What do you want to see in the next contract and beyond?

A real union doesn't negotiate on what they're willing to give up, they negotiate on what they're willing to fight for and what the economic harm that the lack of their labor can cause. NATCA isn't a real union, but it doesn't mean they can't behave similar to one when needed.

NATCA Contract Negotiator: *lays out details on demands for new contract and why stated demands are necessary*

FAA Contract Negotiator: "Well we can't/won't do most of these things. But, what are you willing to give up for some of these smaller items?"

NATCA Contract Negotiator: "If you aren't willing to negotiate in good faith then I believe we need to adjourn for the day and meet again tomorrow morning."

Questionable break room pizza appears at a core facility or a core cargo hub; afternoon shift is incapacitated and facility goes atc-0/limited leading to a 24-hour compression of delays and cancellations.

*Next Day*

NATCA Contract Negotiator: "Thoughts and prayers for all those impacted by the delays, cancellations, and loss of national GDP. Now, where were we?"

Rinse and repeat.
I'm so sick of hearing everyone saying what will natca give up as if a union is supposed to give up anything, a unions whole job is to constantly fight for better working conditions/pay

I'm so sick of hearing everyone saying what will natca give up as if a union is supposed to give up anything, a unions whole job is to constantly fight for better working conditions/pay
And how the UAW most recently handled their strike tactics are a blueprint for how a lot of national labor organizations should be handling negotiations:

UAW made their demands.
Big 3 balked, stalled, and thought they would call bluff.
UAW initiated strikes at select facilities to display strength and mobility.
Big 3 immediately gave concessions.
Both parties came back to negotiations and moved on to other items.
Negotiations broke down on different demands.
UAW expanded strike to other critical profit centers.
Big 3 gave more concessions.
Both parties came back to the table and resumed negotiations.
Negotiations broke down again.
UAW expanded strike to largest profit centers for Big 3; still only mobilizing a small percentage of their members.
Big 3 gave more concessions; albeit smaller concessions.
UAW leadership believed they squeezed as much as they could without damaging long-term relations and put the new contract to a vote.

Non-UAW automakers immediately gave raises and increased benefits to their non-unionized workforce because the UAWs threat and effectiveness was that tangible. UAW is now attempting to unionize as many of those places because they are already planning for when the contract expires and know their power if they have 20% higher membership to call upon to walk the line.

NATCA, if led properly, is in a position to give up nothing and gain everything. It doesn't take a MENSA-level IQ; just enough intelligence to know when you have the upper hand, enough leverage to use it, and enough charm to do it all with a smile on your face.

Words of wisdom from the syphilitic brain of Al Capone: "You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."

A real union doesn't negotiate on what they're willing to give up, they negotiate on what they're willing to fight for and what the economic harm that the lack of their labor can cause. NATCA isn't a real union, but it doesn't mean they can't behave similar to one when needed.

NATCA Contract Negotiator: *lays out details on demands for new contract and why stated demands are necessary*

FAA Contract Negotiator: "Well we can't/won't do most of these things. But, what are you willing to give up for some of these smaller items?"

NATCA Contract Negotiator: "If you aren't willing to negotiate in good faith then I believe we need to adjourn for the day and meet again tomorrow morning."

Questionable break room pizza appears at a core facility or a core cargo hub; afternoon shift is incapacitated and facility goes atc-0/limited leading to a 24-hour compression of delays and cancellations.

*Next Day*

NATCA Contract Negotiator: "Thoughts and prayers for all those impacted by the delays, cancellations, and loss of national GDP. Now, where were we?"

Rinse and repeat.
Ha if only it were that easy. This isn’t some John Wayne Hollywood drama. The utopia you describe leaves out a lot of situational awareness and history.

*Next Day*

Rinse and repeat.
This is an illegal job action. Have you ever negotiated anything? Has anyone one this board ever negotiated anything? That’s probably a question for all the supes on here because the rest of the non members don’t do shit on behalf of anyone else.

This is an illegal job action. Have you ever negotiated anything? Has anyone one this board ever negotiated anything? That’s probably a question for all the supes on here because the rest of the non members don’t do shit on behalf of anyone else.
I negotiate for my Union breaks :)

It's only an illegal job action if NATCA coordinates it/takes credit for it.

It's only an illegal job action if NATCA coordinates it/takes credit for it.

Its not like the guys you are negotiating with care. Its not their money and they can't get fired by shareholders. You end up hoping the president is sympathetic and let's everything go to arbitration smoothly. And then you hope arbitration doesn't just split the baby.

You guys are all talking like you have no idea how white book happened
White book can never happen again. It’s in law to never allow that to happen again.

And how would this non-illegal job action be coordinated if NATCA didn’t do it?
Everyone stop showing up for their overtime shifts. It wouldn’t take much if NATCA actually went to the table the workforce would be hyper aware of what is going on without being told to do anything.

*Next Day*

Rinse and repeat.
Yeah but that's a pipe dream.
Half of the union people would eat pizza and not get the hint.
75% of the people that got the hint wouldn't participate.
Things aren't bad enough (yet) to warrant anything like that at most facilities.

The union doesn't have the strength or communication to pull that type of negotiation-perhaps you can change my mind.

I get n90 did it for ojti and showed us what is possible....but nobody cares. It's a cesspool of favorites celebrating the greatest contract ever. That's why we renewed it after all. But I digress how do we accomplish your totally not a work action plan without breaking the law?

Everyone stop showing up for their overtime shifts. It wouldn’t take much if NATCA actually went to the table the workforce would be hyper aware of what is going on without being told to do anything.
When the Union was coordinating an illegal strike they didn’t even meet their goal for striking members. You actually think non-natca can coordinate a large job action? It sounds good. However, maybe it doesn’t need to be a nationwide thing, a few Core 30s could put the pressure on in today’s environment

And how would this non-illegal job action be coordinated if NATCA didn’t do it?
But I digress how do we accomplish your totally not a work action plan without breaking the law?
Listen, I know I grew up as a fat geek loser in the 90's/2000's alongside the internet through its infancy; but ya'll have either never been gaslighted before or have been gaslit too well to know it happened. :rofl:
Its not like the guys you are negotiating with care. Its not their money and they can't get fired by shareholders. You end up hoping the president is sympathetic and let's everything go to arbitration smoothly. And then you hope arbitration doesn't just split the baby.
That's why you argue over triplets and then you get 1.5 babies! :cool:
Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

Back
Top Bottom