UAW were on Strike for 6 weeks and....

You work 8 hours a day and spend over half your shift on break? You poor thing.

how do you afford to live?
Hey man. There’s no reason to pick on people. You don’t know where people live and what facility they are at. Many of us are not on break that much and have to work short most days. I know there are a few facilities that are decently staffed and they work less than 4 hours per day on position. I’m guessing you’re at one of those. Consider yourself blessed. But to belittle and look down on others ain’t right. It’s time to rise up to support and have compassion on one another and ask RAISE WHEN for the betterment of our career.

You work 8 hours a day and spend over half your shift on break? You poor thing.

I don’t even spend 25% of my time on break… if I spent 2 hours on break I’d be over joyed.

The average mortgage is 430K… that is average not even Cali or NYC cost. So easily 3,500 mortgage

Those poor poor lvl 5s and below looking at this thread where everyone makes 100 plus lmao
Yeah, the level 5S are thinking … WTF I make 65k a year

Boots probably is one of those people who had a fucking 1k mortgage because he was born at the right time, before inflation was an absolute fucking train wreck.

I'm in a relatively low CoL area and ik people who have around 1k/m mortgages for 4 br houses. Meanwhile, the people entering the agency now, who want to buy a house, would find that same house for 2.2 to 2.7k/m

318 hours of OT at a low level shit hole and I’m just over 100k gross. I won’t be working this much OT next year. Not worth it.
It’s a catch 22 though right? Don’t you have to work all the OT you can at a low level shithole just to get a decent salary? I’m not at too much a higher level then you, but I work most of the OT I get a call for to try to build up at least 100-150 hours a year to match 2019 buying power and pretend I got a real raise not the 1.6% and COLA raises half of real COLA.

It’s a catch 22 though right? Don’t you have to work all the OT you can at a low level shithole just to get a decent salary? I’m not at too much a higher level then you, but I work most of the OT I get a call for to try to build up at least 100-150 hours a year to match 2019 buying power and pretend I got a real raise not the 1.6% and COLA raises half of real COLA.
It is a catch 22. I’ve made more this year, but my purchasing power is roughly the same even with all the OT. My sanity is taking a big hit and I need a break.

My facility assigns OT on a mid shift so you “can’t” or are less likely to bang it. It’s been 3 years of the same shitty OT plan. We’ve lost more controllers and DEVs to hardships/DOD/sup bids than we’ve gained during this time period. I’m burnt.

I’m up 2x on OT from last year and I’m completely over it. It’s just not worth it. It’s frustrating that jackasses like this boots character argue that everything is good with this career and pay is fine. I’m constantly working short, getting paid shit, and showing up 6 days a week with absolutely zero light at the end of the tunnel to transfer. I’ve spent almost 40 days extra working this year and nothing is changing. Barely breaking 100k. This shit is draining. I’ll take my 2 days off and shit paychecks.

It is a catch 22. I’ve made more this year, but my purchasing power is roughly the same even with all the OT. My sanity is taking a big hit and I need a break.

My facility assigns OT on a mid shift so you “can’t” or are less likely to bang it. It’s been 3 years of the same shitty OT plan. We’ve lost more controllers and DEVs to hardships/DOD/sup bids than we’ve gained during this time period. I’m burnt.

I’m up 2x on OT from last year and I’m completely over it. It’s just not worth it. It’s frustrating that jackasses like this boots character argue that everything is good with this career and pay is fine. I’m constantly working short, getting paid shit, and showing up 6 days a week with absolutely zero light at the end of the tunnel to transfer. I’ve spent almost 40 days extra working this year and nothing is changing. Barely breaking 100k. This shit is draining. I’ll take my 2 days off and shit paychecks.
IMG_5090.jpeg
I wasn’t going to post it but since you brought him up this was leaked footage from Boots Thanksgiving dinner in Southern California. Do you know he faked being “high risk” and got 18 free months off of level 12 paying during COVID?

I’d highly recommend this book for anyone interested in this topic. It’s been years since I’ve read it but from what I remember there are interesting parallels between what led to the strike and what’s happening now. For example: controllers felt overworked, underpaid, underrepresented, and were having to deal with aging equipment. They also felt they were dealing with a friendly administration (they endorsed Reagan) and most thought there was zero chance they’d all be fired.

For those that don’t want to click the link the book is called Collision Course: Ronald Reagan, the Air Traffic Controllers, and the Strike that Changed America by Joseph A. McCartin.
100% This book should be mandatory reading for anyone involved in the Union. Starts with why PATCO was created, its odd start, its rise and fall and into NATCAs birth. This book is invaluable information you can't find anywhere else.

Anyone who answers on these forums with the blanket "we can't strike it's illegal" hasn't read this book and knows nothing of the history of unions is this country.

Some of the most effective job actions and strikes in history with American unions were illegal.

If you're in here thinking PATCO was dumb and had no shot in succeeding,I truly urge you read this book.

100% This book should be mandatory reading for anyone involved in the Union. Starts with why PATCO was created, its odd start, its rise and fall and into NATCAs birth. This book is invaluable information you can't find anywhere else.

Anyone who answers on these forums with the blanket "we can't strike it's illegal" hasn't read this book and knows nothing of the history of unions is this country.

Some of the most effective job actions and strikes in history with American unions were illegal.

If you're in here thinking PATCO was dumb and had no shot in succeeding,I truly urge you read this book.
I just ordered it. Now I have a week to learn how to read.

That’s only a brand new CPC at a level four with rest of the US locality. That has to be rare or not real, the level fours are generally the best staffed.
A best staffed level four doesn't mean shit when management decides out of their ass to mandate six people manning a day and keep the C split to the maximum extent possible to handle 1 aircraft per hour. When you factor the facility is a revolving door for NCEPT, 300 hours of OT will probably be common. Morons I'd tell you.

UAW was on strike for 6 weeks.. UAW has approximately 400,000 members. I'm curious how much your life changed over those 6 weeks the 400K UAW members were on strike and got a 25% raise for the HIGHEST paid workers and 160% for the LOWEST paid workers. Could you not find parts for your vehicle to repair it? Did you go to a dealership and unable to purchase a vehicle? What exactly changed for you?

If 12,500 (All of ATC) Air Traffic Controllers were gone for 6 weeks.. lets say from now to the New Year. How much of an immediate impact would that have on the average American's life compared to 400K UAW members?
I don't know if it could certainly be attributed to this strike, but one of my vehicles (2023 Kia) was involved in a hit and run collision near the end of October. Other vehicle uninsured, and we didn't have uninsured motorist coverage or rental coverage. The vehicle took about 3 weeks to repair due to a wait for parts to be delivered. This cost me around $700 for a rental during this time period. Not sure how different it would have been if there was no strike.

I don't know if it could certainly be attributed to this strike, but one of my vehicles (2023 Kia) was involved in a hit and run collision near the end of October. Other vehicle uninsured, and we didn't have uninsured motorist coverage or rental coverage. The vehicle took about 3 weeks to repair due to a wait for parts to be delivered. This cost me around $700 for a rental during this time period. Not sure how different it would have been if there was no strike.

Kia workers didn’t strike and 3 weeks for an insurance repair is actually pretty fast.

We should strike. My Dad works for a UAW job, they get quadruple time on holidays, double time on Sundays, etc... the "it's illegal
Imagine explaining to someone your job and how much you make.

You work 48 hours a week and make over 200k and you spend over half your shift on break. Shut the fuck u

Those poor poor lvl 5s and below looking at this thread where everyone makes 100 plus lmao
Why do you have do be an asshole?

Back
Top Bottom