A80/MIA/ZOA MOU

Wow so 100 people at ZNY are putting in lol. But seriously when does it stop. They take 100 people from 4 and 5s, 80% wash. Then what
100+ can put in all they want. Only 1 gets selected every 6 months from the same facility.

I don’t know for sure but I would venture to say those facilities like most around the country are mostly getting level 7 and below guys as not many above that have been able to move. I’m not sure what their washout rates are but I don’t remember them being above 50% but might have been close to it. So obviously some of these lower level facilities can make it or the standards are just completely gone, one of the two.

Wow so 100 people at ZNY are putting in lol. But seriously when does it stop. They take 100 people from 4 and 5s, 80% wash. Then what
Didn't realize ZNY wasn't on that list. Probably a boatload that would rather be at A80 or MIA especially the younger CPCs without ties in LI. Once in a lifetime hassle-free escape opportunity.

Didn't realize ZNY wasn't on that list. Probably a boatload that would rather be at A80 or MIA especially the younger CPCs without ties in LI. Once in a lifetime hassle-free escape opportunity.
Bay Area only sucks cus of the cost. They already know what that’s like might as well get better scenery

The thing is, anyone from ZNY putting in for A80 or MIA would be at the bottom of the list behind any terminal controller. That's just common sense, unless they already have a CTO which very few would.

The thing is, anyone from ZNY putting in for A80 or MIA would be at the bottom of the list behind any terminal controller. That's just common sense, unless they already have a CTO which very few would.
Does it matter what order they rank you in if they’re just gonna pick up everybody?

Does it matter what order they rank you in if they’re just gonna pick up everybody?
Yes. Each facility can only let one person go every six months. If someone else at ZNY put in to go to ZOA and got picked up first, then nobody else from ZNY would get picked up that panel.

Not necessarily. ATMs all over the NAS be like lEveL tWElveeeeEe

ZOA will pick up everyone since I'm sure they won't be getting that many applications but A80 and MIA certainly won't. MIA has a high ratio of trainees to CPCs. They probably got on this MOU as a way to select higher quality trainees in batches of 3 or 4 per panel until staffing improves. A80 can take like 40 to get to the national average but they won't. I think they'll take a good amount on this panel and then go down to 3 or 4 per panel as well as to not overload the labs and create huge backlogs. Then again, the FAA isn't very smart about these things (See N90)

ZOA will pick up everyone since I'm sure they won't be getting that many applications but A80 and MIA certainly won't. MIA has a high ratio of trainees to CPCs. They probably got on this MOU as a way to select higher quality trainees in batches of 3 or 4 per panel until staffing improves. A80 can take like 40 to get to the national average but they won't. I think they'll take a good amount on this panel and then go down to 3 or 4 per panel as well as to not overload the labs and create huge backlogs. Then again, the FAA isn't very smart about these things (See N90)
I can’t believe ZOA even got on this MOU bc they already have about 80 trainees lol

Back
Top Bottom