A80/MIA/ZOA MOU

In reference to the new MOU that came out today:

Does this apply for Non CPCs that are previous experience, certified in a tower, and partially certified in a radar updown fac? cant find it stating needs to be CPC.

If so, where do I sign up!? Since I’m not CPC would I need to jump through hoops to get there? I’m highly interested. My family and I have been try so hard to get back home to FL. Thank you for your time!

In reference to the new MOU that came out today:

Does this apply for Non CPCs that are previous experience, certified in a tower, and partially certified in a radar updown fac? cant find it stating needs to be CPC.

If so, where do I sign up!? Since I’m not CPC would I need to jump through hoops to get there? I’m highly interested. My family and I have been try so hard to get back home to FL. Thank you for your time!
No.

ATSA needs to be replaced with 2nd grade reading comprehension tests. This is for moving up release dates for people already selected, nothing else.
Correct. IIRC, this has no effect on any future movement for these 3 facilities.

This is untrue. Also there are 0 people awaiting release for ZOA
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

“Section 5. Employees who transfer under the provisions of this Agreement and do not achieve full certification, other than those that have an approved hardship with an available vacancy, will be transferred back to their prior facility and will not be processed in accordance with the EMP 1.14a.”

No nest scamming is that right? Unless my atsa comprehension skills failed me 🤔

“Section 5. Employees who transfer under the provisions of this Agreement and do not achieve full certification, other than those that have an approved hardship with an available vacancy, will be transferred back to their prior facility and will not be processed in accordance with the EMP 1.14a.”

No nest scamming is that right? Unless my atsa comprehension skills failed me 🤔
Correct

This is for moving up release dates for people already selected, nothing else.
While I agree with you regarding the fact that section 2, as written, supports your statement, I don't think that was the intent. Whomever drafted this did a piss poor job in my opinion. If this was meant to only apply to those that have already been selected, why would they include the language in section 8 regarding the MOU terminating? If this only applies to people already selected, there would be no need for that language.

While I agree with you regarding the fact that section 2, as written, supports your statement, I don't think that was the intent. Whomever drafted this did a piss poor job in my opinion. If this was meant to only apply to those that have already been selected, why would they include the language in section 8 regarding the MOU terminating? If this only applies to people already selected, there would be no need for that language.
already been selected as in this has nothing to do with providing an avenue for being selected. it just modifies the release policy for those selected under the normal process. not "only current TOL holders".

It does appear the intent of this new MOU would be to get more bodies to these places but it does indeed appear to be worded as MJ describes. The old A80/LAX MOU specifically states that release dates provided shall not be subject to the provisions of the National Releases Policy. This new one does not mention anything like that. However, I do think that was probably just an oversight and they will be making selections from red facilities.

It does appear the intent of this new MOU would be to get more bodies to these places but it does indeed appear to be worded as MJ describes. The old A80/LAX MOU specifically states that release dates provided shall not be subject to the provisions of the National Releases Policy. This new one does not mention anything like that. However, I do think that was probably just an oversight and they will be making selections from red facilities.
Dynamic decisions

FAA management is terrified of CPCs leaving Core30 facilities outside of NCEPT. Take a CPC from most 8 and up radar facilities to MIA/A80 every 6 months and see what that looks like.

Tis the season! MOU season is upon us in earnest (told ya). They're now signing MOUs at will & more will be cranked out SOON. Between this MOU to get bodies into facilities that badly need them, and the upcoming pay MOU, lots of action from National these days. Apparently this MOU may also eventually allow for pulling from red facilities (facilities below 85% on board & projected). A80 & MIA got tired of only getting level 4 simps showing up who cant even check out on FD! They're ready to get some controllers who can actually certify. 100% it is NOT the case that the intent of this MOU was to only affect those w current TOL's to expedite to these 3 facilities. The MOU was obviously poorly written. Stay tuned for a clarification on this MOU forthwith + MORE MOUS! RAZEWEN

They should be selecting above the national average anyway like was intended. Not allowing the agency to pull this 85% bullshit while deviating them into management. If the union wants to protect the workers, they should focus on keeping them in cpc positions and not feeling forced into management. It also allows the FAA to lock it down for staffing, while patting themselves on the back because there is no staffing crisis. It’s one or the other. If it’s too bad to allow CPC movement, it’s too bad to allow movement into management

already been selected as in this has nothing to do with providing an avenue for being selected. it just modifies the release policy for those selected under the normal process. not "only current TOL holders".
Does that then mean that the C90/N90 MOU is being misapplied? Because they pull from red facilities to allow for transfers to those. The wording in these two MOUs are nearly identical.

Back
Top Bottom