Hardships

When you watch multiple people leave on a "Allergies" hardship, and then attempt to come BACK to the facility they hard shipped out of because they couldn't hack it at the place they scammed to, its hard to have much faith in the process.
If they're failing out sure, maybe they are a scammer. Could they have gotten there through err/ncept? (Hint:no) At the end of the day though...it's the system. You can either work in bumfuck for your whole career, bid a supervisor job, or hardship.

I could care less about how someone got to their location-I care more about their ability to get the ramps moving and open gates.

I love hearing about the 'scammer' in the break room by the gal that barely made it

If they're failing out sure, maybe they are a scammer. Could they have gotten there through err/ncept? (Hint:no) At the end of the day though...it's the system. You can either work in bumfuck for your whole career, bid a supervisor job, or hardship.

I could care less about how someone got to their location-I care more about their ability to get the ramps moving and open gates.

I love hearing about the 'scammer' in the break room by the gal that barely made it
Facts.
Ncept and hiring/placement is a broken system.
If someone’s only hope is to get out and promote is on hardship, so be it.

Facts.
Ncept and hiring/placement is a broken system.
If someone’s only hope is to get out and promote is on hardship, so be it.
In many facilities it’s someone’s only hope because others keep hard shipping out, blocking them from potentially even being considered for the ncept. So the ncept doesn’t fail them, the bullshit hardships do.

I recently found out that my hardship was approved. Submitted June 21st, hardship was approved Aug 5th through my region and found out Aug 11th the placement. Good luck to everyone in this process. Anyone want to buy a house?!
What’s your secret?!

Knock up woman. Have woman give birth. Have woman move with kid. File hardship to DEN or MCO.
Doesn’t always work. I been separated for over 18 months from my kids. Hardship denied. I’m glad the FAA allows everyone else to be parents but not me

also doesn’t help when your previous ATM has a hard on for making your life difficult and actively went out of her way to lie about me to sabotage my package

Last edited:
So for all the people trying to hardship and have legitimate hardship concerns, my heart goes out to you. This process is not easy and the people who have tried to scam the system have only made it harder for you to be where you need to be.

My secret is that I inundated the FAA with 3 letters from 3 different drs all from different specialties.one dr is the one who recommended that we go visit first before he would provide a letter. He is also the one who recommended the place we went to. The other 2 drs backed everything he was saying plus some extra stuff. I provided a 30 page medical journal that my wife, a former pharma rep, had been keeping for 4 + years. That journal also included many pictures that anyone with a heart would have a hard time looking at because they consisted of a child with medical bandages covering her body because she would scratch to the point of bleeding. Also many other pictures that documented the severity of her case. I also included a study from a government website that backed the claim of climate therapy. Something at first was being considered as “an alternative therapy”. After I provided the study they couldn’t really make that argument anymore. The last thing I did was prayed a bunch.

So back to my original question that nobody bothered to answer, who wants to buy a house?!

So for all the people trying to hardship and have legitimate hardship concerns, my heart goes out to you. This process is not easy and the people who have tried to scam the system have only made it harder for you to be where you need to be.

My secret is that I inundated the FAA with 3 letters from 3 different drs all from different specialties.one dr is the one who recommended that we go visit first before he would provide a letter. He is also the one who recommended the place we went to. The other 2 drs backed everything he was saying plus some extra stuff. I provided a 30 page medical journal that my wife, a former pharma rep, had been keeping for 4 + years. That journal also included many pictures that anyone with a heart would have a hard time looking at because they consisted of a child with medical bandages covering her body because she would scratch to the point of bleeding. Also many other pictures that documented the severity of her case. I also included a study from a government website that backed the claim of climate therapy. Something at first was being considered as “an alternative therapy”. After I provided the study they couldn’t really make that argument anymore. The last thing I did was prayed a bunch.

So back to my original question that nobody bothered to answer, who wants to buy a house?!
Doesn’t always work. I been separated for over 18 months from my kids. Hardship denied. I’m glad the FAA allows everyone else to be parents but not me

also doesn’t help when your previous ATM has a hard on for making your life difficult and actively went out of her way to lie about me to sabotage my package

Woulda gone a lot faster with a lawyer for both of you. I don't understand why people tolerate the selective treatment of hardships. You'll be surprised how fast your hardship is bona fide once legal gets involved

Did you wait a long time after separation to file? Or enter the agency already split?
I got divorced 4 years after I entered. Got divorced because they wouldn’t transfer us for my ex wife to take care of her sick parents. Being separated out a serious strain on my marriage and it cost me my wife and two kids. One being a new born. Separated at one month

Woulda gone a lot faster with a lawyer for both of you. I don't understand why people tolerate the selective treatment of hardships. You'll be surprised how fast your hardship is bona fide once legal gets involved
I submitted my paperwork June 21st and it was approved Aug. 5th and placement was done Aug. 11th. Legal was something I had in my back pocket but I never thought that it was going to have to be used. I’m glad it didn’t.

I submitted my paperwork June 21st and it was approved Aug. 5th and placement was done Aug. 11th. Legal was something I had in my back pocket but I never thought that it was going to have to be used. I’m glad it didn’t.
Sounds like you did your homework though. Would be hard to deny something so throughly documented.

What do y’all mean when you talk about involving a lawyer? Is it a letter from a lawyer corroborating the reasons for your hardship or is it actual legal action?
I've never seen it make it past the threat of legal action. But yeah you're going to take them to court over whether the hardship is bona fide

What do y’all mean when you talk about involving a lawyer? Is it a letter from a lawyer corroborating the reasons for your hardship or is it actual legal action?
When I was waiting for the approval and it was being told to me that they were questioning whether it was legit or not and questioning a form of therapy, I had someone tell me, “well if they don’t approve it then sue them”. The thinking behind that was that I had multiple drs validating the 4 plus years of treatments my daughter has been going thru all to no avail. I had photo documentation showing that she improved in the desired location. Any good lawyer would love to take the case, especially against the govt, when the govt goes against that kind of proof. Not to mention the published medical studies done that backs “climate therapy” for my daughters condition.
Come to find out they were just verifying everything and weren’t necessarily questioning my hardship, they were just doing their due diligence which makes total sense and is to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom