Enroute Class pass rate

The list shows 372 facilities. How long does it usually take to cycle through the entire thing? I graduate in May and I was wondering if the list will be entirely different
List can always change and such month to month. How fast they run through the entire list though depends on the amount of people that pass each class.

My dad worked at ZMP, I’d love to also. Thanks for the info.
Nice! When did he retire? I left ZMP end of 2018, I was in area 2

The list shows 372 facilities. How long does it usually take to cycle through the entire thing? I graduate in May and I was wondering if the list will be entirely different
The list shuffles every Wednesday. Once a class gets their list the "reserved" spots are set in stone so that's why sometimes you look at the list and the reserved slots are jumbled a bit. Cuz they get attached to the top of the list then on wed the list shuffles a bit. So timing matters. Most wed update shuffles aren't very drastic but projecting far out passed the class in front of you is usually pointless.

Well a class graduates every week passing 7-12 students on average. Do you can extrapolate from there.
That’s assuming that only graduates can take those, I was under the impression that transfers as well can take those off the list.

Thanks for the responses though, I won’t try to think too much about it then.

Probably save the FAA money too.

I agree, but I don’t think they should extend the training otherwise they’ll just waste more money training people at the facility and washing them out there. Sure, there are the people in each class that don’t pass that could totally be a controller, but I would say 90% that wash at the academy have no business being a controller.

I agree, but I don’t think they should extend the training otherwise they’ll just waste more money training people at the facility and washing them out there. Sure, there are the people in each class that don’t pass that could totally be a controller, but I would say 90% that wash at the academy have no business being a controller.
You really think that if you can’t learn this job in 3 weeks you just can’t do it? I think you can compensate by making the evals slightly harder. But some
Folks just don’t get it to click in just 3 weeks.

The list is long....I look at it everytime the students receive it. There are a number of mandatory slots based on class pass size.....the highest scoring student can pick off the list...if they pick one of the mandatory's, that is one less bad choice for someone else....if no one picks the mandatory slots....the lowest scores are put in them....one at a time. Some students know where they are going before the list comes out. Pre-selected as it were. And there is apparently a new policy, spousal students of current air traffic controllers get spousal placement....to be in the same locales...last 2 clases had 2 of those
Beginning in May of 2018, every slot became mandatory. If 13 students pass, there's 13 slots to choose from.
The spouse placements are nothing new, they've been happening for a few years now at least.

Back
Top Bottom