Going to academy for Terminal, how possible is it that I would end up back in the NJ/NY area within a couple of years?

It’s not a automatic to hardship back because the father in law is undergoing treatment, and since this condition exists before the person took the job and agreed to relocate, that basically DQ’s that as a hardship. Even if it happen after the fact it would need to be shown that the transfer is needed because there is nobody else already in the area who could provide care for the person. They are cracking down on hardships since so many a-holes started faking or embellished them to circumvent NCEPT.

But back to the original question, if you are willing to go to ZNY, get certified, wait until your facility can release one, then put in for ZNY to leap frog everyone in the facility and go there. That is questionable ethics too but the powers that be just had big meetings and re-upped on NCEPT in its exact current form, so those are the rules that exist and you might as well play by them.
Maybe I am not properly understanding but isn't ZNY enroute? My class is for terminal.

I like the way you think.

There are a ton of facilities either in, or relatively close to NY/NJ... So I think the odds are very high.

I was looking up hiring figured on 123atc.com and from what I saw, all the airports in or around NYC/NJ, were to capacity or over capacity. The only one with a shortage was N90.

I was looking up hiring figured on 123atc.com and from what I saw, all the airports in or around NYC/NJ, were to capacity or over capacity. The only one with a shortage was N90.
ABE, AVP, CDW, EWR, HPN, JFK, LGA, MDT, MMU, POU, RDG, TEB.
Those are all able to take people.

Back
Top Bottom