February (Q2) 2022

The most important line from the February rules:

The panel reserves the right to address extraordinary circumstances on an as needed basis

Maybe the panel saw the chance to block your career growth as an extraordinary opportunity
You moving facilities isn’t career growth.

Moving to management is.

SCT does stink to high heaven. Sorry for those that didn't get selected there. I also didn't get picked up either. I'll just continue to apply to places/keep paperwork in I guess. Only so much networking you can do. Not following the published rules is irritating.

Technically, yea. But I’d still consider moving from a 6 to a 12, learning new skills, working a new traffic mix, and making a whole lot more money career growth. Sorry, maybe I should have used a different word. Please forgive me
I agree with you. But the agency doesn’t see it that way and Natca can’t because if they do, then they would have to acknowledge all CPCs are not created equal.

You new here? Welcome to NCEPT.
The most important line from the February rules:

The panel reserves the right to address extraordinary circumstances on an as needed basis

Maybe the panel saw the chance to block your career growth as an extraordinary opportunity

I’m not new to the NCEPT. I am just saying people can be ok if they follow the rules they publish. Why publish 3 pages worth of rules when you just have to put 1 sentence?

But when they totally go off the wall from the publish rules, you can’t blame the dislike turning to anger with people. Some people might feel this is the last straw when it comes to the union for them.

The FAA pays us, but people have to pay the Union. Getting paid vs having to pay up

Wait did they grievance the NCEPT or something??
HR left their name off the list for CLT I believe so he pretty much got his choice of facility that he had paperwork in for. He took a DEN slot from a much more qualified controller who had been in 5x longer I’m sure. Grieved HR taking away opportunities from him etc. Good job NATCA. Really missed the mark on this one.

HR left their name off the list for CLT I believe so he pretty much got his choice of facility that he had paperwork in for. He took a DEN slot from a much more qualified controller who had been in 5x longer I’m sure. Grieved HR taking away opportunities from him etc. Good job NATCA. Really missed the mark on this one.
Assuming he found this out via ranking leaks?

I’m not new to the NCEPT. I am just saying people can be ok if they follow the rules they publish. Why publish 3 pages worth of rules when you just have to put 1 sentence?

But when they totally go off the wall from the publish rules, you can’t blame the dislike turning to anger with people. Some people might feel this is the last straw when it comes to the union for them.

The FAA pays us, but people have to pay the Union. Getting paid vs having to pay up
Lol. Dude, “temporary modifications” from 2019 have become “permanent rules” now.

There is no rhyme or reason to it if you’re looking for a logical explanation. It’s above our pay grade and membership level to know what to expect on a per panel NCEPT meeting.

Your frustrations are circa 2018/2019, which leads me to believe you are, indeed, new to all this.

“Keep your hopes low, so they cannot be crushed so easily with defeat. Amen.”
- NCEPT Prayer

Lol. Dude, “temporary modifications” from 2019 have become “permanent rules” now.

There is no rhyme or reason to it if you’re looking for a logical explanation. It’s above our pay grade and membership level to know what to expect on a per panel NCEPT meeting.

Your frustrations are circa 2018/2019, which leads me to believe you are, indeed, new to all this.

“Keep your hopes low, so they cannot be crushed so easily with defeat. Amen.”
- NCEPT Prayer
I thought it was

“Thou shalt not hope in one hand more than shit in the other. Amen”
— NCEPT prayer

If I'm being completely honest, these last few panels have been super whack. I am grateful to be able to go from a level 5 to 11 on this panel, and I have had friends go from a 4 to 12, a 7 to 12, and a 7 to 10. Some are completely justified and I'm happy for them, but my God why does NCEPT feel like a complete dumpster fire now. There are so many controllers fighting and praying at a chance at making a decent living, especially in expensive places like RHV, SMO, STT, and FRG, that just can't seem to get lucky. I truly feel bad for the way people have been treated. I know there won't be too many changes on the May/June panel, but I really hope they don't mess with people's careers are terribly as in the past. I've been at my 1st facility for 4 1/2 years in bumfuck nowhere Iowa, and I absolutely love my coworkers. Them and everyone else deserve better. We have to fight for better NCEPT rules and actually enforcing them.
Should not have doxed yourself like that, that is vailed criticism of the FAA and the union, now they will banish you to the worst schedule and worst trainers and worst sup at the new facility. #collaboration

If I'm being completely honest, these last few panels have been super whack. I am grateful to be able to go from a level 5 to 11 on this panel, and I have had friends go from a 4 to 12, a 7 to 12, and a 7 to 10. Some are completely justified and I'm happy for them, but my God why does NCEPT feel like a complete dumpster fire now. There are so many controllers fighting and praying at a chance at making a decent living, especially in expensive places like RHV, SMO, STT, and FRG, that just can't seem to get lucky. I truly feel bad for the way people have been treated. I know there won't be too many changes on the May/June panel, but I really hope they don't mess with people's careers are terribly as in the past. I've been at my 1st facility for 4 1/2 years in bumfuck nowhere Iowa, and I absolutely love my coworkers. Them and everyone else deserve better. We have to fight for better NCEPT rules and actually enforcing them.
So are we mad there’s not enough lows moving to highs or there’s too many lows moving to highs?

Back
Top Bottom