Hardships

That’s my only point. Sometimes I feel like NATCA wants to implement it before it gets funded. That’s not fair to us as controllers.
Fund what? You need a CRWG target number for which to fund.

Ehh, not really. If you knew when you were creating the transfer system that staffing would get to what it is today there are absolutely ways to do things that at least make transfers equitable. You'd still have people griping about wanting to transfer but you'd never make controllers face off with the prospect of literally never being able to get home their entire career.
It’s been 7 years. No one knows 7 years into the future. Of course the FAAs models did not predict things would be worse 7 years later. There’s a million problems to fix but it’s a fact that it’s impossible for any transfer program to function properly at the current staffing levels.
Also, controllers griping about transferring is not part of the equation for the FAA.

Ehh, not really. If you knew when you were creating the transfer system that staffing would get to what it is today there are absolutely ways to do things that at least make transfers equitable. You'd still have people griping about wanting to transfer but you'd never make controllers face off with the prospect of literally never being able to get home their entire career.
Once again see post above about the FAA not giving a shit about you getting home.

Your post made exactly 0 sense
Ok I’ll bite. You are questioning how funding goes hand in hand with the crwg. How exactly do we reach the fucking numbers that NATCA and the agency agree to for each facility if there is no funding attached to it. The agency has to hire trainees. That takes money. The finance department, historically, is a pain in the ass and might push back at the number of people that need to be hired to reach the crwg numbers. I admire your positivity.

Ok I’ll bite. You are questioning how funding goes hand in hand with the crwg. How exactly do we reach the fucking numbers that NATCA and the agency agree to for each facility if there is no funding attached to it. The agency has to hire trainees. That takes money. The finance department, historically, is a pain in the ass and might push back at the number of people that need to be hired to reach the crwg numbers. I admire your positivity.
It’s a double edged sword because congress doesn’t know we don’t have the funding to staff the facilities if we don’t do CRWG. In their eyes and FAA finances eyes, we’re staffed just fine so the funding is just fine. But now that we’re equipped with the CRWG numbers, we can show them how bad it actually is and what the funding needs to cover. Sadly, the people that pay us need to be shown that 1+1 does in fact equal 2.

If they don’t implement CRWG then AFN will continue to report to congress that there is no staffing shortage. If there is no staffing shortage congress won’t need to appropriate additional funds to increase staffing. You don’t get more money until you show you need more money.

If they don’t implement CRWG then AFN will continue to report to congress that there is no staffing shortage. If there is no staffing shortage congress won’t need to appropriate additional funds to increase staffing. You don’t get more money until you show you need more money.
We keep doing this on the backs of controllers and their families. All in hopes it “works out”. Worked out great for Paul rinaldi after he went before congress in 2016. So much evidence before congress that we needed more controllers…..and now we are even more understaffed.

Is it the hearing that’s the problem or the truth that is the problem
Put that shit as a disclaimer to applicants then. “you will not move this will be your final destination for the next 20 years and you will most likely have to work 6 day work weeks since funding is not available”. Let’s start being brutally honest. Start telling these kids at the academy….”you are fucked. Welcome to the faa. We won’t update the contract and ncept is one of the wildest shitshows you will ever experience”

Put that shit as a disclaimer to applicants then. “you will not move this will be your final destination for the next 20 years and you will most likely have to work 6 day work weeks since funding is not available”. Let’s start being brutally honest. Start telling these kids at the academy….”you are fucked. Welcome to the faa. We won’t update the contract and ncept is one of the wildest shitshows you will ever experience”
If you want them to hear it earlier then it’s not the hearing.

Someone is posting that in the hiring threads on reddit and getting down voted lol

I didn’t post it , and I don’t understand that at all it’s like we are a glutton for punishment. If I was getting into the FAA, I would at least like to know that I’m about to get royally fucked so I could make the right decision for myself
Idk I wasn’t sold sunshine and rainbows when I was hired…..I think the outlook was pretty clear. This was 10-15 years ago…..

Idk I wasn’t sold sunshine and rainbows when I was hired…..I think the outlook was pretty clear. This was 10-15 years ago…..
You got to pick a state. Just like I did. I ended up in that state. Now you show up clueless to the academy not knowing what the hell is happening when you pass. Or where you are going. I knew where I was going for over a year. Then I went to the academy….you were most definitely sold a better product

Back
Top Bottom