s the controller’s fault for not certifying at the facility they hardshipped to.
What hardship restriction is this in reference to

Here we go in solidarity again for everyone else but their own. NATCA sure does good recognizing other unions trying to negotiate but can’t fight the good fight anymore. What about those airline profits NATCA??? And everyone else making a profit on the backs of controllers day in and day out. Raise when?

Attachments

• 9712E8B1-E8C1-45BA-BBF2-EE19379DD9CA.png
    9712E8B1-E8C1-45BA-BBF2-EE19379DD9CA.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 50794922-9573-43AA-A00C-D5E3BC77EC87.png
    50794922-9573-43AA-A00C-D5E3BC77EC87.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 38
Here we go in solidarity again for everyone else but their own. NATCA sure does good recognizing other unions trying to negotiate but can’t fight the good fight anymore. What about those airline profits NATCA??? And everyone else making a profit on the backs of controllers day in and day out. Raise when?
Social club gonna social club

The cap of +3 levels.
Honestly idk how you fix A99. The union would never support losing it. Of course, they shouldn’t.
The NRP turned it into the most scammed article in the contract.
Receiving facilities don’t like being forced to take someone either.
You don’t have to be CPC to hardship, so it would explode without a cap, every new hire would just file for a 12 as a level 5 academy grad.

Honestly idk how you fix A99. The union would never support losing it. Of course, they shouldn’t.
The NRP turned it into the most scammed article in the contract.
Receiving facilities don’t like being forced to take someone either.
You don’t have to be CPC to hardship, so it would explode without a cap, every new hire would just file for a 12 as a level 5 academy grad.
You present a good point Move78.

How dare NATCA support other unions! They haven't met every unreasonable demand of the randos on this forum.

I'm honestly wondering how many of you are actually management just trying to stir shit.
Let’s be honest NATCA has been neutered since the white book and their push for collaboration. Mick is pointing out the lack of focus on our pay and how we are falling behind. Let’s see if they can step up or continue to be a social club that wants their hands in everything, CWG, blah blah what people need and want is more pay and better working conditions….less OT and less 6 day workweeks.

Centers will be the largest amount of A124 transfers as they have the most employees and they are all level 10+. For example, if I had started at any center, I’d hypothetically be eligible to leave Summer of 2025. Now, I’m not eligible to leave Hell until summer 2028 and that’s assuming A124 is kept in the contract past the end of June 2026.

Out of the 70 CPCs (with 2 of those on A114 duties) locally:
- 2 are on age waivers and will retire later this year/early 2024
- 3 more are eligible for A124 now and eligible to retire, but won’t transfer (will for sure be gone by Summer 2028 )
- 7 more are eligible to retire by Summer 2028 (3 claim to be leaving when eligible because of added military time in their pensions)
- 6 out of 15 eligible, for A124 by Summer 2028, will transfer out assuming A124 still exists

On paper, if the facility is working with 70/102, there will be 14 additional losses by Summer 2028 with only 6 trying to leave on A124. One pickup a NCEPT panel isn’t going to make up for the employee attrition rate…

The closer the Agency gets to 2030 and beyond, larger and larger numbers of people will become eligible, bail out, and retire especially those at higher level facilities that have been short staffed and/or upper management has treated like shit year after year.

Back
Top Bottom