A80

Well damn...We we're going to be eligible, but just found out today some guy got a waiver for a TMU job and they asked for him to leave Sept. 3rd. This f-ing sucks.
Yea gotta do some research to get it all figured out. Unless he drops your projected number below national average, he will still be counted as AOB manning

I thought they can still update prior to the board? Meaning he'll be gone from current CPC or added to projected which either way I think it eliminates us.
It locks on the 21st, if you can release 1 person on the 21st, a dozen people could drop paperwork to retire on the 22nd, effective immediately, and you'd still be able to release 1.

If your facility is eligible, you'll be selected as we can't prevent you from coming here, regardless of your background. Hell, the dude from Poughkeepsie is currently at RTF/TSEW making 50% pay increase and per diem to go do a pass/pass in OKC... Great use of funds there! Maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't. The statistics say that no one from a tower only (except ATL) has ever certified here as their first radar facility in the FAA. Then again, the facility used to not give everyone a thousand plus hours to certify either...

What's the deal with the open bid like C90/N90? A80 is #5 on NCEPT priority list and per the PPT A80 has a smaller training success rate percentage than C90 yet no bid. Doesn't make sense.

I would certainly consider bidding to A80 if one does become available. (Coming from level 9 up/down) Even though 2 friends of mine have went there and washed and another has his first day tomorrow lol.

What's the deal with the open bid like C90/N90? A80 is #5 on NCEPT priority list and per the PPT A80 has a smaller training success rate percentage than C90 yet no bid. Doesn't make sense.

I would certainly consider bidding to A80 if one does become available. (Coming from level 9 up/down) Even though 2 friends of mine have went there and washed and another has his first day tomorrow lol.
I'm sure @Robertb could give you insider info. Outside looking in, the moment A80 shows up on the same list is the same day the C90/N90 list effectively dies. In terms of cost of living, desirability, bang for your buck, etc. A80 blows the other two out of the water.

I haven't looked recently, how much longer until your facility is able to release someone? A80 would be a pretty safe bet according to the priority list, but if multiple people apply there from where you're at now, it all comes down to the manager ranking list on who gets selected.
But if you apply to C90, you wouldn't have to wait for your current staffing level to improve.

You're thinking like we've been thinking now for years. Our projected staffing is worse than C90's current staffing yet no priority release or paid move bid... The statistics show that over 64% of transfers from a level 9 or higher have certified since 2010. Not too bad honestly, but you'll have to give it everything to be successful here.

If your facility is eligible, you'll be selected as we can't prevent you from coming here, regardless of your background. Hell, the dude from Poughkeepsie is currently at RTF/TSEW making 50% pay increase and per diem to go do a pass/pass in OKC... Great use of funds there! Maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't. The statistics say that no one from a tower only (except ATL) has ever certified here as their first radar facility in the FAA. Then again, the facility used to not give everyone a thousand plus hours to certify either...
Yea I'm sure he is pretty happy getting shitty the whole time making over 100k with per diem included

Last edited:
I'm sure @Robertb could give you insider info. Outside looking in, the moment A80 shows up on the same list is the same day the C90/N90 list effectively dies. In terms of cost of living, desirability, bang for your buck, etc. A80 blows the other two out of the water.
To a point that's personal preference. I'd pick C90 over the other two any day. Although I already imagine within the next 5-10 years I will put in paperwork to go there.

To a point that's personal preference. I'd pick C90 over the other two any day. Although I already imagine within the next 5-10 years I will put in paperwork to go there.
You'd truly be doing the Lord's work.

Peachtree City has been ranked one of the 10 best places to live in the US. There's a reason A80 had a plethora of applicants when they were last able to have a bid and there's a reason they still struggle to staff C90/N90 even when they have a continuous bid out with a paid move. You could argue that the past two years have been the most restrictive in terms of CPC movement. Even with the restrictions of the NCEPT and C90/N90 being the only out for most, they still can't properly staff either facility.

Believe me, it's awesome you'd choose C90. Between the outrageous property taxes and hilarious other tax initiatives (seriously a penny tax for every ounce of soda?!), it's a hard sell for others. You can live like an absolute king (or queen) at A80.

There's no bid exactly because plenty of people want to go there through ERRs. No one being able to actually get picked up there, well... that's just the process working.

There's no bid exactly because plenty of people want to go there through ERRs. No one being able to actually get pickup up there, well... that's just the process working.

Attachments

• IMG_6237.jpg
    IMG_6237.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 32
I haven't looked recently, how much longer until your facility is able to release someone? A80 would be a pretty safe bet according to the priority list, but if multiple people apply there from where you're at now, it all comes down to the manager ranking list on who gets selected.
But if you apply to C90, you wouldn't have to wait for your current staffing level to improve.

Hello JZ this is JA lol. You should know now all the answers to your questions. An eternity.

Hello JZ this is JA lol. You should know now all the answers to your questions. An eternity.
Wasn't sure if you'd know me on here or not haha
I know there's people there that would/have applied to ZTL and ATL. Not sure of anyone else that would go to A80 since it's a 12 tracon. A80 won't be dropping down the list anytime soon, so as long as no one else applies for it you should be the first one out.

Wasn't sure if you'd know me on here or not haha
I know there's people there that would/have applied to ZTL and ATL. Not sure of anyone else that would go to A80 since it's a 12 tracon. A80 won't be dropping down the list anytime soon, so as long as no one else applies for it you should be the first one out.
I'm pretty sure I know of everyone who has bids in and to where, and none of them have bid to higher priority places than I have. Guess we'll see what happens if/when the time comes.

So why not put in your paperwork now? Maybe in 5-10 years C90 won't be taking transfers especially with priority releases and paid moves. I'm not saying go if you don't feel prepared, but if you're at an undesirable facility (I don't know where you are at) and are confident in certifying, this is the best time to consider moving. Everything is timing in this agency...

So why not put in your paperwork now? Maybe in 5-10 years C90 won't be taking transfers especially with priority releases and paid moves. I'm not saying go if you don't feel prepared, but if you're at an undesirable facility (I don't know where you are at) and are confident in certifying, this is the best time to consider moving. Everything is timing in this agency...
I have only been at my present facility for about 14 months. I am not one who puts in paperwork the day I certify. Besides I live in an excellent, albeit expensive, area with a ton to do. I won't get a raise by going there so there isn't much financial incentive beyond the move money. My family is in Wisconsin... I am debating if I'd rather eventually go to Chicago or Minneapolis. I'll tour eventually and make a more informed choice.

Back
Top Bottom