UAW were on Strike for 6 weeks and....

Imagine explaining to someone your job and how much you make.

You work 48 hours a week and make over 200k and you spend over half your shift on break. Shut the fuck up.
I work 8 hours a day and make no where near 200K... As a matter of fact if I made 200K I would be happy... I have had paperwork in to several higher level facility for about half a decade and have yet to get transferred. Just because you are overpaid doesn't mean everyone is. Your points are always anecdotal.

I work 8 hours a day and make no where near 200K... As a matter of fact if I made 200K I would be happy... I have had paperwork in to several higher level facility for about half a decade and have yet to get transferred. Just because you are overpaid doesn't mean everyone is. Your points are always anecdotal.
I’ve got over 300 hours of OT this year and don’t make 200k 🤷‍♂️

Brothers, you both deserve better. Ignore and downvote the hall monitor troll! They thrive off negative attention. 💙🫡

the comical part is that there are 8760 hours in a year... If you worked all 8760 hours and everything over the 40 hour work week was OT at $50 an hour ($75) OT pay... You would make about 600K a year.

Literally no sleep and getting paid for every hour you are alive throughout the year...

But a computer engineer at Facebook makes 4 times that for working 40 hours a week.

200K is irrelevant though (even though where im at that would be a massive raise. I want enough money to pay my mortgage...visit family... go on vacation... pay for health insurance... life insurance... and save some money for when I retire.

I’d highly recommend this book for anyone interested in this topic. It’s been years since I’ve read it but from what I remember there are interesting parallels between what led to the strike and what’s happening now. For example: controllers felt overworked, underpaid, underrepresented, and were having to deal with aging equipment. They also felt they were dealing with a friendly administration (they endorsed Reagan) and most thought there was zero chance they’d all be fired.

For those that don’t want to click the link the book is called Collision Course: Ronald Reagan, the Air Traffic Controllers, and the Strike that Changed America by Joseph A. McCartin.

I think if everyone worked 48 hours a week and made over 200K there would be virtually no complaining. In the private sector basically jobs that pay 200K are salaried and almost all those people work 50+ hours a week. But most people don’t make close to that even with the OT, and most people outside of centers are not where they want to be, and with no real prospects of that changing, we have what we have.

I think if everyone worked 48 hours a week and made over 200K there would be virtually no complaining. In the private sector basically jobs that pay 200K are salaried and almost all those people work 50+ hours a week. But most people don’t make close to that even with the OT, and most people outside of centers are not where they want to be, and with no real prospects of that changing, we have what we have.
And that’s the exact reason the agency is going to have a burning dumpster fire on their hands worse than now once this next batch of controllers starts becoming eligible for retirement.
Take all the free money: pension, SS bridge and go work part time if wanted and live where they want to live after being stuck for so long.

This is actually worked, not all the stuff assigned that I swapped out or ended early or maybe banged out.
pp24 puts me at 130ish gross. Raise when?

No list pp 1-17
140+15 OT

Yes list pp 18-24
140+45

You work 8 hours a day and spend over half your shift on break? You poor thing.
This is actually worked, not all the stuff assigned that I swapped out or ended early or maybe banged out.
pp24 puts me at 130ish gross. Raise when?

No list pp 1-17
140+15 OT

Yes list pp 18-24
140+45
how do you afford to live?

Back
Top Bottom