A80

That makes sense. We were up that way earlier this year and the construction was pretty bad. I promised myself to never have an hour plus commute again, especially if we ever make it up that way.

That makes sense. We were up that way earlier this year and the construction was pretty bad. I promised myself to never have an hour plus commute again, especially if we ever make it up that way.
From Newnan, 25-30 minutes.
PTC: 10-15
Tyrone:15-20
Senoia: 10-15

Those numbers are staggering, but not surprising. It seems like extremely congested, and busy, airspace. It makes sense why you guys need people there (ref other thread). Hell, I would love to go to A80 as my first fac, but I know I would be quickly humbled. Random question, where do most of you guys live that work at A80? I've heard Peachtree City is the place to go for most ZTL controllers.

Most of them live in Peachtree City and drive their golf carts to work! haha.JK about the golf cart part to work- but if you live there you have to have one! It's a unique town and great place to raise a family (good schools, golf courses, shopping, etc). Kind of expensive, I'm sure some of them live in Newnan too. It's the next city over.

Most of them live in Peachtree City and drive their golf carts to work! haha.JK about the golf cart part to work- but if you live there you have to have one! It's a unique town and great place to raise a family (good schools, golf courses, shopping, etc). Kind of expensive, I'm sure some of them live in Newnan too. It's the next city over.

Making ZTL or A80 pay with ATL locality, I would be willing to live in a more expensive city for the benefit of the family.

Well that sounds less than ideal. Are you still on mandatory six days?
I've been assigned a six day work week every week (except on scheduled leave mid 2013-now) for over three years as a non volunteer. You used to get 1-4 weeks off in January to February, when no one takes leaves, but not the last two years for sure.

Also, we just bid our DAILY staffing number... Let that sink in for a minute...

Last edited:
I don't know what that means.
We just bid the number of CPCs that our facility requires on a daily basis to run at 100%. If every single CPC worked six day work weeks with zero leave (annual or sick), we would all work Monday through Saturday and be closed every Sunday.

We just bid the number of CPCs that our facility requires on a daily basis to run at 100%. If every single CPC worked six day work weeks with zero leave (annual or sick), we would all work Monday through Saturday and be closed every Sunday.
Facility I'm at used to run with 13-14 controllers on every shift with overtime called in if someone was on leave. We're now using overtime to staff to 8-9 people on each shift, with some shifts running 7 people, because there isn't anyone else that's eligible to be assigned OT.

For you to run at 100%, do you mean all radar positions/scopes open or just the ones that are normally open?

Facility I'm at used to run with 13-14 controllers on every shift with overtime called in if someone was on leave. We're now using overtime to staff to 8-9 people on each shift, with some shifts running 7 people, because there isn't anyone else that's eligible to be assigned OT.

For you to run at 100%, do you mean all radar positions/scopes open or just the ones that are normally open?
100% means you're staffing to cover for IFR conditions for the day and evening shifts plus the two controller bodies needed for the mid.
CSG (1), MCN (1), AHN (1), SAT (2-3), FD (1), DEPT (2), TAR (3), AR (3), MON (3)= 17/18 positions normally required to be staffed, at all times, in IMC conditions. If we opened every position, (sun n fun, Super Bowl, big college football game(s), etc) you could easily add another 4-6 bodies needed, on operational positions, without counting on the OM assigning someone to any CIC positions. We cannot run Triple Simultaneous Instrument Approaches without three separate final controllers and three separate monitors (runways are too close to one another). So you need nine staffed positions on the approach wall whenever we go to TRIPS in marginal or IMC conditions.
Let's say we bid 56 CPCs (we bid 57)...
You have 8 people off every single day (Everyone is working six day work weeks and no one takes annual leave)
56-8= 48
2 for the mid
48-2= 46
Available bodies for the day
21/4/21

Where are you at these days?

Last edited:
100% means you're staffing to cover for IFR conditions for the day and evening shifts plus the two controller bodies needed for the mid.
CSG (1), MCN (1), AHN (1), SAT (2-3), FD (1), DEPT (2), TAR (3), AR (3), MON (3)= 17/18 positions normally required to be staffed, at all times, in IMC conditions. If we opened every position, (sun n fun, Super Bowl, big college football game(s), etc) you could easily add another 4-6 bodies needed, on operational positions, without counting on the OM assigning someone to any CIC positions. We cannot run Triple Simultaneous Instrument Approaches without three separate final controllers and three separate monitors (runways are too close to one another). So you need nine staffed positions on the approach wall whenever we go to TRIPS in marginal or IMC conditions.
You have 8 people off every single day (Everyone is working six day work weeks and no one takes annual leave)
56-8= 48
2 for the mid
48-2= 46
21/4/21

Cool, that clears it up quite a bit!
I'm at Corpus Christi.

56-8= 48
2 for the mid
48-2= 46
21/4/21

More hat tricks! #bts

Back
Top Bottom