Hardships

I don’t think the agency knows that they live elsewhere. I’m not sure when I would have given that info out. So I get the doctor to write a note and should be good? I can make that happen. Do they factor In if the spouse is tied down to their specific area due to work? Like my spouse can’t just pick up their things and be in my city just like that due to work. It’s hard for my spouse to find a job in my city right now in this current climate. It’s way more sensical for me to hardship to their area than it would be for them to endlessly apply for jobs over here to wait and see and in the mean time an attack occurs that ends up being fatal. But I fear it may not be seen that way.

We embraced being separated due to my job opportunity when I signed up to become an ATC but things have obviously changed due to that diagnosis that they got.
Section I :The medical condition of the employee, the employee's spouse, or dependent children residing in the employee's household requires a geographical move from the employee's present duty station assignment to a geographical area deemed necessary to improve or maintain the health or receive health services.

have your doctor included the phrasing in section one and its a slam dunk.

When you do a hardship you write a statement authorizing the FAA to contact your sources so they can validate what you are telling them. I can't confirm if that's what happened but I know it was denied for those reasons.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but exactly right you agree to letting them verify your circumstances.

After a hardship is approved, does the employee have a saying on the release date? Can we ask for a 6-8 months release date instead of 2 pay periods ?

After a hardship is approved, does the employee have a saying on the release date? Can we ask for a 6-8 months release date instead of 2 pay periods ?
That is totally at the discretion of the ATM. They could immediately let you go, or hold you for as long as they need.

Generally how long have people waited to hear something back? I submitted my paperwork to my ATM June 21st, he and the FacRep supported it and the next day they moved it up. Hoping to hear something this week.

That is true but that’s not always followed. I’ve talked to many people at our facility who have hardshipped and all the answers differ.
Many people? What a joke.
Hardships make the ncept the way it is just because people didn’t think “going anywhere” when they signed up applied to them.

Last edited:
Many people? What a joke.
Hardships make the ncept the way it is just because people didn’t think “going anywhere” when they signed up applied to them.
I’m glad you know each and every individual reason why those people hardshipped and why they are all a joke. I’ll let them know you don’t approve of their family members getting cancer and needing family help, or even getting cancer and eventually passing away and other legit reasons for a hardship.

I’m glad you know each and every individual reason why those people hardshipped and why they are all a joke. I’ll let them know you don’t approve of their family members getting cancer and needing family help, or even getting cancer and eventually passing away and other legit reasons for a hardship.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

This is why natca didn't leave hardship request up to popular vote of bue's. It doesn't matter how legitimate a hardship is, people are going to be mad.

While it’s true all hardships are scams, transferring to many places the “legitimate” way is simply impossible, so I don’t begrudge people manipulating the hardship system to move as much as I used to.

Generally how long have people waited to hear something back? I submitted my paperwork to my ATM June 21st, he and the FacRep supported it and the next day they moved it up. Hoping to hear something this week.
The correct answer is to follow up with your arvp point of contact every week to ask for an update. At a minimum every two weeks. They can and will lose paperwork. You're just another email in their inbox. They don't care.

The correct answer is to follow up with your arvp point of contact every week to ask for an update. At a minimum every two weeks. They can and will lose paperwork. You're just another email in their inbox. They don't care.
Ok thanks, just counting the days and tomorrow is the deadline for 28 business days since I submitted the paperwork. 14 days for my facility and then 14 days for my region. If I haven’t heard anything tomorrow then I’ll be making a phone call.

When you watch multiple people leave on a "Allergies" hardship, and then attempt to come BACK to the facility they hard shipped out of because they couldn't hack it at the place they scammed to, its hard to have much faith in the process.

When you watch multiple people leave on a "Allergies" hardship, and then attempt to come BACK to the facility they hard shipped out of because they couldn't hack it at the place they scammed to, its hard to have much faith in the process.
I would agree with that. If one tries to go back to the facility they came from it wasn’t a hardship, especially for allergies.

Back
Top Bottom