Enroute Class pass rate

Most Z’s having a training success rate of 70-80%. ZNY is at 32%. There have been rumors for years of people being intentionally washed out for a variety of BS reasons. Not to mention cost of living in NY is insane.
The intentional washing out thing is shit, and put out by bitter people who couldn't hack it. Back in the day I watched 6 people wash in front of me, not one of them was for a BS reason. They all sucked. Many people I watched wash sucked. But, if you asked them, it wasn't their fault.

Now cost of living, and training delays, yeah, that's real. And there is no escape for a decade or so for the most part. And if NCEPT stays, maybe never.

Long island to some (most?) is terrible.

source: me. 11 years at zny and out pre-ncept on an ERR

I was told by an uncle who works at N90 that a lot of trainees wash out because they just dont put in the work and dont continue studying their stuff. He also said some wash because they believe they will be "needed" since it is a hard to staff facility. He said boy are they wrong. Told me the trick is to keep studying your stuff and its do-able.
I am hoping to get en-route and maybe staying to live here on Long Island but if its easier to move somewhere else to progress I would definitely do that. Any suggestions?

I was told by an uncle who works at N90 that a lot of trainees wash out because they just dont put in the work and dont continue studying their stuff. He also said some wash because they believe they will be "needed" since it is a hard to staff facility. He said boy are they wrong. Told me the trick is to keep studying your stuff and its do-able.
I am hoping to get en-route and maybe staying to live here on Long Island but if its easier to move somewhere else to progress I would definitely do that. Any suggestions?
Just try to go close to where you want to live

He’s telling the truth, the more you know and not just remember the better off you are. Most times you’ll have to dig into supplementary material just to solidify your knowledge. Academy is more straightforward. Once you’re in the field, you need all that you can legally get. It’s all do-able but with the right approach and attitude. ATC is a real estate job and just like what most people in real estate would tell you, it’s all about — Location, Location, Location. Be somewhere you’re gonna be happy with, it may as well influence your training approach.

ZNY, 2 ZOB, 2 ZMA, 2 ZAB, ZFW. ZSU and ZOA alternates. Not 100% on the order, but I think ZFW, 1 ZMA, and 1 ZAB fell off.

You're correct, those two days were fucking tough for us to sit through. 2 out of 3 that didn't make it are great people, and I am happy to have gone through this training with them. Our class got along incredibly well, it was a damn good time, despite the wild rollercoaster of emotions

You're correct, those two days were fucking tough for us to sit through. 2 out of 3 that didn't make it are great people, and I am happy to have gone through this training with them. Our class got along incredibly well, it was a damn good time, despite the wild rollercoaster of emotions
Big RIP to the guy who didn’t make it and is a terrible person.

Was the ZNY a request or mandatory?

Nobody in our class wanted/requested ZNY. We did hear ZNY was no longer taking trainees awhile back at the academy, and we were relieved. Then it got put back on lists, with the class ahead of us, then we got worried lol
Your lucky you didn’t get 3 or 4 of them. That’s what usually happens when it comes back on

Back
Top Bottom