The Great Sitcom War

Oh hell no.....need a mod to ban this guy ASAP, don’t need his type around here!
Both top tier sitcoms, office is definitely also excellent. I just think start to finish parks and rec is more consistently funny, where the office kinda dropped off pretty bad those last few seasons.

Both top tier sitcoms, office is definitely also excellent. I just think start to finish parks and rec is more consistently funny, where the office kinda dropped off pretty bad those last few seasons.
I do like Parks and Rec, but it took a good 5 episodes to be sucked in. The office was instant! Ron Swanson is a personal hero though.....

Parks and rec is better than the office. Fight me.
When parks and rec is funny it is funnier than the office. Problem is the office is consistently funny in just about every episode throughout each episode where I don’t feel the same about Parks and Rec. I love both tho

Parks and rec is better than the office. Fight me.
I do like Parks and Rec, but it took a good 5 episodes to be sucked in. The office was instant! Ron Swanson is a personal hero though.....
When parks and rec is funny it is funnier than the office. Problem is the office is consistently funny in just about every episode throughout each episode where I don’t feel the same about Parks and Rec. I love both tho
Parks and Rec is definitely #1 in my heart between those 2. The Office struggled in their later seasons, they tried to keep the cash cow going and it shows. Granted, the worst season of The Office (probably 8, IMO) still beats most normal shows any day of the week. P&R knew when to end their run and the show never wore out its welcome. It's heart and sentimentality was as big of a factor as its comedy. If you didn't want to be invested in the characters you watched or weren't willing to be emotional with them, then I can see why some people liked The Office better.

How I Met Your Mother definitely suffered from its own success; dragging on for far too many seasons because it was a ratings giant for CBS. It became a studio sitcom with hardly any real story progression for about 4 seasons. Also, the ending can go take a long walk off a short pier.

Brooklyn 99 is fantastic and is treated far more poorly than it should be. I am not an Andy Samberg fan, but the entire cast is dynamite and it is the best thing he has ever done.

Also, The Good Place. Masterpiece. Contends with P&R for me with the amount of comedy and heart and sentimentality; plus I love the philosophical/existential quandaries they tackled.

Back
Top Bottom