February (Q2) 2022

Bruh they don’t even let trainees that haven’t done anything yet swap on their own dime
It’s a slippery slope and you know it. At what point are you an equal trainee? It seems reasonable to make an easy determination but you know some shit head would argue some bullshit. Just say no from the outset and problem solved. It’s the easiest solution. You signed saying you’d go anywhere, did you not know what that meant? Seems like the easiest solution even though I don’t agree

That would be such a logistical nightmare. You get two people to agree to swap, now you have trainees on both sides mad that they couldn't swap also. How do you ensure fairness in that. And what about move times? Do they potentially swap sides of the country on their RDOs or the 3 days of leave they've accrued?
Then someone would complain about change of station. It’s so true. Your response is spot on.

Then someone would complain about change of station. It’s so true. Your response is spot on.
Additionally, realistically this would only happen a handful of times a year at most. I can't imagine the union coming to the agency with this plan that helps half a dozen members a year, but leads to all these liabilities and added administrative work. It just doesn't make sense.

That would be such a logistical nightmare. You get two people to agree to swap, now you have trainees on both sides mad that they couldn't swap also. How do you ensure fairness in that. And what about move times? Do they potentially swap sides of the country on their RDOs or the 3 days of leave they've accrued?
Idk who cares. If you find someone to swap with them swap. Some people don’t train for like 6 months.

There’s no fairness in the current system. So why does this need to be fair.

I bet it would happen all the time with classes graduating concurrently from the academy

Idk who cares. If you find someone to swap with them swap. Some people don’t train for like 6 months.

There’s no fairness in the current system. So why does this need to be fair.

I bet it would happen all the time with classes graduating concurrently from the academy
The current process is about as fair as it can be right now. It's 99% just a numbers game. Some just drew bad hands and it's unfortunate, but it is better than how it was before and I'm sure anyone could attest to that.

Yah just send absolutely as many people as you can to as far away from where they want to be as possible.
Every plan involves a tremendous amount of bitching from people. Just different people. You’ve been certified at least 12 months now, you don’t think who have been around longer have thought of all this?

The current process is about as fair as it can be right now. It's 99% just a numbers game. Some just drew bad hands and it's unfortunate, but it is better than how it was before and I'm sure anyone could attest to that.
No, no its not. Under the old system there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I would take that 3 year release in a heartbeat. There are a ton of people on here who have been trying to move for 4+ years, and keep watching people from level 5 vfr towers jumping to 12s after being in the agency for 1 year. Bring back the old system.

Every plan involves a tremendous amount of bitching from people. Just different people. You’ve been certified at least 12 months now, you don’t think who have been around longer have thought of all this?
Yah all the people that tell everyone to spend their time you signed up to go anywhere are the ones that got to pick their state

No, no its not. Under the old system there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I would take that 3 year release in a heartbeat. There are a ton of people on here who have been trying to move for 4+ years, and keep watching people from level 5 vfr towers jumping to 12s after being in the agency for 1 year. Bring back the old system.
The old system must not have been working. You are just more comfortable dealing with your shit head manager than you are fighting the man behind the curtain. That’s why people think it’s better.

There are still only so many slots at DEN, so some people are gonna be salty. But I agree with you on the point of 4-7 going to 12s. The old system didn’t stop that, but it also didn’t force you to choose between only 4-6s. I think the problem as posted by Move78 o think it was is the National release policy. It needs to be tweaked for sure. I am also of the mind set if you apply somewhere and get the job that is now your job. Show up or resign barring hardship circumstances. Too many people playing the bid to block others game. And also screwing over the receiving facility from a selection since they don’t address it until the next panel if they can even still select.

Yah all the people that tell everyone to spend their time you signed up to go anywhere are the ones that got to pick their state
All the ones who picked their states probably applied to every state (like me) because you’d be a retard to put in for one, or put in for a state like CA which has a shit load of facilities compared to WA where I’m from. So what’s your next idea?

How many people at your facilities have ERRs out there? What percentage?
I have 0 idea

All the ones who picked their states probably applied to every state (like me) because you’d be a retard to put in for one, or put in for a state like CA which has a shit load of facilities compared to WA where I’m from. So what’s your next idea?
The first bid I applied 2 you could only put 2 states

No I just thinking improving the placement process will help with the whole picture. But I could care less go luck in ncept. Maybe ppl will get there before they retire after training for the 5th time
I know what you want to do but Overwhelmingly People don’t move 5 times to get home. Some yea but not everyone. There are just as many people who are transient types who don’t give a shit about moving, they are just chasing something. If you let people choose their first facility there will be just as many people as there are now who want to move around and even the people who are home will still want to move. Not everyone can work at Denver and Dallas. Which is what a huge number of people will choose. Or Florida or whatever. There will be a huge number of facilities not able to be staffed.

Back
Top Bottom