Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting on an academy date, so excuse my ignorance, but wtf happened here. Would a controller ever be put to work without full knowledge of the airspace/airport they are working? or are these pilots just idiots?
Sometimes the briefing doesn’t happen before a procedure change. Sometimes the briefing isn’t read before duty. But something like this they should probably have it printed out in the cab and briefed before the controller takes the position. And if it’s not the controller should probably be calling the sup asking wtf is up as soon as the guy asks for it

Sometimes the briefing doesn’t happen before a procedure change. Sometimes the briefing isn’t read before duty. But something like this they should probably have it printed out in the cab and briefed before the controller takes the position. And if it’s not the controller should probably be calling the sup asking wtf is up as soon as the guy asks for it
Gotchya. So this controller was definitely being a bit of an ass.

Gotchya. So this controller was definitely being a bit of an ass.
They both were. The pilot should have stopped after informing the controller they had used it for a couple days since being renamed. The controller should have said I will make some calls to figure this out, until then landing will be at your own risk. You will find most facilities will have outdated information under the glass at positions often. And if he relieved someone off the midnight shift those briefings tend to be short as hell since that guy is trying to gtfo.

Maybe the supervisor didn’t know what was going on either. That is always a possibility.

I particularly like how many of the comments reference the “..I won’t clear you to land there all day ” line the controller gave. What’s the big deal with that anyway? The helicopter was never cleared to land initially, so what’s it matter if he isn’t cleared to land later on into the day?

Maybe the supervisor didn’t know what was going on either. That is always a possibility.

I particularly like how many of the comments reference the “..I won’t clear you to land there all day ” line the controller gave. What’s the big deal with that anyway? The helicopter was never cleared to land initially, so what’s it matter if he isn’t cleared to land later on into the day?
For sure. I’d def make sure I checked my pre duties/cedar before putting the pilot on blast tho! ?

a big one for us is they’ll add a new approach but the tech people won’t add the IAF to the scope in time

Anyone who has worked at a tower knows that it’s not uncommon for the airport to make changes to the layout of stuff and not tell anyone. It’s a bit extreme for them to rename a taxiway that’s a control area and not tell anyone but I wouldn’t put it past some airport ops departments.

I'm still waiting on an academy date, so excuse my ignorance, but wtf happened here. Would a controller ever be put to work without full knowledge of the airspace/airport they are working? or are these pilots just idiots?
This sounds to me like someone that didn't get a brief on a closure/reopening/renaming of a portion of a taxiway. As previously stated, it's not totally out of line for something like this to happen at airport ops' whim and atc not knowing till the day of, and cab materials and briefs aren't always 100 percent up to date.

It probably *should* have been briefed (or it was in a CEDAR memo and didn't get checked, been guilty of this myself enough times to know it's a possibility), but in the event it wasn't..... As the controller stated it's his ass on the line if the pilot lands and hits something or damages his aircraft with blowing construction debris etc by clearing him to land in what he isn't fully certain is an open for use and an actual movement area. It's pretty standard to land helos in non movement areas at most places I've worked, and it's common phraseology for a helo pilot to hear. The pilot should not have balked at hearing it, and the controller could have done a better job of explaining why he wasn't clearing him from the jump, but there's really nothing out of the ordinary about anything that happened there besides the petty arguing.

It's been a while since there's been a good controversy on here.
Biden defeated the ChinaVirus singlehandedly and trainees have nothing to bitch about anymore because training has resumed.
Which of you fucks is still double masking at work?
I’ve seen a few of them. Vaccinated plus the double mask, yet they still call out sick more than anyone else in the area.

I’ve seen a few of them. Vaccinated plus the double mask, yet they still call out sick more than anyone else in the area.
I thought there was only the few at my facility that did that and they were the “special” ones. Kinda makes it interesting because your VaCiNaTeD?! I don’t hate on them, I just don’t let what others do bother me anymore.

Th
I thought there was only the few at my facility that did that and they were the “special” ones. Kinda makes it interesting because your VaCiNaTeD?! I don’t hate on them, I just don’t let what others do bother me anymore.
They’re just virtue signaling at this point

Reactions: twn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom