February (Q2) 2022

Anyone else hear NATCA is only going to pick up NON-dues paying members and NON-PAC contributors to try to get them to rejoin next panel? It’s part of their re-recruitment and #strongertogether campaign.
Might as well quit paying, why should I pay natca to support a system that by its design is handled behind closed doors by natca with no rhyme or reason, and almost design to destroy peoples sanity. We can’t even get the list for rankings, your union gets to represent you to ATMs for ranking With out you ever know what was said, and we have to go through foia to get info. What good is the union doing?

98 selections out of how many ERR? Couple of thousands?
Our Union signed off on the MOU and even after all the discontent in so many facilities nothing…wasn’t this supposed to be temporary? Define temporary.
Also, transparency? The more I read the more it sounds like NCEPT doesn’t even follow their own rules.
I was told by one of the NCEPT Rep that NCEPT it’s the most disliked program. Why isn’t the Union pushing to change it then?
A Union should listen to the members.
Because we keep paying. They get power at the top and we keep paying dues, why would they change it

Might as well quit paying, why should I pay natca to support a system that by its design is handled behind closed doors by natca with no rhyme or reason, and almost design to destroy peoples sanity. We can’t even get the list for rankings, your union gets to represent you to ATMs for ranking With out you ever know what was said, and we have to go through foia to get info. What good is the union doing?
Who told you NCEPT was handled by NATCA?

If you read the NCEPT SOP ,3-1-5 I believe says that the NCEPT AJT management will be the deciding/approving official.
What I’ve been told by the Union is that during the NCEPT selection process it is the Union that always pushes for more selections. Now, I can even believe that but how about we make the meeting a livestream meeting? We could listen in and maybe understand this dynamic decision.
That’s transparency !

If you read the NCEPT SOP ,3-1-5 I believe says that the NCEPT AJT management will be the deciding/approving official.
What I’ve been told by the Union is that during the NCEPT selection process it is the Union that always pushes for more selections. Now, I can even believe that but how about we make the meeting a livestream meeting? We could listen in and maybe understand this dynamic decision.
That’s transparency !
They would never do a livestream. They probably just run it though a computer program while they drink and bullshit on our dime. They should 100% start posting meeting minutes again- oh wait can’t do that if you’re not even discussing

What’s equitable and fair?
For once stop blocking Articles 4&60
I work with few CPC that have been at this facility over 8years but not 15 yet. They have trained plenty, work hard every day, are in need of a change or trying to get closer to family , and cannot. Staffing will always be an issue.
Those Articles are in the CBA for a reason, for the members. For the health of the members not the NAS.

For once stop blocking Articles 4&60
I work with few CPC that have been at this facility over 8years but not 15 yet. They have trained plenty, work hard every day, are in need of a change or trying to get closer to family , and cannot. Staffing will always be an issue.
Those Articles are in the CBA for a reason, for the members. For the health of the members not the NAS.
Article 4s and 60s get priority consideration, they are not blocked. And they exist because of the union.
Staffing is an issue because the Agency makes it that way

Article 4s and 60s get priority consideration, they are not blocked. And they exist because of the union.
They exist because of the Union, but they have been tangled with the NCEPT MOU therefore the way I see it blocked.
Just like swaps have turned into a total joke. Why do we even have a swap request on the Natca site? Or in here? Just say swaps will never be considered again.

i agree that staffing Is an issue because the agency makes it that way, but the NCEPT MOU is also a big issue and both the Faa and Union signed it

Contract is only as good as the people enforcing it. If your union is doing a bad job making sure your employer is holding up their end it's not worth the paper it's written on. Ncept MOU was a bad thing, according to most of the membership, and the union had a big part in development of that MOU, and a big part in the "dynamic decisions" to this day.

You seem to come to the rescue anytime anyone says anything bad about the union....you can be critical of the union and still be a union guy you are aware of this right? In fact you may say being critical is the only way for it to get better, as yes men are gonna get us more of this wonderful era of collaboration garbage that's damaging to members and their careers.

i agree that staffing Is an issue because the agency makes it that way, but the NCEPT MOU is also a big issue and both the Faa and Union signed it
NCEPT does not have an MOU it has an SOP. NCEPT is the process by which ERRs get placed. What you're probably mad about is the National Release Policy MOU. The problem with the Release Policy is it has a clause in it that allows the Agency to ignore it at will. And they do. But not for ERRs.

Even well staffed areas or center that never have OT and are constantly over daily numbers are deemed as understaffed. Something isn’t right.

Even well staffed areas or center that never have OT and are constantly over daily numbers are deemed as understaffed. Something isn’t right.
Split areas and some people would lose money because of a downgrade. Want to bet what would cause more problems that or people complaining about being employed at a job they signed up for knowing they could be placed anywhere?

How does it work if your facility could release 3 on the PPT but you only released 1? Can’t prove the ranking for the other 2 guys were high but I have reason to believe they were top 3.

Split areas and some people would lose money because of a downgrade. Want to bet what would cause more problems that or people complaining about being employed at a job they signed up for knowing they could be placed anywhere?
Ok but if the rest of the center is so poorly staffed allegedly then they should be picking people up. But they aren’t doing that either.

Contract is only as good as the people enforcing it. If your union is doing a bad job making sure your employer is holding up their end it's not worth the paper it's written on. Ncept MOU was a bad thing, according to most of the membership, and the union had a big part in development of that MOU, and a big part in the "dynamic decisions" to this day.

You seem to come to the rescue anytime anyone says anything bad about the union....you can be critical of the union and still be a union guy you are aware of this right? In fact you may say being critical is the only way for it to get better, as yes men are gonna get us more of this wonderful era of collaboration garbage that's damaging to members and their careers.
Yes you can and should be critical and yes it’s the only way to effect change. Involved and objectively critical. The “collaboration garbage” is light years better than the alternative but we’ve been spoiled for over a decade now so most of the workforce doesn’t know how terrible this Agency can be when left to their own devices.
This board is mostly complaints about not getting an ERR. A real problem. Blaming the union for that is naive. And most of those complaints would still exist under any other transfer process. There’s many more requests than available spots and many people requesting those spots. So many would go unselected regardless but all they see is the “me” side and think they’re getting screwed.
Others complain about being trapped red and that’s a real problem but it’s a hard problem to solve because the union works for all its members and there are other controllers in your building, that are less represented in the internet mob, that can’t afford to lose more staffing. The balance is very difficult but it’s not just about 1 person getting their way.

Back
Top Bottom